New Setup feedback: Klipsch RF-82 and RC-62 paired with what else - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 12-09-2012, 06:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello All,

I have always been interested in a proper audio setup but due to monetary constraints had to settle for some HTIB setups. I am glad to announce I finally took the first step and bought the main speakers for my future setup Klipsch rf-82 and rc-62 center speakers at a great price recently. I will be looking to piece together the next components of my system in the following order (unless I am off on something) Receiver, sub and finally rears. I am going for a 5.1 setup. I wanted to see if you could suggest a proper receiver. I am currently looking at the denon 2312 as it seems to be the best value sound quality/feature wise and is well paired with klipsch speakers. Room is rectangular shape, Her room.jpg 111k .jpg file
350cms= 11.5 feet
380cms=12.5 feet
340cms=11feet
270cms=9feet

Also for the Receiver I was thinking of something around 500-700$s with value being the primary focus. Was hoping of picking something up with a higher retail value with the holiday season discounts coming up. Ideally new, used if there is a leftover warranty that would cover the receiver for at least 6 months.

I forgot to mention the receiver will be working with a Sony Bravia TV 1080p 60hz, Satelite HDPVR, PS3 running ps3 media server (for streaming movies and some music).

I was considering the denon 2312/marantz 5007/ pioneer SC-61 for the sub I was aiming for a Klipsch rw-12d. For the rears I have a chance of picking up klipsch rs42 at 425 for the pair brand new, not sure if that is a good price as I was fortunate enough to pick up the RF82 and RC62 for 600$ new at a recent store clearance.

I have been hearing the rears are not as important for music... but will play a big role in movies/games?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg room.jpg (111.2 KB, 9 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 12-09-2012, 08:09 AM

Liked: 13
Don't miss the $300 sale of the RW-12D on newegg. I have a SR5007 currently and I'm enjoying it. It has full 7.2 preouts in case you get the bug to upgrade to an amp. My coworker was looking at the SC-61 but discovered the SC-1222K is nearly identical for a lot less, also for sale on newegg. Those both also have 7.2 pre-outs and use Pioneer's MCACC instead of Audessy. For rears, I've been using old yamaha bookshelfs to run with my klipsch front if that's any indication of how important rears are. I'll be getting klipsch rears someday but they were low on my list of to buy items. Good luck with your setup, it'll be great. smile.gif
post #3 of 9 Old 12-09-2012, 08:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 98
I am a big fan of Denon. To save money I would buy refurbished from here:
http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/category/AVReceiver/Home-Audio/Home-Theater-Receivers/1.html

These are all factory refurbished and come with a full Denon factory warranty (the site is an authorized Denon reseller).

As far as budget goes, I would ensure you have a good budget for a subwoofer, as to me, that component often makes or breaks a system. I would much rather have a $300 receiver (your Klipsch speakers are very easy to drive, you don't need lots of power in your size room) and a better subwoofer smile.gif

Focus your budget on your surround speaker last.
post #4 of 9 Old 12-09-2012, 09:18 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycholis View Post

Don't miss the $300 sale of the RW-12D on newegg. I have a SR5007 currently and I'm enjoying it. It has full 7.2 preouts in case you get the bug to upgrade to an amp. My coworker was looking at the SC-61 but discovered the SC-1222K is nearly identical for a lot less, also for sale on newegg. Those both also have 7.2 pre-outs and use Pioneer's MCACC instead of Audessy. For rears, I've been using old yamaha bookshelfs to run with my klipsch front if that's any indication of how important rears are. I'll be getting klipsch rears someday but they were low on my list of to buy items. Good luck with your setup, it'll be great. smile.gif

I know about the newegg sale, but as you may have guessed from the conversion on the cms.
I'm Canadian and living across the northern border makes it quite difficult to buy from newegg.com!

I tried many methods to get them to accept payment through a canadian CC, changed the billing address to my shipping address (across the border) and they dotn want to take my money. I tried Canadian paypal... and even opened a US paypal. At first it seems that the order goes through...but they keep voiding all my orders.

I really am out of ideas... even though I really want that subwoofer.

Thanks for all the feedback ill look into the sc-1222k
post #5 of 9 Old 12-09-2012, 10:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simsin View Post

I know about the newegg sale, but as you may have guessed from the conversion on the cms.
I'm Canadian and living across the northern border makes it quite difficult to buy from newegg.com!
I tried many methods to get them to accept payment through a canadian CC, changed the billing address to my shipping address (across the border) and they dotn want to take my money. I tried Canadian paypal... and even opened a US paypal. At first it seems that the order goes through...but they keep voiding all my orders.
I really am out of ideas... even though I really want that subwoofer.
Thanks for all the feedback ill look into the sc-1222k

I would get this one since you are in Canada:
http://www.sonicboomaudio.com/pb1000-300-watt-dsp-controlled-10-ported-subwoofer-p-53.html

Or save up more and get the PB12.
post #6 of 9 Old 12-09-2012, 08:11 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks all for the feedback:

I have been hearing from People that the receiver is the most crucial point in the setup. There for I was looking to reserve around 600-700$ towards the receiver. I have been looking at the Denon's and Marantz receivers but recently names such as NAD and one store I went to suggested the premiere pioneer line...

What do you guys believe is the best receiver? should I be looking at the discrete amp? rms? weight? specific features?

thanks
post #7 of 9 Old 12-10-2012, 06:09 AM

Liked: 11
I'd rather invest more into the sub and surrounds than recover. The speakers you usually will have for a lot longer than you will a receiver, best to get the best you can afford.
post #8 of 9 Old 12-10-2012, 07:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simsin View Post

Thanks all for the feedback:
I have been hearing from People that the receiver is the most crucial point in the setup. There for I was looking to reserve around 600-700$ towards the receiver. I have been looking at the Denon's and Marantz receivers but recently names such as NAD and one store I went to suggested the premiere pioneer line...
What do you guys believe is the best receiver? should I be looking at the discrete amp? rms? weight? specific features?
thanks

I would not buy into all the marketing gimmicks on amplification. I have run the same set of efficient speakers off a $300 receiver and a $1000 dedicated amp, and could not tell a difference at normal listening levels. Since your speakers are 8ohm and very efficient, I seriously doubt you need expensive amplification to drive them based on your room size. If you had a very large room with 4 ohm rated speakers that were 86db efficient, then it would be a whole different answer.

I would look for a receiver that is rated 75-100db per channel and has the features you want. Audyssey MultiEQ is a great starting point, and MultiEQ XT is even better. No need to spend more than $500 IMHO, and focus on your subwoofer then surrounds. I would much rather have a $700 subwoofer and $300 receiver than a $700 receiver and $300 subwoofer for example.

I can tell you which system will sound better smile.gif
post #9 of 9 Old 12-19-2012, 05:28 PM

hi, i have the same set-up with the rw-12, I still need suuronds. What is the proper match for this system? thx.
Reply Speakers

Tags
Klipsch Reference Series Rf 82

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page