Tekton Pendragon - Page 74 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 133Likes

Old 05-09-2016, 07:52 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Grills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axememan View Post
I have now added 2 Emotiva XPA-100 Monoblocks and a Panamax M5300-PM 11 outlet Power Conditioner into the mix.I decided that I would mess with the Crown XLS1500 at a later date due to the Emotiva's being new and me needing to make sure they worked correctly while under warranty.I could not be happier!The Onkyo TX-NR838 gets super loud already but,I have picked up a noticeable Bass "clarity/impact".These Dragons have a Slambango Grizzliciousness to them now that they did not have before.I am sure the Crown would have provided the oomph there to but the whole range of music,in 2 channel,just seems to sing.I had one of my only 2 stereo buddies listen to make sure it wasn't a Placebo[he is quite familiar with my setup and bought my Klipsch RF82II's] .I have the Onkyo set up old school on the volume so it reads 0-95.well I will say that 83 is as loud as I have pushed them.The Dragons and Emotiva's just kept delivering!Movies are even more awesome if that's even possible.I sit back listening or watching Tv and the thought occurs to me now and then and that is..."Damn,it's good to be me!".The Pendragons would be Merlin Approved,that would be ............2 Wands Up
I received my grills awhile back and that is how I listen..Grills On..I have pretty energetic Grandsons so there has been Hot Wheels,various WWE characters and Ninja Swords flying thru the air at one time or another.Grills are a Must have around here!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2016, 11:10 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
test
Old 06-03-2016, 10:07 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Should have my 5.1 Pendragon theater delivered very soon!
It has been quite the process & waiting time as Eric has stated more personal things have hindered his delivery / wait times.
As soon as I get them & unboxed I will write further on my full experience, as this is my 3rd purchase with Tekton.

Adding thought from previous posts on choosing amplification, I have chosen the Outlaw Model 5000.
Again Ill report more on that when speakers are here.

Stay Tuned....

Last edited by ballardstar; 06-03-2016 at 10:11 AM.
Old 06-15-2016, 06:11 PM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 37
I see there is a new design at Tekton. The Tekton Impact. Interesting design.

Old 06-16-2016, 10:48 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Reposted from my dedicated thread:

So I was thinking of going with this configuration:

2 x Tekton Design Pendragons
1 x Crown XLS 1002
1 x Denon X2200w

Would this configuration work well? Any opinions or potential problems that one can foresee? Are these products all compatible with one another?

Mr. Mysterious
Old 06-16-2016, 07:43 PM

Arrival

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballardstar View Post
Should have my 5.1 Pendragon theater delivered very soon!
It has been quite the process & waiting time as Eric has stated more personal things have hindered his delivery / wait times.
As soon as I get them & unboxed I will write further on my full experience, as this is my 3rd purchase with Tekton.

Adding thought from previous posts on choosing amplification, I have chosen the Outlaw Model 5000.
Again Ill report more on that when speakers are here.

Stay Tuned....
Well they have arrived, so excited to say that I have around 3 hours of listening on them & wow... POWER.

These things can play very loud & very clean, I will get photos & further full details soon.
I have some work to do on my room acoustics!
Old 06-18-2016, 04:32 AM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Mysterious View Post
Reposted from my dedicated thread:

So I was thinking of going with this configuration:

2 x Tekton Design Pendragons
1 x Crown XLS 1002
1 x Denon X2200w

Would this configuration work well? Any opinions or potential problems that one can foresee? Are these products all compatible with one another?

Mr. Mysterious
The Denon would be fine driving the Pendragons directly, they have quite a high efficiency.

Bit if you wanted to use the Crown as a power amp, then electrically it should all work fine. However with the DSP in the XLS, your going through an A/D and D/A conversion which can only degrade the sound. Also, the Class D switching power amp topology is essentially a further A/D and D/A conversion. Unless you really need the DSP capability, which you have in the Denon anyway, I'd go with the Crown XLi series which uses Class A/B power amp topology. Crown XLS series are usually reserved for Subwoofer duty in home use.

Mainfloor 2.1 Music/TV System: Tekton Pendragons and Zu Omen Defs, Ibeam sonic transducer, Emotiva XSP-1, Anthem MCA-20, Pioneer BDP-05FD, Panasonic 60VT65 Plasma TV, Linn LP12
Basement 5.2 Theater: Fusion-12 Tempest for LCR, 2x 88-Specials (with modified crossover) for surrounds, stereo Stonehenge subs with 460HO drivers, Emotiva XMC-1, Anthem MCA 50, Crown XLi2500 for subs, Behringer DEQ2496, Epson 1080UB.
Old 08-15-2016, 03:20 PM

Liked: 14
Anyone notice this yet? Or know what it means? It looks like Eric is adding whatever this is to new speakers and upgrading current models.. I'd like to know if I could upgrade my current Seas Pendragons with whatever he's talking about.

"Our revolutionary U.S. patent #9247339 (issued January 26th, 2016) allows us to literally align the moving mass of speaker cones to the harmonic spectra of the musical instruments being played. This means that, in theory, we’ve now made every other high fidelity loudspeaker on earth obsolete in one fell swoop! Again, I believe I can make a strong case for claiming that every other high fidelity loudspeaker is now obsolete or (for models that do try to mitigate moving mass) at least subtly obsolete. I’m quite confident in stating that we’re now producing the most accurate and best sounding loudspeakers ever built – period!"

http://www.tektondesign.com/company.html
Old 08-15-2016, 05:44 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Is he referring to the 1812? I read that too. Wish he had more info on the web site
Old 08-19-2016, 09:32 PM

Liked: 14
Looks like Tekton is offering this patent on a most of the models and not just the 1812's.

Pendragon
Seas Pendragon
Brilliance (new)
Enzo
Enzo XL
Impact (new)
Lore (talks about "new" crossover)
Old Today, 03:37 PM

Liked: 4
The abstract to the patent is "Improved speakers are better able to accurately reproduce sound through the use of low-mass transducers."

I can't link to the patent but it is pretty easy to find on google or the us patent and trademark office site.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
Polk Audio Lsi7 Bookshelf Speakers Pair Ebony , Velodyne Sms 1 In Room Bass Correction Kit With Included Microphone , Sony Playstation 3 60 Gb