Tekton Pendragon - Page 72 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 111Likes
post #2131 of 2144 Old 12-01-2015, 03:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Can anyone here who returned their Tektons for refund tell me how long it took to get your money? I sent my M-Lores back last week and they arrived at Tekton yesterday. I emailed Eric to confirm their arrival and asked him to credit my PayPal account. He replied "We'll have to unpack them and inspect them and upon inspection we'll get the money back to you."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2132 of 2144 Old 12-01-2015, 03:34 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Seems like standard practice. Curious... What didn't you like about them? I haven't heard them yet, but they are on my audition list.

B&W 804 and HTM | Emotiva ERD-1 | HSU VTF-15H
Emotiva XMC-1 | XPA-2 | XPA-5
Samsung 58" Plasma | BenQ HT1075 100" Screen
Amazon Fire TV with XMBC | Oppo BDP-103 Bluray Player
Mogami and Blue Jeans Cables
ATS and DIY Acoustic Panels
post #2133 of 2144 Old 12-01-2015, 03:54 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by luisev View Post
Curious... What didn't you like about them?
I liked them quite a bit, but found that I needed to listen at rather high volume levels to get a good balance. My wife and son objected, so I had to return them.
post #2134 of 2144 Old 01-21-2016, 07:02 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Check out the new speakers at Tekton Design. The 1812--10k a pair.
post #2135 of 2144 Old 01-28-2016, 03:54 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Tweeter issues

Anyone here have issues with the tweeters used in the Lore line of speakers? I read in some previous posts they are delicate and in some instances fail fairly easily. Anyone else experienced this?

Also curious on the customer service/warranty on these. I have had a few calls to Eric and he almost seems annoyed when questions are raised in regards to the speakers. Buyers regret creeping in....
post #2136 of 2144 Old 01-28-2016, 03:57 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 254 Post(s)
Liked: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbr100 View Post
Anyone here have issues with the tweeters used in the Lore line of speakers? I read in some previous posts they are delicate and in some instances fail fairly easily. Anyone else experienced this?

Also curious on the customer service/warranty on these. I have had a few calls to Eric and he almost seems annoyed when questions are raised in regards to the speakers. Buyers regret creeping in....
Yeah...I've heard lots of people wishing they'd bought another brand a lot. This thread is full of issues.
post #2137 of 2144 Old 01-28-2016, 06:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 2464 Post(s)
Liked: 1918
Quote:

I've followed this entire thread and I have always though that the tweeters can be fairly delicate, which is one of the reasons I stayed away seeing that my primary use is HT. Sometimes it's fun to really crank your system and the last thing I want to worry about is blowing a tweeter and then not have it covered under warranty.

What kind of listening levels would you usually have your speakers at?
post #2138 of 2144 Old 01-29-2016, 06:17 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 25
If I remember correctly there was only 1 person that had a problem with a blown tweeter after playing at ridiculous high levels. I have an ATI amp that puts out 300 watts per channel. I mainly watch movies using Pendragons. I don't crank the volume to reference levels, but I still play fairly loud. I've never had a problem. The big problem was people paying for grilles and never receiving them. I believe that problem is now fixed. Seems that Eric might be on the right track now.
post #2139 of 2144 Old 01-29-2016, 08:36 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Lore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post
I've followed this entire thread and I have always though that the tweeters can be fairly delicate, which is one of the reasons I stayed away seeing that my primary use is HT. Sometimes it's fun to really crank your system and the last thing I want to worry about is blowing a tweeter and then not have it covered under warranty.

What kind of listening levels would you usually have your speakers at?

Not over the top loud but loud and I'm gonna break out my SPL this weekend and see exactly how loud it is. Setup is an MRX300 fed to an Outlaw-5000 (125 WPC). Volume at -10 which is pretty much reference levels if I had to guess.
I agree with being worried when turning up the volume. I have also noticed the woofer doesn't like to much bass. I'm running good clean power within the speaker rated specs.
I have them set at 60Hz and would think that's a good setting but can change it to 80Hz. Overall just not that impressed. Based on the reviews I've read online I was under the impression these loved to be driven hard. What am I missing???
post #2140 of 2144 Old 01-29-2016, 09:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensmith48 View Post
If I remember correctly there was only 1 person that had a problem with a blown tweeter after playing at ridiculous high levels. I have an ATI amp that puts out 300 watts per channel. I mainly watch movies using Pendragons. I don't crank the volume to reference levels, but I still play fairly loud. I've never had a problem. The big problem was people paying for grilles and never receiving them. I believe that problem is now fixed. Seems that Eric might be on the right track now.

There should be zero reason why a speaker can't play reference level output, would you feel comfortable using your Pendragons at reference levels without damaging a tweeter?

I'm pretty sure there has been more than one person that had a blown tweeter, from what I recall there was at least 2-3 customers. I know of one incident that got a little ugly between the customer and Erik about it not being covered.
post #2141 of 2144 Old 01-29-2016, 09:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Not over the top loud but loud and I'm gonna break out my SPL this weekend and see exactly how loud it is. Setup is an MRX300 fed to an Outlaw-5000 (125 WPC). Volume at -10 which is pretty much reference levels if I had to guess.
I agree with being worried when turning up the volume. I have also noticed the woofer doesn't like to much bass. I'm running good clean power within the speaker rated specs.
I have them set at 60Hz and would think that's a good setting but can change it to 80Hz. Overall just not that impressed. Based on the reviews I've read online I was under the impression these loved to be driven hard. What am I missing???
The reviews that I have read were on the Pendragons having great bass output, not sure about the Lore line.

The new line arrays look pretty cool, but man are those a lot of cash for what they are.
post #2142 of 2144 Old 01-30-2016, 08:16 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I've had the Pens for two years now. When I ordered them they came without grills. Well, I still haven't ordered them and never will. I like them without the grills just fine.

I have a very simple 3/0 setup in my living room. It's a 14 x14 room with your normal furniture. The Pens sit surrounding a 70" tv. My speakers are hooked to a Sony STR-DN840 AVR.

The speakers sound great for my non- audiophile ears, but I keep asking myself, " can it be better". I'd like to upgrade my AVR on a 500.00 dollar budget. What are my options? Please don't get to technical.

Thanks

Inspectr.
post #2143 of 2144 Old 01-30-2016, 08:17 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Need some help!

I've had the Pens for two years now. When I ordered them they came without grills. Well, I still haven't ordered them and never will. I like them without the grills just fine.

I have a very simple 3/0 setup in my living room. It's a 14 x14 room with your normal furniture. The Pens sit surrounding a 70" tv. My speakers are hooked to a Sony STR-DN840 AVR.

The speakers sound great for my non- audiophile ears, but I keep asking myself, " can it be better". I'd like to upgrade my AVR on a 500.00 dollar budget. What are my options? Please don't get to technical.

Thanks

Inspectr.
post #2144 of 2144 Unread Today, 07:40 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspectr View Post

Thanks

Inspectr.

Save your money and buy a Yamaha RX-A3050. It will be somewhat future proof and should provide ample power for your 3.0.0 set up. You can pick up a Yamaha for aroiund $1500.00. The Pendragons sound much better with at least 150 watt amplifier. They are power hungry full range speakers. I should know I have them also. But I have them being fed by the new separates by Yamaha, the CX-A5100 Prepro and the MX-A5000 power amp. Really brought those Pendragons to life. I also did a capacitor upgrade on the Pendragons. Installed the Mundorf 8 microfarad silver supreme caps. Increased the high end clarity. The stock cap does not cut it. Not enough highs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Polk Audio Lsi7 Bookshelf Speakers Pair Ebony , Velodyne Sms 1 In Room Bass Correction Kit With Included Microphone , Sony Playstation 3 60 Gb

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page