External Amp Speaker advice - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 12-19-2012, 06:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Looking for advice. I recently upgraded my receiver formerly a Sony DA3000ES and was running an external Crown XLS402 to power the mains in a 7.1 speaker setup. My main front speakers are Polk RTi10's. My new AVR is a Marantz 7005. Main use of system is Blue Ray/3D. Using the 7.1 config would it be better to just utilize the AVR's amp to power the fronts and remaining speakers and do away with the Crown Amp or use the Marantz Pre-amp L/R outs to go to the Crown 402 to power the mains? Again this is mainly used for video/Blue Ray. Looking to get the most out of a 7.1 speaker conifg for movies. Thanks for the advice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-19-2012, 07:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 235
I would just say that if the sound quality of your speakers is awesome to you at all the volumes your heart desires, then don't worry so much about the "measurements and specs" of the amps. biggrin.gif

IOW, try it out and see for yourself. If the Marantz alone sounds awesome, that's all you need. If not, then use the Crown amp to power the fronts.
post #3 of 4 Old 12-19-2012, 07:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 51
You have it - try it both ways and leave it the way you like best.

post #4 of 4 Old 12-19-2012, 07:13 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 38
I agree with Rick. You already have the stuff so try it and keep the configuration that sounds best to you. Don't worry about what we think.

Parasound 5125, Parasound 2100, Pro-ject RM 5.1SE, Dynavector 10x5, Pro-ject Phono Box S, Pro-ject Speed Box II, Arcam FMJ CD17, Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Pioneer Elite BDP-52FD, Vienna Acoustics Bach Grands, Vienna Acoustics Theatro Grand, Wharfedale Diamond 9.2s, REL T-1 & Panasonic TC-P54S1
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page