Tekton Pendragon - Page 19 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 7Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #541 of 1819 Old 05-11-2013, 08:21 PM
Newbie
 
searat55's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello Landmantx - had to reply to encourage you -

I have owned a set of Pendragons for about a year. Been through my share of speakers and gear, some very expensive ones. These speakers ARE very special - they deliver world class sound for low dollar. My respect goes out to Eric for this. Tekton Pendragons will show you real life sound, something few speakers seem to acheive. Full range with great bass , vocals with clarity, top end without glare.We tend to listen most of the time fairly loud.

They need a quality recording. They won't turn on everybody, they do sound very live, but I adapted to their "real world" sound and now when I hear other speakers they sound veiled and lacking depth.

We run two sets of speakers in two channel - For older rock and pop ( and the lower quaity recordings) we have JBL 250ti. That seems to cover the stuff recorded from that period better, makes it sound "right".

To buy speakers based on reviews and opinion is risky for sure. Living in the country has me trying and buying lots of things on the internet. Eric's offer of return is reasonable - There is no money in it for sure with the time and hassle of a return at 15%.

For the record, I waited about 6 weeks for the speakers - and another couple months for the grills. Makes me wonder why he doesn't have a flunky do the grills - but they came. I think some of what he pushes is listen without the grills? Being in small business I know his issues, but have learned that good communication can help a lot. Hopefully he will hire some good people to bring the business into focus with the great products.

These are the first speakers my wife has agreed that are going to stay because they are 'that" good. Based on the product I feel very lucky to have found them and taken the risk.
searat55 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #542 of 1819 Old 05-12-2013, 12:16 AM
Member
 
rocky500's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I have owned some Tekton Lores in the past and did compare them to 2 speakers at the time. B&W 703's and Proac D15's. Had them here at the same time for a while.
I much prefered the Tektons as there was more dynamics to the sound. They were more exciting to listen too and music seemed to be be more real. The other 2 sounded a little more boxy but would not have heard this if I did not have the tekton's at the time.
I am sure if I had charts on each speaker it would mean nothing to me, I would just rather listen to what suits me better.
I did find the Lore's a little harsh in the upper midrange when turning up the volume and after speaking to Eric, I added a simple zobel network that did the trick.
Not sure why now but I thought the Lore's were crossed over at 12kHz to the tweeter.

I sold them off a while ago as I upgraded to some Active Adam speakers. I have now sold those and was looking to get back into a pair of Tekton speakers.
I am in Australia, so hearing any of them is not possible. Also returning them is not an option either.

I am trying to decide between the Pendragons incl the Seas model and the Enzo's. I use a sub, so bottom end is not as important. SVS 13" sealed sub. The room is quite big but quite old, so things seem to rattle a bit with ported bass. Had a Submersive but that was too much sub for my room. The room is 8mx5m brick walls and tin roof.
Just not sure which model to go for.

Anyone heard a couple of these models and could talk about the difference?

Just wondering as I am not sure I have read this anywhere, but do measurements show the sometimes boxy sound, The stage depth to the music or even the soundstage size or how voices and instruments/timbre sound and placed on stage/air?
rocky500 is offline  
post #543 of 1819 Old 05-12-2013, 09:40 AM
Member
 
nb67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fontana, CA
Posts: 163
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Hmmm, this thread is becoming somewhat of a bush telegraph. Also discrediting reviewers which kinda leads people into thinking hey, these speakers must sound like crap and sends them running for the hills but even the skeptics on this thread will stop just short of saying the speakers are no good and for good reason, they haven’t heard them yet.
Let’s stick to the problem at hand and that is promised delivery times. They suck! As Mechx pointed out as well that this is the AVS forum and no graphs for said speakers will make for a lot of speculation, which tends to lend itself to negativity.
I just had one AVS member over with over a decade on this forum and a prominent DIY’er here to. We popped on a SACD and my jaw hit the ground. His words “that was an ear opening experience”.
For the record I would have no issue in saying that I made a mistake and these speakers are crap, and send them back swallowing the return shipping fees. I was looking at speakers in the $10 000 range I heard at T.H.E show before I decided to give theses a try. So a $375 return fee didn’t phase me at all.
Are the Pendragons perfect? No. Their biggest flaw I have come across is that when you throw very complex music at them at high volume they tend to lose detail. That’s about it. Can’t fault them on anything else.
So go ahead buy them, don’t buy them, I really don’t give a rats ass but give them a fair shake before coming on here and discrediting them with perceived pearls of wisdom but be forewarned of delivery times.

nb67 is offline  
post #544 of 1819 Old 05-12-2013, 05:14 PM
Advanced Member
 
Newbie01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: North Wales, PA
Posts: 834
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by nb67 View Post

Hmmm, this thread is becoming somewhat of a bush telegraph. Also discrediting reviewers which kinda leads people into thinking hey, these speakers must sound like crap and sends them running for the hills but even the skeptics on this thread will stop just short of saying the speakers are no good and for good reason, they haven’t heard them yet.
Let’s stick to the problem at hand and that is promised delivery times. They suck! As Mechx pointed out as well that this is the AVS forum and no graphs for said speakers will make for a lot of speculation, which tends to lend itself to negativity.
I just had one AVS member over with over a decade on this forum and a prominent DIY’er here to. We popped on a SACD and my jaw hit the ground. His words “that was an ear opening experience”.
For the record I would have no issue in saying that I made a mistake and these speakers are crap, and send them back swallowing the return shipping fees. I was looking at speakers in the $10 000 range I heard at T.H.E show before I decided to give theses a try. So a $375 return fee didn’t phase me at all.
Are the Pendragons perfect? No. Their biggest flaw I have come across is that when you throw very complex music at them at high volume they tend to lose detail. That’s about it. Can’t fault them on anything else.
So go ahead buy them, don’t buy them, I really don’t give a rats ass but give them a fair shake before coming on here and discrediting them with perceived pearls of wisdom but be forewarned of delivery times.

Few things I would like to counter here...

1. What is a bush telegraph?

2. I don't think there was any discrediting going on...just people throwing some doubt on the results of one review from a freelance writer that never writes a bad review... Before people rely on a review and go out and buy the speakers...just be aware that a glowing review is not a glowing review when ALL reviews are glowing from one reviewer..

Not to say the speakers do not deserve the glowing review...just beware is all.

3. 15% restocking fee...is really outside what most in the ID Speaker industry charge. If you don't mind..and the other buyers dont mine...supply and demand has spoken...end of story.

4. This is a two parter... "I really don't give a rats ass" dates you as being in my father's generation...grats on late 50's to early 80's. Part two...your "pearls of wisdom are worth more than other people's pearls of wisdom"? eek.gif

Anyway...

The thread is getting negative due to poor customer service ..not the speakers themself as far as I can tell. Plenty of happy AV123 customers as well... It is the warning signs of an AV123 or Epik that has people throwing out flags not the product.

So there ya have it... +1 to my post count. Take it for what it is worth...which is how much you paid for my "pearl of wisdom."
Newbie01 is offline  
post #545 of 1819 Old 05-12-2013, 08:48 PM
Member
 
nb67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fontana, CA
Posts: 163
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie01 View Post

Few things I would like to counter here...

1. What is a bush telegraph?

2. I don't think there was any discrediting going on...just people throwing some doubt on the results of one review from a freelance writer that never writes a bad review... Before people rely on a review and go out and buy the speakers...just be aware that a glowing review is not a glowing review when ALL reviews are glowing from one reviewer..

Not to say the speakers do not deserve the glowing review...just beware is all.

3. 15% restocking fee...is really outside what most in the ID Speaker industry charge. If you don't mind..and the other buyers dont mine...supply and demand has spoken...end of story.

4. This is a two parter... "I really don't give a rats ass" dates you as being in my father's generation...grats on late 50's to early 80's. Part two...your "pearls of wisdom are worth more than other people's pearls of wisdom"? eek.gif

Anyway...

The thread is getting negative due to poor customer service ..not the speakers themself as far as I can tell. Plenty of happy AV123 customers as well... It is the warning signs of an AV123 or Epik that has people throwing out flags not the product.

So there ya have it... +1 to my post count. Take it for what it is worth...which is how much you paid for my "pearl of wisdom."

I'll counter your counter

1. It's a saying from Africa
2. Are we reading the same posts? People imply a lot of things here.
3. Agreed
4. Part 1 , Nope, don't assume, try 45,and I don't see the relevance of your comment?? Part 2, my opinion is worth no more or less than any other persons but I do speak as one who actually owns the Pens.
Agreed on the AV123 comment and ditto on the thread count.

nb67 is offline  
post #546 of 1819 Old 05-12-2013, 11:23 PM
Advanced Member
 
yelnatsch517's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 980
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by nb67 View Post

I'll counter your counter

1. It's a saying from Africa
2. Are we reading the same posts? People imply a lot of things here.
3. Agreed
4. Part 1 , Nope, don't asume, try 45,and I don't see the relevance of your comment?? Part 2, my opinion is worth no more or less than any other persons but I do speak as one who actually owns the Pens.
Agreed on the AV123 comment and ditto on the thread count.

Hmm, looks like you're in Fontana. I'm local, you mind if I stop by some time for a listen to satisfy my own curiosity? tongue.gif
yelnatsch517 is offline  
post #547 of 1819 Old 05-13-2013, 05:18 PM
Member
 
nb67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fontana, CA
Posts: 163
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by yelnatsch517 View Post

Hmm, looks like you're in Fontana. I'm local, you mind if I stop by some time for a listen to satisfy my own curiosity? tongue.gif

Under one condition. That is you at least give your impression of the speakers on this thread. At least there is feedback, positive or negative, makes no difference, from someone who has no vested interest in the speakers. If they suck in your opinion that’s ok, at least it’s from someone who has taken the time to go and listen to them.
If you’d like a second opinion on the Pendragons, ask the gentleman who sold you your LMS ultras.
Hell, might as well set up a meeting with Edoggrc51 who is within walking distance from me and listen to his awesome setup. He has the LS6’s (which I believe you wanted to hear) and a kick ass system all round. I travel 2 weeks out of every month so only available on 2 weekends each month but if you are interested we can setup something with Edogg.
Only question is, can you handle cultists . wink.gif

nb67 is offline  
post #548 of 1819 Old 05-13-2013, 07:42 PM
Advanced Member
 
yelnatsch517's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 980
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by nb67 View Post

Under one condition. That is you at least give your impression of the speakers on this thread. At least there is feedback, positive or negative, makes no difference, from someone who has no vested interest in the speakers. If they suck in your opinion that’s ok, at least it’s from someone who has taken the time to go and listen to them.
If you’d like a second opinion on the Pendragons, ask the gentleman who sold you your LMS ultras.
Hell, might as well set up a meeting with Edoggrc51 who is within walking distance from me and listen to his awesome setup. He has the LS6’s (which I believe you wanted to hear) and a kick ass system all round. I travel 2 weeks out of every month so only available on 2 weekends each month but if you are interested we can setup something with Edogg.
Only question is, can you handle cultists . wink.gif

Haha, I definitely will give an honest opinion and post it here on the threads. That's just my kind of personality! biggrin.gif

I'll have to find a time to visit both your houses some time. I'm interested in Edogg's LS6 as well as his sub setup. 4 ultras with adequate power, I'm drooling just thinking about it.
I just recently decided to continue my education and get a MSEE and it's crunch time at the moment. I won't really have time to breathe until summer, likely middle of June.
Let me know when you have time as it sounds like you're extremely busy.
I'll ask Mike about what he thinks of the Pendragons also. Cultists? Bring it on... tongue.gif
yelnatsch517 is offline  
post #549 of 1819 Old 05-13-2013, 08:03 PM
AVS Special Member
 
holt7153's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: City of Angels
Posts: 3,201
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by nb67 View Post

Under one condition. That is you at least give your impression of the speakers on this thread. At least there is feedback, positive or negative, makes no difference, from someone who has no vested interest in the speakers. If they suck in your opinion that’s ok, at least it’s from someone who has taken the time to go and listen to them.
If you’d like a second opinion on the Pendragons, ask the gentleman who sold you your LMS ultras.
Hell, might as well set up a meeting with Edoggrc51 who is within walking distance from me and listen to his awesome setup. He has the LS6’s (which I believe you wanted to hear) and a kick ass system all round. I travel 2 weeks out of every month so only available on 2 weekends each month but if you are interested we can setup something with Edogg.
Only question is, can you handle cultists . wink.gif

Are you running the Pendragons with your Submersive? I think Edoggrc51 is coming to the GTG next month so if you're free and interested you should join him. I believe yelnatsch517 has RSVP'd.

******************

I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, except not while driving a school bus.
holt7153 is offline  
post #550 of 1819 Old 05-13-2013, 10:29 PM
AVS Special Member
 
mjaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 2,463
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 30
I have heard NB67's Pendragons on a couple of occasions but mostly we were blasting bass heavy clips with all his subs. I was really impressed with his set-up and decided to come back with some of my own music this past weekend and really just listen to his speakers, no subs. I have to admit that I was really impressed, so much so that I even asked if the subs were on and he confirmed they were off. Not that the bass was over powering but it was well integrated and really laid a solid foundation. Very detailed speakers and there was a track which I heard something that is not as clear as on my own system which I just confirmed. Outstanding sound stage as well with the Pendragons, just played in stereo gave off a sense of space that filled the room but the instruments and vocals were still were they needed to be.

I have to admit that the Pendragons were not on my list of must auditions as I have not followed them much but I was very impressed with what I heard. I will say that I would pick these over the Aerial 9's and Emerald Physics CS2's I have owned in the past. They also resolved a little more detail than my Von Schweikerts as well... hmmmmmmm, maybe I shouldn't have listened to them wink.gif

"Half the world is looking for Jesus, and the other half is looking for more bass..."
mjaudio is online now  
post #551 of 1819 Old 05-14-2013, 11:49 AM
Newbie
 
landmantx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thank you guys for giving some honest listening impressions of the speakers. That is what I was really wanting.
landmantx is offline  
post #552 of 1819 Old 05-14-2013, 02:00 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Chu Gai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: NYC area
Posts: 14,722
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 414
So, now that you have a few more listening impressions, what's stopping you from buying?

"I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - Gregory House
Chu Gai is online now  
post #553 of 1819 Old 05-14-2013, 02:10 PM
Newbie
 
landmantx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Lack of funds, mainly... I just spent over $4k on the rest of the setup and now I need to time the speakers to my next bonus in August. If only I could depend on them being so slow to get built, I could go ahead and order now. Also, I still am struggling with the white vs Red decision. :-)

I may not add screens as I like the way they look without them. The only other decision if I proceed is whether to do the upgraded crosover and a center channel for my Solid State Home Theater Amp/Receiver. I find myself listening to music on my tube amp almost all the time such that I rarely want to even watch a movie anymore.
landmantx is offline  
post #554 of 1819 Old 05-14-2013, 02:14 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Chu Gai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: NYC area
Posts: 14,722
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 414
Did Eric address your concerns that you emailed hum about?

"I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - Gregory House
Chu Gai is online now  
post #555 of 1819 Old 05-14-2013, 03:29 PM
Member
 
nb67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fontana, CA
Posts: 163
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by holt7153 View Post

Are you running the Pendragons with your Submersive? I think Edoggrc51 is coming to the GTG next month so if you're free and interested you should join him. I believe yelnatsch517 has RSVP'd.
For movies I'll run the 2 submersives and the 2x18" dual opposed that MJaudio built but for music only the Pens by themselves.
The week of the gtg falls smack bang in the middle of my travel weeks so unfortunately can't make it but would have liked to attend and catch up with some of the fellow AVSer's I met some time ago like Sanjay.

nb67 is offline  
post #556 of 1819 Old 05-14-2013, 03:53 PM
AVS Special Member
 
holt7153's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: City of Angels
Posts: 3,201
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by nb67 View Post

The week of the gtg falls smack bang in the middle of my travel weeks so unfortunately can't make it but would have liked to attend and catch up with some of the fellow AVSer's I met some time ago like Sanjay.

A lot of us from that Fontana sub meet will be at this GTG next month so too bad you can't make it. We have regular GTGs so I'm sure something will come up in the future.

******************

I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, except not while driving a school bus.
holt7153 is offline  
post #557 of 1819 Old 05-17-2013, 06:16 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Kensmith48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Mid-Michigan
Posts: 1,241
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Thought I'd ask if anyone has received their grills yet. I sent Eric an e-mail stating that my 10 day wait is now 20 days. A few days later I got a link to join Linkedin.

Ken
Kensmith48 is offline  
post #558 of 1819 Old 05-17-2013, 08:30 AM
Newbie
 
Joe223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ken,

Did you join his LinkedIn? I am in the same situation.

Joe
Joe223 is offline  
post #559 of 1819 Old 05-17-2013, 09:54 AM
Member
 
seifer300's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 67
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I am in the same boat as you two. I emailed him to cancel my order (after months and months of excuses) then he replies as if he was surprised that I was canceling (even though he acknowledged every message I sent him with a new ready date) and soon after I receive this LinkedIn invite which I did not accept.
seifer300 is offline  
post #560 of 1819 Old 05-17-2013, 11:15 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Kensmith48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Mid-Michigan
Posts: 1,241
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Yeah, I signed up with Linkedin. I thought that's what he wanted to use to communicate any further messages. I've been checking but so far no responce. If I ever get my grills I'll cancel Linkedin.
Kensmith48 is offline  
post #561 of 1819 Old 05-17-2013, 11:25 AM
Member
 
seifer300's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 67
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Well I really hope you and others who are still waiting receive their grills really soon.
seifer300 is offline  
post #562 of 1819 Old 05-17-2013, 12:04 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Chu Gai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: NYC area
Posts: 14,722
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 414
Quote:
Originally Posted by seifer300 View Post

I am in the same boat as you two. I emailed him to cancel my order (after months and months of excuses) then he replies as if he was surprised that I was canceling (even though he acknowledged every message I sent him with a new ready date) and soon after I receive this LinkedIn invite which I did not accept.
Did you receive your refund or is that pending?

But really folks, how often do these stories have to be repeated? Does the past teach us nothing? How many people lost their monies waiting for product from AV451? Always there were excuses and they sounded plausible. Chinese New Year. We decided to upgrade the amp to give you more power. It's stuck in customs.

What about Elemental Designs? They're out of stock for capacitors or packing material or something else. Somehow the sub wasnt placed on the pallet that had yor order. A couple of people get their order promptly, write about it, say how great it is, then this gives people pause and they wait even longer. Next thing you know, your credit card company or PayPal can't help.

All these problems are invariably related to cash flow for whatever reason. Really how many times do you have to go to a restaurant with crappy service before you wise up? if you've been waiting and you're within the grace period, ask your CC for a chargeback.

"I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - Gregory House
Chu Gai is online now  
post #563 of 1819 Old 05-17-2013, 12:10 PM
Member
 
Soundman5000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: The Sunny South Carolina Coast
Posts: 85
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Going on 9 months now from my original order date, still no Pendragon grills but I did get a LinkedIn invite.
Soundman5000 is offline  
post #564 of 1819 Old 05-17-2013, 12:46 PM
Member
 
seifer300's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 67
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chu Gai View Post

Did you receive your refund or is that pending?

But really folks, how often do these stories have to be repeated? Does the past teach us nothing? How many people lost their monies waiting for product from AV451? Always there were excuses and they sounded plausible. Chinese New Year. We decided to upgrade the amp to give you more power. It's stuck in customs.

What about Elemental Designs? They're out of stock for capacitors or packing material or something else. Somehow the sub wasnt placed on the pallet that had yor order. A couple of people get their order promptly, write about it, say how great it is, then this gives people pause and they wait even longer. Next thing you know, your credit card company or PayPal can't help.

All these problems are invariably related to cash flow for whatever reason. Really how many times do you have to go to a restaurant with crappy service before you wise up? if you've been waiting and you're within the grace period, ask your CC for a chargeback.

He does not charge until its ready to ship so no I have not been charged. I just did not want to wait anymore so I ended up spending my money elsewhere. I was just chiming in since I know what the other posters are going through with the empty promises and I feel for them. I cannot empathize but truly sympathize with the posters who have been charged and have waited a long time but I did not want to be in the same situation when the time came when he charged me so I just quit while I was ahead. He was not angry at all losing my order which tells me that my speakers most likely were no where close to being ready as he claimed on numerous occasions.
seifer300 is offline  
post #565 of 1819 Old 05-18-2013, 03:17 PM
Member
 
Toymachyne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 121
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Too bad. The wait is long but I can't see me buying or trading my Pendragons for anything else. They are truly amazing at imagining and the soundstage is from the floor to the ceiling and 15 feet beyond the front wall. Crazy good. Eric needs to get his production up so more folks can see what I and many others who have heard/own them are talking about.
Toymachyne is offline  
post #566 of 1819 Old 05-18-2013, 03:28 PM
Member
 
seifer300's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 67
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I would love to hear them but it is not going to happen anytime soon unfortunately. I noticed on his blog he had a pair of open box black Pens. It was posted a few weeks ago so I am sure someone snatched them up but the next time I see any posted I will inquire.

Great to hear that you really enjoy your speakers!!
seifer300 is offline  
post #567 of 1819 Old 05-18-2013, 04:39 PM
Member
 
mechx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 142
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
mechx is offline  
post #568 of 1819 Old 05-19-2013, 05:17 AM
Senior Member
 
Badouri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 357
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 56
He can't deliver speaker grills but he's pushing 5.2 and 7.2 systems!!!
Badouri is offline  
post #569 of 1819 Old 05-19-2013, 06:48 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Kensmith48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Mid-Michigan
Posts: 1,241
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 18
[quote na

me="Badouri" url="/t/1446325/tekton-pendragon/540#post_23332438"]He can't deliver speaker grills but he's pushing 5.2 and 7.2 systems!!![/quote

That's what I thought when he came out with the Pendragon 7.1 lineup. He can't deliver what he promises but he has the time to come up with a whole new home theater line. Makes me wonder what this guy is thinking. It sure isn't about getting orders out.
Kensmith48 is offline  
post #570 of 1819 Old 05-20-2013, 05:37 AM
Member
 
brandtson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anybody actually accepted his linked in request? I had given up on ordering from him after 3 ignored emails and a brief phone call that ended with him saying he couldn't talk and to send another email but I keep getting these requests from him.
brandtson is offline  
Reply Speakers

Tags
Polk Audio Lsi7 Bookshelf Speakers Pair Ebony , Velodyne Sms 1 In Room Bass Correction Kit With Included Microphone , Sony Playstation 3 60 Gb

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off