Tekton Pendragon - Page 63 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 15Likes

post #1861 of 1874 Old 12-26-2014, 08:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Pendragon...speakers great..grills still missing!

I've had the pleasure of listening to my pendragon speakers for the last year. They sound great..never stressed or harsh. I've truley rediscovered my music collection. My disappointment comes from the lack of speaker grills. Eric has promised that they would be in the mail in a few weeks...that was about 10 months ago. I email him every few months and usually get "sorry I'll get right on it" response and then nothing. My last email just requested a refund for the grills and wasn't replied to.

Btw did any other pendragon owners get carpet spikes, I diddnt..just curious

Thanks

Bill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1862 of 1874 Old 12-26-2014, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpt0215 View Post
I've had the pleasure of listening to my pendragon speakers for the last year. They sound great..never stressed or harsh. I've truley rediscovered my music collection. My disappointment comes from the lack of speaker grills. Eric has promised that they would be in the mail in a few weeks...that was about 10 months ago. I email him every few months and usually get "sorry I'll get right on it" response and then nothing. My last email just requested a refund for the grills and wasn't replied to.

Btw did any other pendragon owners get carpet spikes, I diddnt..just curious

Thanks

Bill
Received my Pendragons in October 2012. Paid for the grills. Stressed to Eric I was only ordering them because the grills were an available option. He assured me the grills would be sent with my order. Short story, I've yet to receive the grills either, and I have made regular requests like you for the grills since I received the 'Dragons. The carpet spikes were also missing when the Pendragons were delivered. When I called the first time about the grills and mentioned the spikes, Eric did send the spikes right on out.
post #1863 of 1874 Old 12-26-2014, 10:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1375 Post(s)
Liked: 1242
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRS987 View Post
Received my Pendragons in October 2012. Paid for the grills. Stressed to Eric I was only ordering them because the grills were an available option. He assured me the grills would be sent with my order. Short story, I've yet to receive the grills either, and I have made regular requests like you for the grills since I received the 'Dragons. The carpet spikes were also missing when the Pendragons were delivered. When I called the first time about the grills and mentioned the spikes, Eric did send the spikes right on out.
Sorry you paid for your speakers over two years ago and paid for grills and still don't have them yet? That is so brutal.
post #1864 of 1874 Old 12-26-2014, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post
Sorry you paid for your speakers over two years ago and paid for grills and still don't have them yet? That is so brutal.
Yes, that is correct. Same story as original poster. I make a call, speak with Eric, he assures me the grills will be sent right on out, then the grills are never received. Wait a reasonable amount of time, then repeat the request to Tekton with the same lack thereof result. It is good to hear that Tekton appears to be sending the grills with the new orders. But for those of us who made earlier purchases looks like we are left holding the bag. At did at least receive the carpet spikes.
post #1865 of 1874 Old 12-26-2014, 10:16 PM

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Yes, that is correct. Same story as original poster. I make a call, speak with Eric, he assures me the grills will be sent right on out, then the grills are never received. Wait a reasonable amount of time, then repeat the request to Tekton with the same lack thereof result. It is good to hear that Tekton appears to be sending the grills with the new orders. But for those of us who made earlier purchases looks like we are left holding the bag. At did at least receive the carpet spikes.
Sounds like this Eric chap doesn't quite have his act together. I read posts like this and think this is a good reason to go with a different option.

As a side note, I read about 20% of that unintelligible block of drivel on the previous page and thought, if I were Eric I'd delete it without bothering to read it. Nobody has that kind of patience, nor should they.

1: Sony DVP-S7000 | Denon DVD-2900 | Laptop > Emotiva XDA-2 > Emotiva Control Freak > Crown XLS2000 > Focal 826V | Def Tech BP2000 | (2) DIY 15" Subs
2: Computer > Parasound Zdac > Emotiva Control Freak > Acurus A150 > Focal 706V | Def Tech SM450 | Velodyne F-1000B Sub
post #1866 of 1874 Old 12-26-2014, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. Seems we're in the same boat! What's so sad is I'd like to buy a center Channel and sub..but after the lack of customer service..I'm done with Eric. What bothers me most is how understanding I've been with him. I'd read stories about personal problems he was having and all i asked for was a fair update...he could've told me six months and I could have dealt with it. I did notice a YouTube clip with new light blue pendragons...it appears the one speaker without the grill has holes for the grill. My pendragons don not have holes..I wonder if Eric changed his way of mounting the grills and we're just out of luck.
post #1867 of 1874 Old Yesterday, 06:25 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 330 Post(s)
Liked: 607
There are things that I have hard time figuring out.

Why did anyone buy a Yugo?
Why do NBA teams waste high picks on big men with known knee and foot problems?
Why do people buy upgradeable receivers thinking they'll accommodate the technology that's coming a few years down the road?
Why do we provide aid to NK?
How does a guy like Eric stay in business?

"I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - Gregory House
post #1868 of 1874 Old Yesterday, 07:17 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
What's so sad is I'd like to buy a center Channel and sub..
Yep, stay away from the pen center. The LR are great but the center lacks something. I've got the 1099 atm as a center and it sounds fantastic.

post #1869 of 1874 Old Yesterday, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. Seems we're in the same boat! What's so sad is I'd like to buy a center Channel and sub..but after the lack of customer service..I'm done with Eric. What bothers me most is how understanding I've been with him. I'd read stories about personal problems he was having and all i asked for was a fair update...he could've told me six months and I could have dealt with it. I did notice a YouTube clip with new light blue pendragons...it appears the one speaker without the grill has holes for the grill. My pendragons don not have holes..I wonder if Eric changed his way of mounting the grills and we're just out of luck.
You are welcome. Yes, same boat. It is what it is at this point, and Tekton has had plenty of time to rectify the situation. Caveat Emptor at this point for anyone considering purchasing speakers from Tekton. I will not purchase from this company again as a result.

By the way, my Pendragons did come with the holes for the speaker grills.
post #1870 of 1874 Old Yesterday, 11:13 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Liked: 18
I believe the speaker grills for the speakers with no holes were foam grills that attached with Velcro.I had trouble getting grills from Eric also. I called him and argued that he couldn't be trusted to give me grills. Long story short-- I got a refund, ordered parts from Parts Express for approx.. $40 and made my own grills for the towers and center.
The original center had 10" drivers and now they are 8". That could be the problem that people are hearing
post #1871 of 1874 Old Yesterday, 11:25 AM

Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensmith48 View Post
The original center had 10" drivers and now they are 8". That could be the problem that people are hearing
Their website still states 10 " drivers

post #1872 of 1874 Old Yesterday, 12:18 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello Everyone. Any suggestions for a Center Channel (not DIY) to pair with the Pendragons. I was considering ordering the Center from Eric but after reading all the users experiences would like to go another route. Am not great at DIY thus was looking for some other options.
post #1873 of 1874 Old Yesterday, 03:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 110
seems to me Eric has no problem sleeping at night with additional customer funds.

Habit Forming....Wallet Burning Hobby....

64" Samsung F8500 Plasma
55" Samsung B8500 Full Array Lcd
Channel Master Dvr
Onkyo 818
Crown xls-2000
Sony Blu-Ray 790
Svs Ultra Towers/Center, Energy Rc-50 Surround
Svs Pb-13 Ultra Sub
post #1874 of 1874 Old Today, 06:10 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by nb67 View Post
Their website still states 10 " drivers
I haven't been on his web site for awhile but I remember seeing 8" drivers. Maybe he went back to 10".
Reply Speakers

Tags
Polk Audio Lsi7 Bookshelf Speakers Pair Ebony , Velodyne Sms 1 In Room Bass Correction Kit With Included Microphone , Sony Playstation 3 60 Gb

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page