NE Spring Speaker Shootout GTG - Date Poll and Discussion - Page 19 - AVS Forum
View Poll Results: Which date works best for you?
Saturday, April 6th 5 35.71%
Saturday, April 13th 8 57.14%
Saturday, March 30th 1 7.14%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

post #541 of 935 Old 04-03-2013, 08:47 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 231 Post(s)
Liked: 398
We are going to do some damage with that clip. smile.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 935 Old 04-03-2013, 08:52 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quick experiment:

See if you can hear the difference between these two clips:

http://sdrv.ms/11k15U9

VS

http://sdrv.ms/11k1dD8

Which one is better, sound quality, volume, anything....

Sample 1 or Sample 2

Depending on the response I would love to do a demo of this type of thing at the event.....
post #543 of 935 Old 04-03-2013, 09:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 199 Post(s)
Liked: 305
this annoys me BTW so im gonna go dig out the CD from storage and fix the issue (hopefully)
post #544 of 935 Old 04-03-2013, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sibuna View Post

this annoys me BTW so im gonna go dig out the CD from storage and fix the issue (hopefully)

If the copy you have was ripped correctly, then it is probably on the recording (the disk). And I can just run with the solution I came up with....
post #545 of 935 Old 04-03-2013, 10:59 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 218
Hey if I flew in on Friday would anyone be willing and able to pick me up from the airport? Also is anyone staying at a nearby hotel fri/sat and sat/sun that would not mind a passenger? I am just trying to see if I could make it out there without needing to rent a car to travel to/from airport, Andrew's place and hotel.

Any help would be much appreciated and I would be willing to give compensation for the trouble.
Thanks, Matt
post #546 of 935 Old 04-03-2013, 12:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rush2049 View Post

If the copy you have was ripped correctly, then it is probably on the recording (the disk). And I can just run with the solution I came up with....

theres a chance itt was not, its was a while ago when it was ripped also ive had more than 1 HDD corruption since then so who knows. ill just re-rip it and find out

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtg90 View Post

Hey if I flew in on Friday would anyone be willing and able to pick me up from the airport? Also is anyone staying at a nearby hotel fri/sat and sat/sun that would not mind a passenger? I am just trying to see if I could make it out there without needing to rent a car to travel to/from airport, Andrew's place and hotel.

Any help would be much appreciated and I would be willing to give compensation for the trouble.
Thanks, Matt

When would you get in? i could possibily do it depending on the time. however id recomend not flying in around 5. because getting into and out of philly at that time of day on a friday is not fun, however it might be easier for someone coming down from NJ to do it on their way through

this is the Hotel that is a few miles from Andrews. Its where i stayed last time.
http://hamptoninn3.hilton.com/en/hotels/pennsylvania/hampton-inn-and-suites-chadds-ford-CFORDHX/index.html
post #547 of 935 Old 04-03-2013, 01:12 PM

Good News! I can officially attend..... but I immediately leave on a business trip after the event.....

Consider this my confirmation.

Progress on the clip editing is going along. I have about half imported and setup for playback. Depending on how much I get done tonight there might be something for you all to listen to.
post #548 of 935 Old 04-03-2013, 01:33 PM
Advanced Member

Thanks Adam, Jake stepped up said he could grab me from the airport on Friday. smile.gif

If you or someone else is going to be leaving really early Sunday (around 5am, I have a 7:20am flight) and could drop me off at the airport that would be great, otherwise it is not a big deal and I'll just get a cab.

I am looking forward to meeting everyone, not to mention the chance listen to some great speakers.
post #549 of 935 Old 04-03-2013, 01:38 PM
Say No to Auto EQ

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 693 Post(s)
Liked: 882
Quote:

Thanks, Matt

Quote:

Thanks Adam, Jake stepped up said he could grab me from the airport on Friday. smile.gif

If you or someone else is going to be leaving really early Sunday (around 5am, I have a 7:20am flight) and could drop me off at the airport that would be great, otherwise it is not a big deal and I'll just get a cab.

I am looking forward to meeting everyone, not to mention the chance listen to some great speakers.

Ah the plot thickens. I was contemplating flying and renting a car, and I would get getting into PHilly around 11am friday if I did, and then leaving on a 6:20am flight sunday. I am also going to stay at the hampton inn that sibuna linked (I think) so either way, I should have a car that you can hitch rides in man!

(European models do not accept banana plugs.)

"If you done it, it ain't bragging." ~ Walt Whitman

AE TD12x SEOS12 Build

Beast's DIY Master Measurement Thread

DIY Emminence Coaxial Surround Thread

post #550 of 935 Old 04-03-2013, 01:50 PM
Advanced Member

Thanks volunteering Brandon, my flight should arrive around 6:50pm on Friday which unfortunately does not line up too well with yours. But it looks like I should be able to get where I need to one way or another. cool.gif
Is this the hotel you had in mind, (linked on first post by Andrew): Hampton Inn Concordville
post #551 of 935 Old 04-03-2013, 03:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks volunteering Brandon, my flight should arrive around 6:50pm on Friday which unfortunately does not line up too well with yours. But it looks like I should be able to get where I need to one way or another. cool.gif
Is this the hotel you had in mind, (linked on first post by Andrew): Hampton Inn Concordville

thats the same hotel i linked
post #552 of 935 Old 04-03-2013, 03:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 215 Post(s)
Liked: 397
Quote:

Good News! I can officially attend..... but I immediately leave on a business trip after the event.....

Bullsh#t on that - no PM, no confirmation. OK, I'll let you slide this time. tongue.gif

Speaking of which, I haven't heard from the following people yet:

Imagic, Mark
Chopshop, Jake
avsnoob10, Atrey
RX-8, Bill
mhrischuk, Mike
wkingincharge, Wayne
SeaNile, John
Gooddoc, real name?
Popalock, Austin
ironhead1230, Mike
wfmiller, Wayne
Kadath, real name?

Some of you I can take a guess about whether or not you're attending, but that still doesn't let you off the hook; I need a definitive ye or nay. Can you guess why Andrew left me in charge of security? biggrin.gif

If you take yourself too seriously expect me to do the exact opposite
post #553 of 935 Old 04-03-2013, 04:09 PM
Say No to Auto EQ

Quote:

Yep, that's the one! Would love to find a corporate rate on it but I haven't looked into that yet.

Jim, I can confirm for PopaLock as my other option than flying is meeting up with him and cruising that way which we have already discussed biggrin.gif

AE TD12x SEOS12 Build

post #554 of 935 Old 04-03-2013, 04:58 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Nice, Ben!
Quote:

Awesome, Matt. Glad it's all lining up.

BTW everyone - Matt is a designer for DIYSoundgroup and will be attending as a special vendor. He's a wealth of knowledge and a asset to the event - we can all learn from him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWilson View Post

Bullsh#t on that - no PM, no confirmation. OK, I'll let you slide this time. tongue.gif

Speaking of which, I haven't heard from the following people yet:

Imagic, Mark
Chopshop, Jake
avsnoob10, Atrey
RX-8, Bill
mhrischuk, Mike
wkingincharge, Wayne
SeaNile, John
Gooddoc, real name?
Popalock, Austin
ironhead1230, Mike
wfmiller, Wayne
Kadath, real name?

Some of you I can take a guess about whether or not you're attending, but that still doesn't let you off the hook; I need a definitive ye or nay. Can you guess why Andrew left me in charge of security? biggrin.gif

Jim - I can confirm for Jake (chopshop), and Seanile. I spoke to both of them this week. I imagine Bill (RX-8) and ironhead (Mike) are a lock too.
post #555 of 935 Old 04-03-2013, 04:59 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastaudio View Post

Yep, that's the one! Would love to find a corporate rate on it but I haven't looked into that yet.

Jim, I can confirm for PopaLock as my other option than flying is meeting up with him and cruising that way which we have already discussed biggrin.gif

You guys should drive up. It would be a blast I'm sure plus you can bring some gear along that way as well as some local brew. biggrin.gif

BTW everyone I (or Jim) will send out some final logistic info this weekend once Jim gets the rest of the confirmations.
post #556 of 935 Old 04-03-2013, 05:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastaudio View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla83 View Post

Jim - I can confirm for Jake (chopshop), and Seanile. I spoke to both of them this week. I imagine Bill (RX-8) and ironhead (Mike) are a lock too.

So now we're doing confirmation by proxy? I'm gonna have to lay down the law on the 13th!

I added chopshop and seanile, but I'll hold off on rx-8 and ironmike until I hear from them.

post #557 of 935 Old 04-03-2013, 05:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 426 Post(s)
Liked: 754
Send a message via Skype™ to popalock
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWilson View Post

So now we're doing confirmation by proxy? I'm gonna have to lay down the law on the 13th!

I added chopshop and seanile, but I'll hold off on rx-8 and ironmike until I hear from them.

I'll just have my people get in touch with your people...Haha

Confirmed!
post #558 of 935 Old 04-03-2013, 06:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by popalock View Post

I'll just have my people get in touch with your people...Haha

Confirmed!

I'll let you get away with it this time, so long as you bring your 'front 9' with you.

post #559 of 935 Old 04-03-2013, 06:09 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 73
I will attend for sure. Anyone willing to help me load up my 200lb Legacy Focus SE's would be great. I think I need to bring them Fri Night.
I only live a few miles from the party

Mike

See My System Here

"Wolves don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep."
post #560 of 935 Old 04-03-2013, 06:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhrischuk View Post

I will attend for sure. Anyone willing to help me load up my 200lb Legacy Focus SE's would be great. I think I need to bring them Fri Night.

I only live a few miles from the party

Mike;

You're confirmed. Maybe Andrew can help you load them. After all, they don't call him 'gorilla' for no reason... biggrin.gif

post #561 of 935 Old 04-03-2013, 06:40 PM

had to comment on this.... personal pet peeve of mine:

Loudness wars, yuck..... I might have to do a bit of loudness compensation.... it is like ear splitting difference in volume.
post #562 of 935 Old 04-03-2013, 07:51 PM
AVS Special Member

yea i noticed it when i was looking for stuff to submit as well, it can be insane at times
post #563 of 935 Old 04-03-2013, 09:30 PM

I have the music mix mostly finished. Only 2 more tracks I have to cut and add in the middle....

We currently sit at 33 minutes and 30 seconds of material.
So that means for those that submitted more material than others, and you few know who you are, will have their bottom couple selections removed to fit our time limit.

It sounds good over here and I will try my best to get out some copies in forms ya'll can listen to soon.

I wanted to take a little bit of time to comment on what the screen setup will look like.
See this photo:

Across the top will be a clock, showing how far in the clips we currently are. (The picture says we are at 13 minutes and 17 seconds)

Along the left are two decibel meters. The left one is how loud the signal going to the receiver is. (For most material this peaks at just below 0dB)
The right meter is an input from the microphone I will be bringing. I will calibrate it to be accurate of what is being played. Example: If we have the receiver at -15 dB the mic meter should show about -15 dB lower.

Across the middle is our playlist. The song track titles and waveforms will be scrolling by. The current position is shown by the little orange triangle.

On the bottom Are two spectrographs. The one on the left shows a typical piano scale with the upper frequencies compressed (20Hz - 3kHz). The one on the right is weighted towards the upper frequencies (1kHz - 40kHz). These scroll to the right. The current play position, or real-time is on the very right edge of each.

I will give a run down in person at the event, this is just to get you excited if you weren't already. Those of you who were at the subwoofer meetup, this is most likely familiar to you.
post #564 of 935 Old 04-04-2013, 04:03 AM
AVS Special Member

nice. when you get it done send me a listing of the order, as i submitted the most stuff id like to see where it all lines up and what to cut out.

also ill have a new rip of the Poems tomorrow
post #565 of 935 Old 04-04-2013, 07:33 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Oh I am 100% confirmed sorry Jim/Andrew! My real name is in my sig.

Buncha savages in this town....

Sam Posten
post #566 of 935 Old 04-04-2013, 10:09 AM
Say No to Auto EQ

I have no idea what any of that stuff is minus the waveform like soundcloud. Haha

AE TD12x SEOS12 Build

post #567 of 935 Old 04-04-2013, 10:29 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Alright, everyone who is on the list should have received a PM from me with details on getting to my place next weekend.

Some of us will be starting early Friday afternoon - let's say around 2-3 to start messing around. Please let me know if you will be around for dinner on Friday (lets say 7pm). I'd love to get us a place at a local spot for us to hang out and have some food/drinks.

Let's plan to start setting up at 8:30 Saturday morning and be ready to roll by 9. Sound good?

The countdown is on!! biggrin.gif
post #568 of 935 Old 04-04-2013, 10:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Apologies if I missed it, but is there a track list anywhere?

I would love to check out what you guys are including to expand my music horizon... biggrin.gif
post #569 of 935 Old 04-04-2013, 12:28 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMFamily View Post

Apologies if I missed it, but is there a track list anywhere?

I would love to check out what you guys are including to expand my music horizon... biggrin.gif

Give it a day or two and I'm sure Rush (Ben) will post a list of the final clip list.

All - We OK to start at 9AM on Saturday? We've got a long day ahead!

Here is the proposed schedule for next weekend:

Friday:
Start experimenting/informal listening around 3PM for those that are around. Determine listening positions and speaker placement areas.
Drink beer.
Dinner around 7PM
After dinner: Run through clip list and finalize content and decide on Audyssey / no Audyssey.
Test run with omnimic and measuring locations.
Drink beer.
Store speakers as needed from those dropping them off.
Wrap up around 10-11PM to get some rest for Saturday

Saturday:
Start setup with core group around 8-8:30AM. Formal auditions start at 9AM sharp. We are going to need all the time we can get. Snacks in the morning, lunch at 12:30. Dinner at 6:30 or so. Wrap up when we are done. biggrin.gif Beer and food present throughout the day.

Jim and others - feel free to chime in with schedule suggestions.
post #570 of 935 Old 04-04-2013, 12:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Is there an order to the speakers? Did we decide if it will be full range first, then speakers with subs or vice a versa? Or will it be one and then one. Based on the front page, it says that there are 4 sets of full range and maybe 8-9 sets of speakers with subs. Is that still accurate? If someone can post, or re-post a possible order of listening, that would be great smile.gif.

It ain't easy being green.
My System
Reply Speakers

Tags
Speaker Systems

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page