Tekton Pendragon - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 7Likes

post #91 of 1819 Old 02-15-2013, 08:18 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Hey....can anyone tell me how to post pictures from an iPad? I have some interesting realizations with pendragon position
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 1819 Old 02-16-2013, 09:50 AM

I'm up and running!  Pendragon left, right fronts 
                                 M-Lore right surround
                                 Cabinet holding Denon 3313, Oppo 103, Comcast X-1
                                                            Panamax 4300 x two, Apple TV and Extreme
                                                            Panasonic 65"VT50
I have found that the Pen fronts are best at 12" apart with a toe in to the main listening spot......an equilateral triangle. The center channel has the best balance with a -4db setting.......the rears at 5'. Finally.......notice the GIK Tri Traps in the corners. They really do make for a clean, punchy difference in overall sound quality. The only problem is resisting cranking the volume:-))
post #93 of 1819 Old 02-16-2013, 09:50 AM

M-Lore right surround
                                                            Panasonic 65"VT50
I have found that the Pen fronts are best at 12" apart with a toe in to the main listening spot......an equilateral triangle. The center channel has the best balance with a -4db setting.......the rears at 5'. Finally.......notice the GIK Tri Traps in the corners. They really do make for a clean, punchy difference in overall sound quality. The only problem is resisting cranking the volume:-))
post #94 of 1819 Old 02-16-2013, 04:05 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpack View Post

M-Lore right surround
                                                            Panasonic 65"VT50

I'd really like to notice the traps in the corner. Where the pic's. wink.gif

post #95 of 1819 Old 02-16-2013, 06:57 PM

Help .....I can't seem to load pics from an iPad....WTF
post #96 of 1819 Old 02-17-2013, 12:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 886 Post(s)
Liked: 1011
After a few days I am ready to form my opinion of the Oriel 10 and pendragon centre . Even though there from different lines they sound similar and I don't notice a difference in sound after 10 movies. I am driving the speakers with denon 789 with 90 Watts per channel . My old setup was b&w speakers of the same price range. The oriels sound loud !!! They really are close to the 98 db sensativity . With the same settings on my receiver to start they played 9-10 db's louder then my 89db b&w. Guitars really shine . Voices are clear and powerful . They took about 25 hours to break in. Their midbass is strong and really blends in nicely with my hsu vtf15.
The pendragon centre at first sounded a bit closed. Was a little worried but after 10 hours was better and by 20 it was singing . Watching iron man 2 and all I can say is wow !! My old system had gaps. Some scenes would sound good but with tekton every scene sound powerful and clear. I was jumping in my seat playing the movie at 95db level.
For 1700 for lcr I think I got the best system for me for the money I spent. I don't see any need to upgrade for many years. The next purchase will be crown 2000 amps. Here are some pics.[IMG]
post #97 of 1819 Old 02-17-2013, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalugadp View Post

After a few days I am ready to form my opinion of the Oriel 10 and pendragon centre . Even though there from different lines they sound similar and I don't notice a difference in sound after 10 movies. I am driving the speakers with denon 789 with 90 Watts per channel . My old setup was b&w speakers of the same price range. The oriels sound loud !!! They really are close to the 98 db sensativity . With the same settings on my receiver to start they played 9-10 db's louder then my 89db b&w. Guitars really shine . Voices are clear and powerful . They took about 25 hours to break in. Their midbass is strong and really blends in nicely with my hsu vtf15.
The pendragon centre at first sounded a bit closed. Was a little worried but after 10 hours was better and by 20 it was singing . Watching iron man 2 and all I can say is wow !! My old system had gaps. Some scenes would sound good but with tekton every scene sound powerful and clear. I was jumping in my seat playing the movie at 95db level.
For 1700 for lcr I think I got the best system for me for the money I spent. I don't see any need to upgrade for many years. The next purchase will be crown 2000 amps. Here are some pics.[IMG]

I'm glad you are enjoying your system. I had the exact same impression of the center channel when I first got it. It seemed closed, seemed to drift in and out but now well after + 100hrs, it's sounds great.

post #98 of 1819 Old 02-17-2013, 07:07 PM
AVS Special Member

I re-read your post nb about the pendragon centre and it eased my concerns. Can't stop looking at the "beast" I have it crossed over at 40hz.
post #99 of 1819 Old 02-18-2013, 08:44 AM

post #100 of 1819 Old 02-18-2013, 09:12 AM
LVS
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
^ Looks awesome, what finish is that on the speakers? How does it sound? What center are you using?
post #101 of 1819 Old 02-18-2013, 09:18 AM

So, I've been trying to post some pics but having trouble with the format......hope this works. I've found out that the best width for the Pen fronts is 12-13 feet. The room is 20' x 20' so this forms an equilateral triangle with the primary listening spot. I have also found that a toe-in of 35 degrees gives the best imaging. The M-Lores as surrounds are fantastic (recommended by Eric) but will eventually be elevated a couple feet....closer to ear level. The Pen center is closed nicely in the cabinet.
Those interested in room treatments......I can't say enough about the GIK Tri Traps. They really do help smooth out bass but beware.....you'll be tempted to crank the volume more than you're "supposed" to :-). I posted two close ups of the staked Tri Traps. You can see the white caps that GIK uses to finish the fabric ( I chose one that matches well with room.....great WAF). So I went to a fabric store and found some tack strips made to anchor carpet at door edges and just pushed the nails between the two Tri's. Nice find.
Djoel likes this.
post #102 of 1819 Old 02-18-2013, 09:33 AM

The color is "deep garnet red" from Home Depot. Actually the true color is a little deeper and richer than the photos. Better for vids. Not so reflective or distracting but still eye catching. Trying again to post pics of the center, Pendragon as well.
Djoel likes this.
post #103 of 1819 Old 02-18-2013, 12:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Looks awesome bp . I loved the option of picking a custom color.
post #104 of 1819 Old 02-18-2013, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpack View Post

So, I've been trying to post some pics but having trouble with the format......hope this works. I've found out that the best width for the Pen fronts is 12-13 feet. The room is 20' x 20' so this forms an equilateral triangle with the primary listening spot. I have also found that a toe-in of 35 degrees gives the best imaging. The M-Lores as surrounds are fantastic (recommended by Eric) but will eventually be elevated a couple feet....closer to ear level. The Pen center is closed nicely in the cabinet.
Those interested in room treatments......I can't say enough about the GIK Tri Traps. They really do help smooth out bass but beware.....you'll be tempted to crank the volume more than you're "supposed" to :-). I posted two close ups of the staked Tri Traps. You can see the white caps that GIK uses to finish the fabric ( I chose one that matches well with room.....great WAF). So I went to a fabric store and found some tack strips made to anchor carpet at door edges and just pushed the nails between the two Tri's. Nice find.

I have my Pendragons at about the same distance apart as yours, about 13 feet, toe in not as aggressive as yours , maybe 20 degrees or so. When you get it right you'll have the fake center channel image in 2 channel mode.
BTW, do you have the upgraded caps?

post #105 of 1819 Old 02-18-2013, 08:13 PM

Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by nb67 View Post

Looking forward to your review + pics. I think as more people get to hear these Pendragons they will undoubtedly grow in the audio community. I’m sitting here as I write this listening to Fun’s “some nights” and am in audio nirvana biggrin.gif

Yes FUN is a good example of the vocal range of the Pendragons but definitely nothing challenging. If you really want to wow your neighbors put on Kelly Sweet "dream on" and watch your well heeled high class audiophile friends jaws all hit the floor wink.gif
post #106 of 1819 Old 02-19-2013, 05:56 AM

Alright....Kelly Sweet...
post #107 of 1819 Old 02-20-2013, 04:00 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalugadp View Post

Nope it was Oriels. My mind is going. Hang in there , give Eric a call. I ordered two weeks after u.

I've called and emailed Eric several times. The last time was last week and was told again that he was into a production run of Oriels and had just finished painting white ones and that my order in white will be started and finished soon. I don't understand how you got yours before me. In a few weeks I'll be leaving for vacation and if I don't receive my order before then I will have to cancel and will forget about Tekton forever. Eric, I understand, is a nice guy but so far his word means nothing because each time I talk to him the story as to when to expect my speakers changes. Disappointed! Btw, I don't want to talk to him again because I am afraid I will lose my cool.
post #108 of 1819 Old 02-20-2013, 04:56 PM

Eric builds awesome speakers but he is a one man show over there and actually assembles your individual speakers and does all of the xovers and testing himself. Not to say he isn't without his faults as I had to wait months to audition. The comparable speakers to Pendragons are in stock right now but you'll pay nearly the price of a small new car for them. For me it was worth the wait. Still waiting on the surrounds I orded smile.gif
post #109 of 1819 Old 02-20-2013, 05:01 PM
AVS Special Member

I hear ya. All's that I can say is that if you plan on having them for a decade like me its worth the wait. I know its frustrating . I have the patience of a two year old. I was close to cancelling myself but after having them for a week I am sooooooooooo glad I waited. If you upgrade every two years then its different . Tektons production speed is glacier but their products are awesome . Understaffed I guess
post #110 of 1819 Old 02-20-2013, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brouham View Post

I've called and emailed Eric several times. The last time was last week and was told again that he was into a production run of Oriels and had just finished painting white ones and that my order in white will be started and finished soon. I don't understand how you got yours before me. In a few weeks I'll be leaving for vacation and if I don't receive my order before then I will have to cancel and will forget about Tekton forever. Eric, I understand, is a nice guy but so far his word means nothing because each time I talk to him the story as to when to expect my speakers changes. Disappointed! Btw, I don't want to talk to him again because I am afraid I will lose my cool.

Yes, I feel your pain. If you go back a few posts you'll see it's one of my gripes. The wait!! I hope Eric reads these forums as I think we are all saying his product is fantastic but he needs to commit when he promises on a shipping date. So there is for sure some room for improvement in that region. That being said I know he is going through a rough time in his personal life right now. Still, I wish these guys would under promise and over deliver. A motto my company uses. My only advise is hang in there man. You'll be glad you did and this will all seem like a distant memory once you power them up.

post #111 of 1819 Old 02-20-2013, 06:33 PM
AVS Special Member

If I had millions I would go in business with Erik , take care of.the production issues , advertise more , have some demo's around north America for people to hear and maybe sign a deal with one chain to exclusively sell it. For now I am watching Prometheus movie right now and it sounds great.
post #112 of 1819 Old 02-20-2013, 07:20 PM

Liked: 11
I know I sound frustrated but I really hope Eric success. No hard feelings. From all that I read, Tektons are a great product but I am a bit worried that Eric is going to work himself to illness. I don't want that to happen. If it was a choice between my getting my speakers soon and Eric overworking himself, I'd rather the speakers wait.
post #113 of 1819 Old 02-20-2013, 08:21 PM
AVS Special Member

You have a right to be frustrated . When you do get them make sure you give us a good review with pictures .
post #114 of 1819 Old 02-21-2013, 01:58 PM

You have to ask if it's worth it. Most things we custom order are in higher demand and cost much more.......but we pay the higher price because to the individual it's worth it. You're getting something you REALLY want.
But in the case of Tekton, that price is actually much, much LESS expensive......if it's Tektons sound you want. For me, I'd say be patient with Eric's "one man show". You WILL be happy, not just content. The "wall of sound" ( as I like to call it ) imaging is in it's own class. Very satisfying.
post #115 of 1819 Old 02-22-2013, 01:41 PM

OMG......has anyone checked out Eric's latest offering! Go to the Tekton blog to see the Pendragon HT
post #116 of 1819 Old 02-22-2013, 01:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Are the speakers to the right dual subs ? Wonder what the specs are.
post #117 of 1819 Old 02-22-2013, 04:43 PM

Hello everyone, first time post here. I ordered my Pendragons at the end of October and got them in December. Also got the run around with Eric. Got frustated and sent an email to cancel my order. He immediately called me and an kindly explained he had alot going on in his personal life. He said he would send my speakers out the next day and so he did. I have about 100 or more hours on them now and am in love:) Mine ended up also 12 feet apart and toed in 30ish. Between the Pens and my Oppo 103, i am really getting into SACD's now. ALways leaving my jaw on the floor. If i knew how much i would like them, i would have waited even longer.
post #118 of 1819 Old 02-22-2013, 05:37 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottvamp View Post

Hello everyone, first time post here. I ordered my Pendragons at the end of October and got them in December. Also got the run around with Eric. Got frustated and sent an email to cancel my order. He immediately called me and an kindly explained he had alot going on in his personal life. He said he would send my speakers out the next day and so he did. I have about 100 or more hours on them now and am in love:) Mine ended up also 12 feet apart and toed in 30ish. Between the Pens and my Oppo 103, i am really getting into SACD's now. ALways leaving my jaw on the floor. If i knew how much i would like them, i would have waited even longer.
are you selling the 600's ?

loves...home theather/music/football:)
post #119 of 1819 Old 02-22-2013, 06:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 101
$6500 for an entire pendragon HT set up damn

No subwoofer I've heard has been able to produce the bass I've experienced in the Corps!

Must..stop...buying...every bluray release...
post #120 of 1819 Old 02-22-2013, 06:12 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokekevin View Post

$6500 for an entire pendragon HT set up damn

Are you talking 7.?

Pendragon = 2700 with shipping (standard finish)
Surrounds + Center = 850 x 3 = 2550

5.0 Total = 5250.00
Reply Speakers

Tags
Polk Audio Lsi7 Bookshelf Speakers Pair Ebony , Velodyne Sms 1 In Room Bass Correction Kit With Included Microphone , Sony Playstation 3 60 Gb

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page