Forum Jump: 
 11Likes

post #271 of 1828 Old 03-20-2013, 08:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1138 Post(s)
Liked: 1110
Mine made it to the Canadian border in three days. Looks like he is slowly speeding up. Maybe in a couple of months he will be squared away. Your right , won't fit in the cruze
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 1828 Old 03-20-2013, 09:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by guteLaune View Post

Ann Arbor. 4 days is pushing it...Saturday would be 3 days, assuming today was just the "pick up" day. We'll see. Monday isn't THAT far away...but my main issue is that no one is home during the day to sign for them (Fed Ex comes in the early afternoon), and I don't think they'll fit in my Chevy Cruze...lol.

Gotta give you a shout out for living in A2. I'm a Wolverine myself and grew up in Ace Deuce.
post #273 of 1828 Old 03-21-2013, 03:24 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by VicTorious1 View Post

Gotta give you a shout out for living in A2. I'm a Wolverine myself and grew up in Ace Deuce.

Haha, thanks. Great town. Well, fedex is estimating March 26th for a delivery. Bummer. Tuesday is so far away now...lol.

post #274 of 1828 Old 03-21-2013, 06:12 AM
LVS
Advanced Member

Liked: 18
^ For all of us!!!! smile.gif Since you will likely be the first to get yours, everyone is waiting to hear what you think.
post #275 of 1828 Old 03-21-2013, 07:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Quote:

Got my Doctorate there and taught at the U for many years. I would move back (housing much cheaper than our Nation's Capital) if you guys could get rid of January and February. Parts of March and December.
post #276 of 1828 Old 03-21-2013, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Murphy View Post

Got my Doctorate there and taught at the U for many years. I would move back (housing much cheaper than our Nation's Capital) if you guys could get rid of January and February. Parts of March and December.

I didn't know you were a fellow Wolverine, Dennis. That makes having the Phils that much sweeter. I got my BBA at the B-School and my law degree there as well.

The nation's capital does have quite a sticky June, July and August.
post #277 of 1828 Old 03-21-2013, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Murphy View Post

It just makes the rest of the months that much better...Hey, St. Patty's Day 2012, I was wearing shorts and a t-shirt, and had already golfed a few times. This year it's still snowing every day. Suck.

post #278 of 1828 Old 03-22-2013, 08:30 PM

Dammit! Picked up on WEDNESDAY in Utah...Leaves Utah on FRIDAY...Jesus FedEx!!!! You can't clear a state in a day?!!! It's the only thing you're supposed to do--move sh!!!t. I swear, the dude came and got my 1.7's yesterday, and I've got nothing but bookshelf speakers to hold me over...I'm dying here. Someone help me, or I'm going to rob a local hi-fi shop...and un-rob it on Wednesday.

post #279 of 1828 Old 03-22-2013, 08:49 PM
AVS Special Member

My name.is gutelane and I'm a speakerholic !
post #280 of 1828 Old 03-23-2013, 07:03 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I know what you mean. Looks like our speakers are on the same truck and stuck in Chicago.
post #281 of 1828 Old 03-23-2013, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensmith48 View Post

I know what you mean. Looks like our speakers are on the same truck and stuck in Chicago.

It's going to feel like forever until you get them, but they'll be there before you know it. Which speakers are you getting?
post #282 of 1828 Old 03-23-2013, 04:32 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I got the Pendragons about 2 months ago and I've been waiting for the Pendragon center which is on the truck. Stll don't have the grills either but Eric said he's working on those today.
post #283 of 1828 Old 03-23-2013, 05:53 PM

Liked: 22
I need my grills too. Like 5 of them smile.gif
post #284 of 1828 Old 03-23-2013, 06:18 PM
AVS Special Member

No grills for me , I like to see the drivers and my kids know to never goof around in the room. Ten years and not even a close call. Could use a a new reclining sofa though.
post #285 of 1828 Old 03-23-2013, 08:08 PM

Liked: 10
Has anyone been able to compare the M-Lore's to the Oriel's? I'm just wondering if the Oriel's are worth the extra $250 or should the M's be sufficient? I mostly listen to music but they'd have to serve as my front HT speakers as well if that makes any difference at all. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
post #286 of 1828 Old 03-23-2013, 08:13 PM

Yeah, so I was getting frustrated by my lack of Tekton speakers and decided to see if anyone else was experiencing this. Looks like some of you were blessed with what I would term rather quick turn around times. I ordered a pair of Lore-S back on the 26th of September and so far, still a no show.
post #287 of 1828 Old 03-23-2013, 08:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxIn4 View Post

Has anyone been able to compare the M-Lore's to the Oriel's? I'm just wondering if the Oriel's are worth the extra $250 or should the M's sufficient? I mostly listen to music but they'd have to serve as my front HT speakers as well if that makes any difference at all. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
I have the Oriel 10's. In talking with eric they made sense for me because I have a big room , 14 by 30 with 10' ceilings . I am very happy with them. They fill the room easily with 90 watts of denon power. I can't imagine how the pendragons sound. Whenever I am on the fence with home theater stuff , I go with the more expensive one. I have never regretted it. If funds are tight go with the Mlore and you could always later move them to the rears. The oriels have better bass extension. You can't go wrong with either.
post #288 of 1828 Old 03-23-2013, 08:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabechef View Post

Yeah, so I was getting frustrated by my lack of Tekton speakers and decided to see if anyone else was experiencing this. Looks like some of you were blessed with what I would term rather quick turn around times. I ordered a pair of Lore-S back on the 26th of September and so far, still a no show.
I would send an email saying if there not sent out in 3 days your cancelling . That's a ridiculous amount of time.
post #289 of 1828 Old 03-23-2013, 08:47 PM

Quote:

Have you been regularly contacting Eric?
Quote:

Has anyone been able to compare the M-Lore's to the Oriel's? I'm just wondering if the Oriel's are worth the extra $250 or should the M's be sufficient? I mostly listen to music but they'd have to serve as my front HT speakers as well if that makes any difference at all. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

The M-Lores have pretty decent bass for their size. I've been listening to them and the Phil 2s this weekend and I've been surprised by the Tektons. Pretty fun little speaker. I might take some outside measurements in the weeks to come.
post #290 of 1828 Old 03-23-2013, 09:27 PM
AVS Special Member

What surprised you Vic ?
post #291 of 1828 Old 03-24-2013, 01:27 AM

Liked: 25
Someone please post and let me know when you get your Pendragon grills,. Has been 7 months now for me...still no grills. Has anyone received a Pendragon grill yet?
post #292 of 1828 Old 03-24-2013, 06:19 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 15
This is disturbing to say the least...6 months for a pair of lores, 7 months for grills...that's beyond ridiculous. I was going to order some Lores, but not now.
I'm sorry, but doesn't matter how good the speakers are. No one deserves customer service like this. One man show or not, you can't grow a business until you start taking care of your customers...
post #293 of 1828 Old 03-24-2013, 11:18 AM

I have been in somewhat regular contact with Eric, and each time I receive the same news. It seems to be the case that he is constantly behind, and I have said I would cancel on multiple occasions. Each time I try to give him another chance, but this will definitely be the last time. He has said he will make my speakers a "personal priority", though honestly I am not holding my breath.
post #294 of 1828 Old 03-24-2013, 12:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 1569
Quote:

I have been in somewhat regular contact with Eric, and each time I receive the same news. It seems to be the case that he is constantly behind, and I have said I would cancel on multiple occasions. Each time I try to give him another chance, but this will definitely be the last time. He has said he will make my speakers a "personal priority", though honestly I am not holding my breath.
That's classic with an operation that's under capitalized. So long as you haven't made a payment that hasn't resulted in a shipment within 30 days and you don't mind the inconvenience that's one thing. But if you smell smoke there's probably a fire smoldering, and it could flare up at any time. Elemental Designs wasn't the exception for small operations, it's actually rather typical. Caveat Emptor.

Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design

The Laws of Physics aren't swayed by opinion.
post #295 of 1828 Old 03-24-2013, 03:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Fitzmaurice View Post

That's classic with an operation that's under capitalized. So long as you haven't made a payment that hasn't resulted in a shipment within 30 days and you don't mind the inconvenience that's one thing. But if you smell smoke there's probably a fire smoldering, and it could flare up at any time. Elemental Designs wasn't the exception for small operations, it's actually rather typical. Caveat Emptor.
It's not cash flow that's the biggest problem . Eric liked to build the stuff himself . I asked him why don't you you just hire a couple of people to increase production . He did acknowledge that he wants to hire a couple more people but has not had the time.. He worked for much bigger companies and doesn't want to go that route. He will need to hire some more employees because his product is too popular for a two man group to keep up.

His focus has been on his family situation the last few months and I don't think he was prepared for how the good reviews from Andrew Robinson and a couple of others would increase the demand for his product. He will need to refocus his attention to production or the good reviews will turn quickly to bad.
I hope his family situation resolves itself so he can crank up production
I hope he succeeds cause I really like his product .
post #296 of 1828 Old 03-24-2013, 04:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1002 Post(s)
Liked: 1064
Man this doesn't sound too good. I don't really buy the excuse " I wasn't prepared for a good review" That sounds about as good as "my dog ate my home work"....lol
post #297 of 1828 Old 03-24-2013, 06:21 PM
AVS Special Member

How is it an excuse to have a company for years and sell say 1000 sets of speakers and then get a well known reviewer who really promotes your product and you suddenly have 500 orders in two months. I have know idea what the real numbers are but I know that I bought them based about half on what Robinson said. Should he been more prepared , definitely . I'm sure there are a dozen small speaker companies who would love to get a huge bump on sales.

These are just my spitballing thoughts as for why his orders are so slow. Maybe he's a great speaker builder butt super lazy. I obviously don't know. What I have found in my experience is very few people are great at multiple things . So far from a distance he seems to be a A PLUS speaker designer and a C MINUS buisness man.
post #298 of 1828 Old 03-25-2013, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalugadp View Post

I have the Oriel 10's. In talking with eric they made sense for me because I have a big room , 14 by 30 with 10' ceilings . I am very happy with them. They fill the room easily with 90 watts of denon power. I can't imagine how the pendragons sound. Whenever I am on the fence with home theater stuff , I go with the more expensive one. I have never regretted it. If funds are tight go with the Mlore and you could always later move them to the rears. The oriels have better bass extension. You can't go wrong with either.

Quote:

Have you been regularly contacting Eric?
The M-Lores have pretty decent bass for their size. I've been listening to them and the Phil 2s this weekend and I've been surprised by the Tektons. Pretty fun little speaker. I might take some outside measurements in the weeks to come.

Thanks guys for providing some feedback. I called this evening on my way home from work and spoke to Eric for a few minutes. I decided to settle on the M-Lores w/grilles since I have a little one at home and didn't want to run the risk he'd start poking at the woofer. He told me that they are indeed backlogged and that I should expect shipment in 4-5 weeks. Since I'm not in dire need I don't mind the wait, hopefully it doesn't end up being much longer than that though. I'll report back once I receive the speakers and way in with my thoughts.
post #299 of 1828 Old 03-25-2013, 07:29 PM

Quote:

Thanks guys for providing some feedback. I called this evening on my way home from work and spoke to Eric for a few minutes. I decided to settle on the M-Lores w/grilles since I have a little one at home and didn't want to run the risk he'd start poking at the woofer. He told me that they are indeed backlogged and that I should expect shipment in 4-5 weeks. Since I'm not in dire need I don't mind the wait, hopefully it doesn't end up being much longer than that though. I'll report back once I receive the speakers and way in with my thoughts.

Might I suggest planning for 6-8 weeks, without the grills, and then MAYBE being pleasantly surprised if they miraculously get there in 5? I'm not trying to be a downer, but Eric tends to get too optimistic in his estimates. I was quoted 4-6, shipped right at 6, and somehow it's taking FedEx 6 days to get them to me (not Eric's fault). However, I ordered a new model, and he said he already had 20 or so cabinets made...so no back-log.

post #300 of 1828 Old 03-25-2013, 09:09 PM

Hi fellow audio addicts. I am new to AVSforum as of 10 min ago. I have been looking for my "retirement speakers" for my "retirement system" for approx. 8 months. I have been a music lover / audiophile for 35 yrs. I seem to have had 2 or 3 systems on the go for some time. I was lucky enough to have had the the room(s) to do so. Now downsizing and having to make decisions on what to keep and not to keep for one only 2 channel system to keep for some time. I was going to spend another $25K to for my "last" system (within my reach anyway). I will be pairing away from most of what I have and will be upgrading my source, maybe a pre-amp and have not made a final decision on speakers but that is about to be determined rather soon I hope. I was thinking of spending a significant amount on speakers (i.e. up to 12k and was looking at new and used market) but then started searching online for "giant killer speakers" and read an awful lot of interesting stuff. I had a pair of maggie mmg's and decided to mod them "ala Magnestand" complete with completely modded outboard crossovers, hardwood frames, struts and custom variable damping stand. I have not been disappointed and could easily live with these however I was intrigued by what I read concerning Tekton as well, and ordered a pair of Lore S. I just couldn't pass as they were being described as a sound that I most likely will appreciate.I owned a pair of Reference 3a MM De Capo i's and really enjoyed them for several years (miss those a bit). They were fairly sensitive at 92db / and fairly stable 8 ohms (great with tubes not so much with SS). I will be trialing both speakers (the modded mmgs and the Lore S's) as well as choosing a source, pre-amp / amp. This will take a bit of time as I have several bits of equipment left over and will be bringing in some new bits from a local dealer to all audition at home. My current system(s) consist of Sources: Cambridge Audio 840c; Denon 3910 universal player; Bel Canto DAC 2; currently setting up streaming system. Amplifiers: Conrad Johnson MF 2500, Red Wine Audio 70.1 monoblocks (with stock tubes), Steinhart Audio 100 watt class A tube amp with Steinhart Audio Fidelio tube pre. Will be pairing the CJ MF2500 and the Red Wine monos with a McIntosh C2500 tube pre to compare with the Steinhart pre. I think I'll be occupied for a while. At this point I know I will be keeping the mmg's in their current form however I'm really looking forward to time with the Lore S's. Ultimately will be a choice between the two. It's taken a long time for the crossovers in the maggies to mature and they only started bowling me over in the past month or so. Prior to this breaking in I really wasn't sure I was liking them ( especially at the frequency extremes) and it was during the pre-fully broken in period when I decided to order my Lore S's in a "Linen White" I was able to choose from Home Depot's color samples. Anyway sorry for the long intro. Just really wanted to say that I ordered in mid-Jan and according to Fed-Ex will be here, at my door at 0900 tomorrow am. I was initially given a completion and delivery time of "2 to 3 weeks". I maintained contact with Eric every couple of weeks and at about the 4-5 week mark really started having a great ol' time with maggies and by week 8/9 had decided that I would contact Eric and cancel my order. I did this though with no ill will as I fully understand what he is attempting to do with being the "creator" of speakers rather than just another "manufacturer". I suspect he wears many hats over there at Tekton and even answers the phone, often as it sounds like he is doing 7 other things at once. So really I did it so that maybe the next customer in line would get his lore s a little sooner. No sooner had I sent my email I received a call from Eric to tell me they were ready and shipping out next day. I certainly don't blame him and applaud his success. Just hope he is able to maintain his health at this pace. Anyway will be listening to the Lore S's tomorrow. Yippi Kye Aye!!
Reply Speakers

Tags
Polk Audio Lsi7 Bookshelf Speakers Pair Ebony , Velodyne Sms 1 In Room Bass Correction Kit With Included Microphone , Sony Playstation 3 60 Gb

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page