Originally Posted by Gorilla83
Guys - Ben and I have been PM'ing back and forth discussing the setup and clip details.
A few questions for you all:
1) I don't mind at all taking the measurements. We can use Friday night to figure out what setup and measurements we want to capture. If there is time, I would also like to compare my mic / meters to your Omnimic and any other mic's people bring along.
2) I agree with Jim on this one. Unless we are going to use two setups, upstairs and downstairs, I think we should keep things as simple as possible for Saturday and not have to worry about switching between the DAC and Denon. Maybe we could do a comparison Friday night.
3) I don't see a good reason to change from 45 second clips for the music. Movie clips may need to be a bit longer.
4) I would also like to have the video. I'm guessing there won't be as many video clips as music this time since we are focusing on speakers. I should be able to work on the video clips. If people send me what blu ray clips they want now, I can start getting them from netflix and cutting them up.
5) We could use Audyssey for the distance and level settings, but I'm still not sure if we want to enable MultEQ during the listening. Might be a good idea to see the differences with one or two pairs friday night.
6) Dont' forget there is always a possibility some speakers may not make it. We could use Friday night to finalize the setup and do 1 or 2 run throughs to see how long it will take for each speaker pair. Once we have a final count and see how long each session takes, we can figure out if we won't have enough time Saturday for all the auditions. Just in case, for anyone that will not be there Friday night, post what speakers would be your top choices to audition on Saturday so we can start to get an idea of the order.