post #1891 of 1894 Unread Yesterday, 07:23 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 374 Post(s)
Liked: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikekam9280 View Post
From what I've read I'd have to remove one of the woofers to get in there and really have a look around. Being that I'm not an engineer or big DIY'er when it comes to this stuff I might take the above posters advice and try to sell them.

Plus if I crack these things open and start poking around I may void whatever is left of Eric's garbage warranty anyway.

Honestly, the guy at Madisound where I just got the replacement tweeters from has been 10x as helpful as Eric.
You don't have to be an engineer or a DIY'r. Just be careful and use the right screwdriver. Take pics. Get that guy to send pics of the ones he's using too. Then compare them.
Quote:
I already ordered 3 of the exact replacements from Madisound. If they fry too then maybe I'll try using different tweeters. I'm sure I've already voided my warranty by speaking poorly of Mr. Alexander so it might not even matter at this point.

thanks for the advice though...I wish I could put a RAAL in there.
Something caused the tweeters to fail. If you don't address the root cause, they'll fail again so it's in your best interest to be somewhat thorough here. Get him to send you pics of the crossover and in the meantime get some pics of yours which you can then compare. Just use a good screwdriver and be careful. Maybe he screwed up the wiring, wrong parts.

Call your CC company, tell the story, and see if they can help. Call the BBB and file a complaint. Odds are they can't do anything. It you ding the SOB. Same with Reddit and Yelp. If you want to go further, Utah has a consumer protection division. Look it up on the web.

Lastly, bookmark this thread. Next time someone posts expressing an interest tell your story.

"I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - Gregory House
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1892 of 1894 Unread Today, 10:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Here's my story...I noticed yesterday that 3 of the 6 tweeters looked deformed. I emailed Eric some pics and he said I melted them by playing my system too loud. My amplifier puts out 200WPC and the Pendragons are rated at 400WPC...not sure where the problem is. I've had other speakers on that same system cranked to 75% of their volume for hours with nothing melting.
Eric is not doing his business any favors by treating his customers this way. I am curious though as to why your tweeters are blowing. I'm powering mine with a XPR5 which is 400W into 8 ohms for over a year now and have not had any problems.

post #1893 of 1894 Unread Today, 12:52 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:

My only recourse is to buy 3 new tweeters and hopefully not melt them again in 30 days. If any of you Pendragon owners find yourself in the same situation you'll be needing this link:

http://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com...-dome-tweeter/
Yep those are the correct ones.
I took mine out of the center.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0952.JPG
Views:	11
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	499882   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0953 (1).JPG
Views:	11
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	499890   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0954.JPG
Views:	9
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	499898  

post #1894 of 1894 Unread Today, 07:31 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Im happy these forums exist. I was so ready to pull the trigger on some Pendragons but thankfully I was able to avoid dealing with that douchebag Eric Alexander
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Polk Audio Lsi7 Bookshelf Speakers Pair Ebony , Velodyne Sms 1 In Room Bass Correction Kit With Included Microphone , Sony Playstation 3 60 Gb

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page