Can I pair the Pioneer SP-PK52FS 5.1 setup with the Yamaha HTR-4065 (Costco Version of RX-V473) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 12-09-2012, 12:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Halfway through life and I have always listened to movies out of the TV speakers. Time to change that.

I have a large rectangular room that is broken up by a fireplace in the middle of the room. This seperates the living space (19' x 13.5') and what I call the den on the other side of fireplace. There is no wall, just a giant fireplace in the middle that you can walk around. So the 19' x 13.5' is not enclosed. The TV is on the long wall, making it roughly 9' from the viewing area. 50" 1080 tv. The pioneer setup is a large system, but I can fit in in this room. How I will run the cables and where to put the rear speakers will be a mystery, but I'm all up for an adventure. I'll see if I can make a slit in the carpet and fish the wires through that way.

This is a duplex, with the neighbor on the side of me as opposed to above or below. Would this system be able to be used without having it on full blast to be enjoyed? We both have a den seperating our living rooms, so it should muffle the sound a bit.

Also, as the title says, can I pair the two systems and have them work together superbly?

Keep in mind this is my first endeavor into the audio part of my entertainment center. I am not expecting it to be perfect, but I would like it to be 100x better than how I have been watching things. I would like this setup to last at least 5 years. And as opposed to replacing the whole thing, maybe switch out elements.

This will be for playing the wii, xbox, bluray, netflix, atv2, hulu and over 1000 dvds/br rips on my network.

Anything to be aware of or concerned about?

Thanks
Reply Speakers

Tags
Yamaha Rx V473 Receiver
Gear in this thread - V473 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page