Looking at also picking up a set of the monitor 30s for rear sorrounds.
Now onto cables.
1) Do i need the piece below for my subwoofer, or can I run the single subwoofer cable into it? http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004EBX5GW/ref=ox_sc_act_title_7?ie=UTF8&smid=A1DCPNQKKEISZB
Looking at using 14 gauge speaker wire, removing the base board and running it behind the baseboard. My receiver and speakers are 8 Ohms and the run will be between 35-40 feet,
2) is that a good fit for wire?
3) Also looking at getting banana clips. Do i terminate both ends, I.e. at the receiver side and the speaker side, with the clips?
Remember I'm not an audiophile and this is also a budget build so if anything above is unnecesary that is a plus.
1) No, get a single 'sub' cable and use the LFE input on the back of your sub.
3) You can, but you can also just use the bare wire.
Monoprice is a great place to buy cables - you can save $ here.