Speakers - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 12-06-2012, 02:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I want to make my own speakers system and what i have at the moment is 2 Akai 45W (recomended power) speakers and the 2 normal computer speakers that has a power cable that works with a USB cable and the normal 3.5 mm jacks to connect the two with. Now what I want to do is connect those with eachother bur i am not sure if i will need a external power sorce to make it work? And what steps do i follow to make it work? I want to be able to plug it into my laptop. Much help needed. Thanks a lot in advance...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-06-2012, 04:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 156
Not sure the Akai speakers are worth much effort! However, those are in not powered and would require an Amp!

Set up #1: EMP e5ti, e5Ci, and SLS Q line Audio surrounds, EMP 10i10i sub
Set up #2: Def Tech SM450, CLR2002, SLS Qline surrounds and Klipsch 12wD sub
Set up #3: JBL130, JBL120C and Klipsch synergy sub
post #3 of 4 Old 12-06-2012, 10:32 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
It is old speakers that my father gave me or that i actually took. So there is nothing else that I can do then?
post #4 of 4 Old 12-06-2012, 11:07 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 54
If you want to connect these to a computer you will need either 3.5mm splitter cables for quadraphonic or a 3.5mm to RCA [ depending on what you do to POWER them ] cable. You'll need some type of amp. There are lots of stereo amps out there but avoid getting an amp made for car audio. The Emotiva mini-X a-100 amplifier is a small, compact stereo amp used mainly for PA systems. It is 50 watts x 2 and costs $180. You could also look for a stereo receiver but those are fairly large units. You can also get something like the Yamaha RX-V371. It is a 5-channel receiver but would work fine as a stereo receiver. Costs $180. Just depends on whether you want something small and basic or something larger with more options for future upgrades in speakers.

Link ... http://shop.emotiva.com/collections/amplifiers/products/a100

Link ... Yamaha RX-V371BL ... http://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-RX-V371BL-5-1-Channel-V-Receiver/dp/B004QQXDVC/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1354863803&sr=1-1&keywords=Yamaha+RX-V371

HD-DVD = 94
Blu-Ray = 120 ( 24 Warner red2blu )
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page