Tekton Pendragon - Page 69 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews > Audio > Speakers > Tekton Pendragon

Speakers

jbrown15's Avatar jbrown15
01:45 PM Liked: 1395
post #2041 of 2059
02-15-2015 | Posts: 7,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vodhanel View Post
At the end of the day though, each OEM needs to make their own decisions on what to put on the website. Folks here need to realize that the large majority of customers aren't really "hard core" guys. I bet I get 2-3 chats every day looking at our FR graph and asking why the product cannot play louder than 90dB..

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
I couldn't imagine owning a speaker that could play louder then 90dB.....LOL, if a speaker can at least play reference I can't see a point in owning it.
Mark Seaton's Avatar Mark Seaton
11:22 AM Liked: 359
post #2042 of 2059
02-16-2015 | Posts: 6,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post
I couldn't imagine owning a speaker that could play louder then 90dB, if a speaker can at least play reference I can't see a point in owning it.
[FACEPALM]

Thank you for confirming how minor misunderstandings can create online nightmares that will take way too many posts and too much time to rectify!

I'm hopeful some intended indicator of sarcasm was omitted in the above statement. If not, please re-read Tom's post.
jbrown15's Avatar jbrown15
02:38 PM Liked: 1395
post #2043 of 2059
02-16-2015 | Posts: 7,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Seaton View Post
[FACEPALM]

Thank you for confirming how minor misunderstandings can create online nightmares that will take way too many posts and too much time to rectify!

I'm hopeful some intended indicator of sarcasm was omitted in the above statement. If not, please re-read Tom's post.

Yes I was trying to be somewhat sarcastic, I edited my post to include an "LOL".... maybe that well help to convey my sarcasm.
I realize want he meant by his comment, I would hope most looking at the graphs he mentioned wouldn't assume those are max SPL measurements and just FR graphs.
audiosavant's Avatar audiosavant
07:35 PM Liked: 21
post #2044 of 2059
02-16-2015 | Posts: 48
Looks like Stereophile is going to be reviewing the Tekton Enzo XL soon.

The speaker was mentioned in the February 2015 issue in a pretty glowing review of the Cambridge Azur 851A integrated. In the review, Herb Reichert writes about the pairing of the Cambridge and the Enzo: "Driving the un-broken-in Enzos (review to come), the 851A presented music with deep, deep, well-defined, tuneful bass, elegantly stated detail, and startling dynamics. What a giant-killer match!"

Really looking forward to the review!

I'm still loving the hell out of my Pendragons. Still can't believe how impressive they are for the money. They are now my reference for checking mixes and mastering on projects.

Although his work speaks for itself, I'm certainly glad that Eric has responded to this thread.

I would like to get another pair of Tektons. Maybe the Lores in Bubinga....
rbassocs
07:05 AM Liked: 0
post #2045 of 2059
Today | Posts: 3
After reading more positive than negatives about Tekton Speakers on the Internet, I called Eric Alexander on December 29th and ordered a set of Seas Pendragons with Walnut Veneer, Grills, and BI-Wireable binding posts. Eric said he would ship in 5 to 8 weeks. I received the Seas on February 11th. WOW! The packaging on these speakers was the best I have ever seen. No way these speakers would be damaged in shipment..The Walnut Veneer is absolutely gorgeous. For the past several days i have spent hours listening to these magnificent speakers. The sound stage and imaging is by far the best I have ever heard. Diana Krall, Norah Jones, and Barbara Streisand sound like they are right in the room with me. Larry Carlton, Dave Grusin and Bob James etc. have never sounded this good. I know these Speakers would be Hand Made and it would take extra time to build with the custom Veneer. Well worth the wait. These speakers were perfect for my Sunfire Cinema Grand Amplifier and Sunfire True Subwoofers. The speakers are rated at 4 ohm and my Cinema Grand Amplifiers output is rated at 400 watts per channel with 4 ohm speakers. I have not tried these speakers with different amplification. I highly recommend these speaker to any one with Sunfire Amplifiers. The Black speaker bases were a real plus. Played with the following equipment.

Denon AVR-3808CI Pre Out Directv Geni DVR
Sunfire Cinema Grand 5 x 200 watts per channel Sony BDP 5500 Blue Ray Player
Two Sunfire True Subwoofers rated at 2700 Watts Per Channel Panamax M5400PM Voltage Regulator
Pardigm CC-390 Center 7 Driver 3 Way Pamamax MAX 1000 Voltage Regulator
Paradigm ADP-390 Surrounds
Apple TV 3rd Generation
Chu Gai's Avatar Chu Gai
07:16 AM Liked: 715
post #2046 of 2059
Today | Posts: 15,215
You simply must post some pictures of your setup.
RickJames's Avatar RickJames
07:21 AM Liked: 39
post #2047 of 2059
Today | Posts: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chu Gai View Post
You simply must post some pictures of your setup.
+1. Beware of glowing reviews from one-post wonders.
rbassocs
07:31 AM Liked: 0
post #2048 of 2059
You sound like a self imposed expert.
Chu Gai's Avatar Chu Gai
08:18 AM Liked: 715
post #2049 of 2059
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbassocs View Post
You sound like a self imposed expert.
I believe you need five posts before you can post pics. If that's a problem, you can email them to me at mushupork1@yahoo.com and I'll post them for you. One hit wonders invariably raise suspicions but posting pics would go a long way to establishing a measure of credibility.

On another note, what are your thoughts on various members here who've posted about not having received grills for many months?
7channelfreak's Avatar 7channelfreak
09:00 AM Liked: 125
post #2050 of 2059
Today | Posts: 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickJames View Post
+1. Beware of glowing reviews from one-post wonders.
I just don't beleive how many first posts there are on this thread talking about how great this company is. It just feels so fake. After reading all the bad experiences and the way the owner has acted on this thread, I would tell everyone to run as fast as you can away from this company. There just are too many good companies out there that will take care of their customers.
rbassocs
09:09 AM Liked: 0
post #2051 of 2059
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7channelfreak View Post
I just don't beleive how many first posts there are on this thread talking about how great this company is. It just feels so fake. After reading all the bad experiences and the way the owner has acted on this thread, I would tell everyone to run as fast as you can away from this company. There just are too many good companies out there that will take care of their customers.
Do you have any experience with Tekton Speakers? If not, how are you justified to being so critical. Why don't you buy a set and listen and then be justified to say what you think. I think Eric is now shipping the back ordered grills.
09:15 AM Liked: 125
post #2052 of 2059
Quote:
Do you have any experience with Tekton Speakers? If not, how are you justified to being so critical. Why don't you buy a set and listen and then be justified to say what you think. I think Eric is now shipping the back ordered grills.
I would never spend a penny with that guy. He's a crook as far as I'm concerned. Until I see everyone that has been shorted and had tweeters replaced come on this thread and say they've bern made whole...I would NEVER buy a thing from them.
Chu Gai's Avatar Chu Gai
09:22 AM Liked: 715
post #2053 of 2059
Quote:
If he is then one would expect people to have written they were proactively contacted. Further seeing how he's said they were in stock, some must have received them.

Now about those pics...
Gooddoc's Avatar Gooddoc
10:01 AM Liked: 502
post #2054 of 2059
Today | Posts: 4,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chu Gai View Post
If he is then one would expect people to have written they were proactively contacted. Further seeing how he's said they were in stock, some must have received them.

Now about those pics...
I can't confirm nor deny the veracity of this pic...

10:17 AM Liked: 125
post #2055 of 2059
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooddoc View Post
I can't confirm nor deny the veracity of this pic...
Best belly laugh in a long time!
carp's Avatar carp
11:14 AM Liked: 728
post #2056 of 2059
Today | Posts: 6,195
I would say that the mods should look into it and see if all of these first time posters are coming from the same IP address (can they do that anyway?) but I kind of like the weirdness of this thread.

All the first time posters have the same writing style, haha.
Chu Gai's Avatar Chu Gai
11:24 AM Liked: 715
post #2057 of 2059
Yes, the IP can be checked.

Nice Dynex cables!
Gooddoc's Avatar Gooddoc
01:23 PM Liked: 502
post #2058 of 2059
Today | Posts: 4,534
Hehe, so apropros, no?

This thread has went from exciting, to disappointing, to bizarre, and now to weird.

At this point I'm not really interested in the thread but it's like not being able to take your eyes off a slow motion train wreck.
neekos's Avatar neekos
01:48 PM Liked: 40
post #2059 of 2059
Today | Posts: 1,185
Not true. It's been going back and forth from bizarre to weird for quite some time.

Tags: Polk Audio Lsi7 Bookshelf Speakers Pair Ebony , Velodyne Sms 1 In Room Bass Correction Kit With Included Microphone , Sony Playstation 3 60 Gb

Reply Speakers

Subscribe to this Thread