Just bought these Energy Take 5 Pack 5CH
for my bedroom HTPC.GOAL
Need to decide on a subwoofer
to achieve the following for a 14x12 bedroom:
- Cost effective surround system - That sweet spot for what is considered excellent price/performance on a budget. I don't want to spend 2-4x the price to have a small incremental improvement.
- Ideal for cranking electronic music
- when nobody is home
- Acceptable performance for moviesFUN FACTS
- Speakers will surround a queen sized bed
- Front speakers will be maybe a foot from the bottom of the bedReceivers considered:
- Thinking $150-$200 price range unless there's a damn good reason to drop more $$$.
- Don't need bells and whistlesYamaha RX-V371BL 5.1-Channel
Top seller on Amazon. Under $200Subwoofers considered:
- Thinking 8" for a bedroom; $100 max
- Don't need to rumble the housePioneer SW-8 100 Watt RMS
Currently my top choice for bedroom setup. Many compare its performance to a 10" woofer.Polk Audio PSW10 10-Inch
Second choice. Top seller on Amazon.
Again, I'm just looking for a simple audio setup that will suffice for blasting electro and the casual movie from time to time in my bedroom.