Total noob here, so please correct any misconceptions I have.
Room size: 30 by 20 ft carpeted basement, couch is in the middle of the room facing the 20 ft wall.
What I have:
- Panasonic ST30 50'' Plasma TV( 3 hdmi inputs, one of which is ARC )
- HTPC with gt210 (hdmi 1.3, dd and dts source)
- Cable DVR( hdmi, no idea about audio quality but don't care too much)
- Xbox with HDMI out
- 2x Sony ss-v741av (floor standing speakers)
- 2x Sony ss-u64 (surround speakers)
The above speakers came in a set with a center channel/subwoofer? and audio receiver, but the both no longer work.
What I need:
- 5.1 AV receiver, with at least 5 hdmi inputs (already have 3 hdmi inputs, might need more in the future)
- Center channel
- Replacement front left and right, and surround left and right?
: $750, willing to go up to $1000. Want to buy everything at once. Located in the US. Might be willing to spend another $1000 in 2 months if it's really worth it.Usage
: Mostly movies, some music( classical, jazz, opera ), a little cable tv but don't care about the audio quality of cable
Other than suggestions for parts (I've looked at denon, onkyo, but not too picky), should I spend more money on the receiver/woofer/center and keep the sony speakers, or spend less on the receiver/woofer/center and replace the sony speakers?