Tekton Pendragon - Page 65 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 39Likes
post #1921 of 1948 Old Today, 03:35 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Sure. This is long term thermal heat damage - no other way to do this. I've only seen this twice in three years so it's not a show-stopper in the Pendragon design. My first client freely admitted that he was playing them "very loud". I helped him through the replacement and everything was fixed.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1922 of 1948 Old Today, 04:24 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 1
I lost my temper

It is 2 am and it is not my "norm" to lose my temper. This Form was when I started over a year ago as "elvisthebeagle" that got mis-spelled. Back then I was told this was a technical Form that dwelled on Specs, graphs and calibrated performance. There was a guy named Fitzmarice, sorry if I mis-spelled the name, but he would piss me off more that anybody. Reason being was he knows more about loudspeakers and design than all of us on this page put together. He knows much more. He had /has credibility. He is as far as I know not a Tekton fan. At least he knew what he was talking about and made me learn about what he was saying. One tweeter blowing up is one thing. All three is a major power surge. I am not anything more that a very happy Tekton customer. Not Eric's' buddy or anything close to that. I have a great respect for Eric's genius . I my opinion and experience Demoing loudspeakers for over one year it would cost me thousands of dollars more to equal the quality of audio performance from Tekton. It is some "Give and take". I sum it up this way. His company grew very fast. After the review from Andrew Robinson he was flooded with orders. My order was months late and came drilled for grills and no grills. I told Eric that if the grills were to hold up the order more, then to just ship the speakers only. Mine also have no Tekton badges. When they arrived, they were professionally packed by Eric's new very expensive packing machine. A flat Red lacquer , several coats. The cabinets, very plain were nicely done. They were fun just to look at. When I removed the def techs and hooked up the Pendragons I now could hear every tiny sound clearly. Cymbals that sounded like cymbals. Tom Toms that had a "real life punch". Snare drums were so real sounding. Horns were like they were in the room and so on.Not to forget voices as clear as if in the room with me also. I visited a couple of other sites. Another Internet Direct Loudspeaker company that has always had a pretty good reputation. I saw the exact same name bashing. A bunch of " Audio legends in their own minds" bashing this company. I called Eric last night out of curiosity.He told me that he refunded the guys money. FUNNY HOW THAT NEVER MADE IT TO THE FORM. He said that he felt it that had to be mis use and with his huge order file it just was not worth the time. He did not say this but I could tell that this bothered him. Had this person just asked for help without all the theatrics Eric would have helped him anyway. When he had too many orders to fill he made choices 'build speakers or build grills. He built without sacrificing quality the loudspeakers. The grills were backordered or what ever. SO-What. At least I have fantastic Loudspeakers that are as good or better that the top if the line Vienna Acoustics that we put side by side. I sat in a $30,000 home theater room that did NOT sound better than mine. What Eric has made available for a very affordable amount of money is mind boggling. No cheap MIC labor. Made in USA. Eric almost always answers his own phone and will talk to anybody. And Again, Eric does not make the tweeters. There are thousands of them out in the world working just great. Again, All there was some kind of power surge. Cross bracing and what ever the other ignorant comment about damping pushed me over the top. It is his design. If you know how to build the "correct" loudspeaker then why bother with Tekton? Just buy some MDF and have your 7th graders build the cabinets, you show / educate us all how to "do it right" and make a fortune. Odds are you can't. Teaching is a noble profession. I have a teaching credential that I never used. Could not support a family on what it pays. Eric does not pay for reviews like Pioneer does. He will send the reviewer a pair of speakers to "Demo" and that is it. Eric is running a business, not a charity. His company is very young. He has learned by doing. Not sitting on the sideline second guessing other peoples companies. Tekton will be around for a long time. He has a great business model. He makes great products. He is willing to "learn" as he grows. By the way on the subject of cabinet quality, yes the base models are MDF. MDF is what kitchen cabinets are made from. Also there are different grades of MDF and HDF. Interior grades and exterior. Unlike plywood there no voids. There are great for speaker cabinets. If you wanted better cabinet veneers Eric does custom work with all kinds of exotic woods. So if you're going to take a cheap shot please get your facts straight. Fancy veneers will not make the speakers sound better. Solid hard wood lumber would drive the loudspeaker cost out of most peoples reach. So what was your point? Toot the "I am a high school wood shop teacher" horn. A very noble profession, but what does that have to do with Loudspeaker design? Eric had been doing this successfully all his life. He designed many award winning Loudspeakers for other companies. One is Internet direct in Lake Oswego, ORE. He had the guts to put together a business plan, sell it to a bank, get the funds to start a company from scratch and in just a few years is making major "thunder" in the audio industry. Anybody that would like the real truth about Tekton I would be happy to help. Pros and cons. Do not read these (including mine) and think this is a fair review of Tekton. Do not deprive your self to own true audiophile Loudspeakers for a affordable price. Use Google, see those reviews. Talk to Eric. Do not just take our word for it. I think that you will find that AVS is turning into a bunch of "elite members" that are "legends in their own minds". A sort of "buddy system". Just look at how many posts they have written. Thousands of them. That is not normal.
post #1923 of 1948 Old Today, 04:37 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipherbreak View Post
Im happy these forums exist. I was so ready to pull the trigger on some Pendragons but thankfully I was able to avoid dealing with that douchebag Eric Alexander
Eric and a very honest man. I own Pendragons for over a year. No problems, just audio joy. To call Eric names was uncalled for. These people on this site are not the "gurus" you may think they are. Not giving Tekton a fair trial is your loss. Go buy Def techs at Ebay. Bajawaverunner is the site name. They have an outlet for refurbished Loudspeakers. They are owned by Def Tech. Almost half price. Problem is you will not get the mids and crystal clear highs. All I am saying is kept an open mind and just talk to Eric. Eric has plenty of business , I just don't want others to make the same costly mistakes that I have made.
post #1924 of 1948 Old Today, 05:42 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Liked: 640
Quote:
Originally Posted by tektondesign View Post
The Pendragon is everything the professional reviewers have purported it to be. Anyone purchasing the Tekton Design Pendragon for home theater and/or hi-fi is going to be pleasantly rewarded with a great sounding loudspeaker. I've got plenty on the shelf ready to ship out today. The lead times are minimal with shipping occurring same day or under 24 hours for standard satin black finish.

I also encourage anyone still requiring grilles (on any Tekton model) to please call me directly or send me a brief email.

Eric Alexander
President
Tekton Design LLC

FYI: The Tekton Design Pendragon certainly does contain damping material and the Tekton Design Pendragon also utilizes integral cabinet bracing. I've found each of these to be necessity in a high performance loudspeaker.
To think that the first statement you make is to self promote yourself. No contrition. Wow.

People have been contacting you repeatedly about grills by phone and email essentially to no avail. Promises made, promises broken and unfortunately for them, but fortunate for you, they don't know
what agencies to direct their complaints. One of your staunchest supporters and apologists, michaelthemutt, still doesn't have his labels after repeated inquiries.

So now you ask folks to send you a brief email. And? State publicly how and in what time frame you intend to remedy this situation. Aren't you tired yet of being saddled by this? Do you take some pride in knowing that you're flaunting FTC business guidelines and getting away with it?

As to bracing and dampening material, provide pictures supporting your position because it seems at odds with what the gentleman from B.C. says he found.

Quote:
Sure. This is long term thermal heat damage - no other way to do this. I've only seen this twice in three years so it's not a show-stopper in the Pendragon design. My first client freely admitted that he was playing them "very loud". I helped him through the replacement and everything was fixed.

You may or may not be right but you haven't conducted a proper investigation - pictures of the crossover and internal wiring, physical examination of the crossover, etc. instead, you've issued a proclamation without exercising due diligence. Loud doesnt mean anything because there are people who state they don't have any problems and are also playing loud. Instead they have a toothless warranty as useless as tits on a bull.

"I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - Gregory House
post #1925 of 1948 Old Today, 06:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 857 Post(s)
Liked: 682
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelthemutt View Post
It is 2 am and it is not my "norm" to lose my temper. This Form was when I started over a year ago as "elvisthebeagle" that got mis-spelled. Back then I was told this was a technical Form that dwelled on Specs, graphs and calibrated performance. There was a guy named Fitzmarice, sorry if I mis-spelled the name, but he would piss me off more that anybody. Reason being was he knows more about loudspeakers and design than all of us on this page put together. He knows much more. He had /has credibility. He is as far as I know not a Tekton fan. At least he knew what he was talking about and made me learn about what he was saying. One tweeter blowing up is one thing. All three is a major power surge. I am not anything more that a very happy Tekton customer. Not Eric's' buddy or anything close to that. I have a great respect for Eric's genius . I my opinion and experience Demoing loudspeakers for over one year it would cost me thousands of dollars more to equal the quality of audio performance from Tekton. It is some "Give and take". I sum it up this way. His company grew very fast. After the review from Andrew Robinson he was flooded with orders. My order was months late and came drilled for grills and no grills. I told Eric that if the grills were to hold up the order more, then to just ship the speakers only. Mine also have no Tekton badges. When they arrived, they were professionally packed by Eric's new very expensive packing machine. A flat Red lacquer , several coats. The cabinets, very plain were nicely done. They were fun just to look at. When I removed the def techs and hooked up the Pendragons I now could hear every tiny sound clearly. Cymbals that sounded like cymbals. Tom Toms that had a "real life punch". Snare drums were so real sounding. Horns were like they were in the room and so on.Not to forget voices as clear as if in the room with me also. I visited a couple of other sites. Another Internet Direct Loudspeaker company that has always had a pretty good reputation. I saw the exact same name bashing. A bunch of " Audio legends in their own minds" bashing this company. I called Eric last night out of curiosity.He told me that he refunded the guys money. FUNNY HOW THAT NEVER MADE IT TO THE FORM. He said that he felt it that had to be mis use and with his huge order file it just was not worth the time. He did not say this but I could tell that this bothered him. Had this person just asked for help without all the theatrics Eric would have helped him anyway. When he had too many orders to fill he made choices 'build speakers or build grills. He built without sacrificing quality the loudspeakers. The grills were backordered or what ever. SO-What. At least I have fantastic Loudspeakers that are as good or better that the top if the line Vienna Acoustics that we put side by side. I sat in a $30,000 home theater room that did NOT sound better than mine. What Eric has made available for a very affordable amount of money is mind boggling. No cheap MIC labor. Made in USA. Eric almost always answers his own phone and will talk to anybody. And Again, Eric does not make the tweeters. There are thousands of them out in the world working just great. Again, All there was some kind of power surge. Cross bracing and what ever the other ignorant comment about damping pushed me over the top. It is his design. If you know how to build the "correct" loudspeaker then why bother with Tekton? Just buy some MDF and have your 7th graders build the cabinets, you show / educate us all how to "do it right" and make a fortune. Odds are you can't. Teaching is a noble profession. I have a teaching credential that I never used. Could not support a family on what it pays. Eric does not pay for reviews like Pioneer does. He will send the reviewer a pair of speakers to "Demo" and that is it. Eric is running a business, not a charity. His company is very young. He has learned by doing. Not sitting on the sideline second guessing other peoples companies. Tekton will be around for a long time. He has a great business model. He makes great products. He is willing to "learn" as he grows. By the way on the subject of cabinet quality, yes the base models are MDF. MDF is what kitchen cabinets are made from. Also there are different grades of MDF and HDF. Interior grades and exterior. Unlike plywood there no voids. There are great for speaker cabinets. If you wanted better cabinet veneers Eric does custom work with all kinds of exotic woods. So if you're going to take a cheap shot please get your facts straight. Fancy veneers will not make the speakers sound better. Solid hard wood lumber would drive the loudspeaker cost out of most peoples reach. So what was your point? Toot the "I am a high school wood shop teacher" horn. A very noble profession, but what does that have to do with Loudspeaker design? Eric had been doing this successfully all his life. He designed many award winning Loudspeakers for other companies. One is Internet direct in Lake Oswego, ORE. He had the guts to put together a business plan, sell it to a bank, get the funds to start a company from scratch and in just a few years is making major "thunder" in the audio industry. Anybody that would like the real truth about Tekton I would be happy to help. Pros and cons. Do not read these (including mine) and think this is a fair review of Tekton. Do not deprive your self to own true audiophile Loudspeakers for a affordable price. Use Google, see those reviews. Talk to Eric. Do not just take our word for it. I think that you will find that AVS is turning into a bunch of "elite members" that are "legends in their own minds". A sort of "buddy system". Just look at how many posts they have written. Thousands of them. That is not normal.

par·a·graph
ˈperəˌɡraf/
noun
a distinct section of a piece of writing, usually dealing with a single theme and indicated by a new line, indentation, or numbering.
synonyms: section, subdivision, part, subsection, division, portion, segment, passage More
laulau, RMK!, jbrown15 and 3 others like this.
post #1926 of 1948 Old Today, 07:37 AM

Once again, the Pendragon is everything the professional reviewers have purported it to be. Anyone purchasing the Tekton Design Pendragon for home theater and/or hi-fi is going to be pleasantly rewarded with a great sounding loudspeaker. I've got plenty on the shelf ready to ship out today. The lead times are minimal with shipping occurring same day or under 24 hours for standard satin black finish.

I also encourage anyone still requiring grilles (on any Tekton model) to please call me directly or send me a brief email.

Eric Alexander
President
Tekton Design LLC

FYI: The Tekton Design Pendragon certainly does contain damping material and the Tekton Design Pendragon also utilizes integral cabinet bracing. I've found each of these to be necessity in a high performance loudspeaker.
post #1927 of 1948 Old Today, 08:16 AM
AVS Special Member

I heard the Pendragons at a GTG and they sounded pretty good but I question this:

Sensitivity: 98 db's
Frequency response: 20hz - 30khz

No way that's possible in an enclosure that size. Is that +/- 10 db's on the frequency response? Even then I would question it. No way the 98 db sensitivity is right either.
post #1928 of 1948 Old Today, 08:53 AM
AVS Addicted Member

In the StereoMojo review, it was estimated at 95 dB.

"I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - Gregory House
post #1929 of 1948 Old Today, 08:55 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Once again, the Pendragon is everything the professional reviewers have purported it to be. Anyone purchasing the Tekton Design Pendragon for home theater and/or hi-fi is going to be pleasantly rewarded with a great sounding loudspeaker. I've got plenty on the shelf ready to ship out today. The lead times are minimal with shipping occurring same day or under 24 hours for standard satin black finish.

Eric Alexander
President
Tekton Design LLC

This repeated post cannot possibly be construed as constructive engagement, can it?
its phillip likes this.

post #1930 of 1948 Old Today, 08:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chu Gai View Post
In the StereoMojo review, it was estimated at 95 dB.
Even with that I'm not buying 20hz unless it's +/- a lot.
post #1931 of 1948 Old Today, 09:24 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 1777
Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
I heard the Pendragons at a GTG and they sounded pretty good but I question this:
No way that's possible in an enclosure that size. Is that +/- 10 db's on the frequency response? Even then I would question it. No way the 98 db sensitivity is right either.
Using pro sound drivers 98dB sensitivity is likely, but not with useful 20Hz response. About the best you'll get at 20Hz is 85dB sensitivity.
This is the same nonsense that Zu has long spouted, must be something in the Utah water. That, or too much time spent in Colorado.
Even Klipsch, the king of specsmanship, doesn't make such an outrageous claim. But almost...

Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design

The Laws of Physics aren't swayed by opinion.
post #1932 of 1948 Old Today, 10:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Fitzmaurice View Post
Using pro sound drivers 98dB sensitivity is likely, but not with useful 20Hz response. About the best you'll get at 20Hz is 85dB sensitivity.
This is the same nonsense that Zu has long spouted, must be something in the Utah water. That, or too much time spent in Colorado.
Even Klipsch, the king of specsmanship, doesn't make such an outrageous claim. But almost...

Wow - 85 db sensitivity - I'm not surprised though, I would have guessed in the 80's for sure.

Yeah, I've learned first hand how stupid big a speaker has to be to play below 20hz and still have sensitivity in the 90's.
post #1933 of 1948 Old Today, 11:13 AM

Respectfully, the Pendragon is everything the professional reviewers have purported it to be. Anyone purchasing the Tekton Design Pendragon for home theater and/or hi-fi is going to be pleasantly rewarded with a great sounding loudspeaker. I've got plenty on the shelf ready to ship out today. The lead times are minimal with shipping occurring same day or under 24 hours for standard satin black finish.

Eric Alexander
President
Tekton Design LLC
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pendragon-theater.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	132.1 KB
ID:	506161  
post #1934 of 1948 Old Today, 11:17 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Quote:
par·a·graph
ˈperəˌɡraf/
noun
a distinct section of a piece of writing, usually dealing with a single theme and indicated by a new line, indentation, or numbering.
synonyms: section, subdivision, part, subsection, division, portion, segment, passage More
Post of the year!
post #1935 of 1948 Old Today, 11:51 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Respectfully, the Pendragon is everything the professional reviewers have purported it to be. Anyone purchasing the Tekton Design Pendragon for home theater and/or hi-fi is going to be pleasantly rewarded with a great sounding loudspeaker. I've got plenty on the shelf ready to ship out today. The lead times are minimal with shipping occurring same day or under 24 hours for standard satin black finish.

Eric Alexander
President
Tekton Design LLC
jbrown15 and its phillip like this.

post #1936 of 1948 Old Today, 11:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1588 Post(s)
Liked: 1318
I will say that the finish on those Pendragon's looks really good.
post #1937 of 1948 Old Today, 12:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 218
I like the finish too. Have a thing for burnt/dark orange. Unless that's red & my monitor is inaccurately conveying the color. Still looks good anyway.

Quote:
I heard the Pendragons at a GTG and they sounded pretty good ...

"pretty good"? You mean they didn't blow away all the other speakers under comparison?? Did they at least blow away the competition with respect to relative price performance value?

post #1938 of 1948 Old Today, 12:51 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post
I will say that the finish on those Pendragon's looks really good.
And with their renown attention to detail, personal accountability, and warranties that are the envy of the industry, you've got a recipe for success.

post #1939 of 1948 Old Today, 12:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Eric Alexander
President
Tekton Design LLC

post #1940 of 1948 Old Today, 01:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1588 Post(s)
Liked: 1318
Quote:
And with their renown attention to detail, personal accountability, and warranties that are the envy of the industry, you've got a recipe for success.
Lets not get too carried away, I said the finish looks nice!...lol
post #1941 of 1948 Old Today, 01:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruelInventions View Post
I like the finish too. Have a thing for burnt/dark orange. Unless that's red & my monitor is inaccurately conveying the color. Still looks good anyway.

"pretty good"? You mean they didn't blow away all the other speakers under comparison?? Did they at least blow away the competition with respect to relative price performance value?
They were my least favorite speaker there but that's not an insult, I just liked the others better. They were sitting next to a pair of JTR Noesis 212's and I'm a sucker for the JTR sound (not so much the triple 8's but all the other large JTR speakers) so it wasn't completely fair. I sat in the sweet spot for awhile with the Pendragons and I liked what I heard. They sounded a little too laid back for me, but some people love that so to each his own as far as that goes. At the time they were 1000 per speaker which IMO is a very fair price. This finish looked great too.
post #1942 of 1948 Old Today, 01:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 116
respectfully, the pendragon is not everything it's cracked up to be. ie; bogus sensitivity specs

there's also a reason why he's an LLC company....

Habit Forming....Wallet Burning Hobby....

64" Samsung F8500 Plasma
55" Samsung B8500 Full Array Lcd
Channel Master Dvr
Onkyo 818
Crown xls-2000
Sony Blu-Ray 790
Svs Ultra Towers/Center, Energy Rc-50 Surround
Svs Pb-13 Ultra Sub
post #1943 of 1948 Unread Today, 05:17 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:

Eric Alexander
President
Tekton Design LLC
If this is really the owner of Tekton posting, then please just stop re-posting the same message over and over about having world-class hi end speakers available for purchase today. You are not doing yourself or your company any favors, and it honestly is just making your company look worse IMO.

If people PAID you for grilles when they ordered (some over a year ago), then they obviously still REQUIRE them. Why you would ask your customers to call or email you if they have not received them is ridiculous. Don't you maintain records of your sales and the orders you fulfill (..or not fulfill as the case may be)? It is on you to meet your obligations to your customers.

ID speaker companies live and die in large part on their "online reputation". I've read countless threads on the internet about many of the ID speaker companies, and I've read enough things to cause me to not even consider Tekton (customers not receiving grilles, blown tweeters, over-inflated frequency response specifications for the quoted sensitivity of the speakers). I was recently in the market for a pair of bookshelf speakers and ended up buying Ascend Sierra-2 speakers. Companies like Ascend, JTR, Salk, Philharmonic Audio, and PSA have stellar reputations overall based on everything I have read, and value and take care of their customers. Many of their customers do repeat business with them based on my observations. I think Tekton could learn a thing of two from other ID speaker companies.
its phillip likes this.
post #1944 of 1948 Unread Today, 05:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by dislocatedday View Post
I think Tekton could learn a thing of two from other ID speaker companies.
+1

Condoms don't guarantee safe sex. A friend was wearing one when he was shot by the woman's husband.
post #1945 of 1948 Unread Today, 05:29 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
quick clarification

Hello again, all-

Because I am listed as a 'newbie' it seems as though there is some suspicion or belief that I am colluding with, employed by or otherwise formally associated with Tekton. To respectfully clarify, I am a Los Angeles-based record company executive and music fan who is simply a very happy Tekton customer.

I am frankly still figuring out how to use this Forum effectively; if private / personal messages are permitted, I would be delighted to speak with anyone about my background and experience with the both the Pendragons and Mr. Alexander.

Thank you.

-Michael
post #1946 of 1948 Unread Today, 06:54 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthowe View Post
Hello again, all-

Because I am listed as a 'newbie' it seems as though there is some suspicion or belief that I am colluding with, employed by or otherwise formally associated with Tekton. To respectfully clarify, I am a Los Angeles-based record company executive and music fan who is simply a very happy Tekton customer.

I am frankly still figuring out how to use this Forum effectively; if private / personal messages are permitted, I would be delighted to speak with anyone about my background and experience with the both the Pendragons and Mr. Alexander.

Thank you.

-Michael
You can speak with anyone you'd like, publicly or privately. It certainly is interesting how you happened to come across this forum but let's leave the speculation to the side.

This is not about how pleased or even ecstatic you are about your purchase. It's not about how wonderful it was dealing with Eric. Everyone gets that. We're all happy when things go well. But all the positive experiences don't negate or erase what happens when things don't go well. Hearing your elation and impression of your speakers doesn't change that people have been repeatedly lied to and not received their grills. It won't change that EA gets more than a bit snippy based on posted emails. It won't change there are people who have warranty claims that are summarily dismissed without a proper investigation.

Faced with this for what seems the umpteenth time, he or someone purporting to be him, comes here and rather than constructively engage the issues, he tells people he's got product ready to ship! WTF!!!!!! If you're the president then act like a man. Don't offer excuses and promises you can't or won't keep. Because right now Michael, the Boston Patriots aren't the only ones with deflated balls.

post #1947 of 1948 Unread Today, 07:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Quoted: 916 Post(s)
Liked: 987
Quote:

Quote:
They were my least favorite speaker there but that's not an insult, I just liked the others better. They were sitting next to a pair of JTR Noesis 212's and I'm a sucker for the JTR sound (not so much the triple 8's but all the other large JTR speakers) so it wasn't completely fair. I sat in the sweet spot for awhile with the Pendragons and I liked what I heard. They sounded a little too laid back for me, but some people love that so to each his own as far as that goes. At the time they were 1000 per speaker which IMO is a very fair price. This finish looked great too.

G2G link:
Kansas City Speaker g2g and barbeque in the park - Saturday October 19, 2013

I like the Pendragons too, and I'd have no problem owning a set based on their performance, but the specs quoted here are very far off the mark, and why bother marketing inaccurate specs? They were not even close to 98dB sensitive, compared to the 212HT compared that day (101dB sensitive) nor the 228HT speakers (also rated 98dB sensitive) compared @thebean 's house.
Comparison here: Post 1330
Tekton Pendragon
I liked the 228HT a bit better than the Pendragons when we compared them back to back in the same room, but only a bit, and I did like the fact the Pendragons were full range. They are a nice speaker - that isn't in question. I haven't checked into this thread in a long time, I'm disappointed to see it's the same old issues. We have the JTR 215HT in Kansas City, and also the Tekton Pendragons in Kansas City. It'd be interesting to compare the two big full range towers if both owners were interested. Personally I like both. I think the JTR 215HT would win the contest, but then they are a bigger, more expensive speaker, with larger and more expensive drivers --- so they'd better.
jbrown15 likes this.

"Without subs it's just background music - with subs it's the main event!"
Archaea's Theatre Room
2011 KC Sub Shootout
2012 KC Blind Sub Shootout
My Subwoofer Recommendations by Pricepoint

Last edited by Archaea; Today at 07:28 PM.
post #1948 of 1948 Unread Today, 07:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Quoted: 916 Post(s)
Liked: 987
Quote:

Eric Alexander
President
Tekton Design LLC

Quote:
And this is why, Eric Alexander is the most interesting man in the world.

"Without subs it's just background music - with subs it's the main event!"
Archaea's Theatre Room
2011 KC Sub Shootout
2012 KC Blind Sub Shootout
My Subwoofer Recommendations by Pricepoint
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Polk Audio Lsi7 Bookshelf Speakers Pair Ebony , Velodyne Sms 1 In Room Bass Correction Kit With Included Microphone , Sony Playstation 3 60 Gb

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page