Suggestion on ProCinema 600 or Bose Acoustimass 10 IV - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-21-2012, 10:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
All right, need suggestion on my first 5.1 system. Just bought my house, the previous owner has a setup of Bose Acoustimass 10 III in the family room. They hide all the wire/cable behind the crown molding. Wife wants to speakers to be un-noticable in the family room. My question is if I can use the bose cable/wire plug for the ProCinema or I just buy the same set of Bose to save the trouble?

Thanks,

Amur
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-22-2012, 05:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked: 549
I took a quick look at the Bose manual, and it appears that the Bose speaker wire is two-strand, and that it's bare at the speaker end and terminated with an RCA connector at the "bass module" end. So, on the speaker end, you should be fine to hook up the DefTechs; and, on the other end, if you cut off the RCA connectors from the wires, you should be able to hook them all up to an AVR.

One possible issue: Since all Bose speakers have to plug into the "bass module", it's possible that the wires are only long enough to reach the "bass module" in its current location. If that's the case, you may be constrained to placing your AVR in that same location.
post #3 of 3 Old 12-22-2012, 08:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just checked again. Yes, the wire to speakers are bare. The connectors to the Module are RCA. I guess the worst case is to cut them as you said. The wire seems long enough and I will give the procinema a try.

Thanks,
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page