wharfedale going from 2.1 to 5.1 oppinion please - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 12-29-2012, 10:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
hi guys! a year ago i decided to setup an acceptable audio system for my room and so after some research i bought
the wharfedale diamond 10.7 (pair), a pioneer vsx-821k, and a mirage omni s10. i have to say that i am very pleased with this setup
but i read that the diamond 10 series has been discontinued due to the launch of the diamond 100. so i decided to make my move
and complete the surround setup before they go out of stock and their price goes sky-high. after some consideration it came down to
this (i'll buy a center and 2 rear speakers) :

front: 2x wharfedale diamond 10.7
center: wharfedale diamond 10CM
rear: 2x wharfedale diamond 10.5
sub: mirage omni s10

did i choose the correct speakers to buy or should i consider a different setup?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-29-2012, 12:06 PM

Liked: 37
Sounds like you already bought them but are second guessing yourself. Why? I think you did great. You already had the flagship Diamond 10.7's so the proper center would be the 10CM. And while some may consider the 10.5's (a tower) as overkill or rear surrounds, they will more than work and save the cost of stands if you had gone to a monitor type. So I say bravo!

I once had a full 5.0 set of Diamond 9's anchored by the top of the range 9.6 and really enjoyed them so I am very well familar with their capabilities. Best of luck and have fun listening to them.

Parasound 5125, Parasound 2100, Pro-ject RM 5.1SE, Dynavector 10x5, Pro-ject Phono Box S, Pro-ject Speed Box II, Arcam FMJ CD17, Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Pioneer Elite BDP-52FD, Vienna Acoustics Bach Grands, Vienna Acoustics Theatro Grand, Wharfedale Diamond 9.2s, REL T-1 & Panasonic TC-P54S1
post #3 of 4 Old 12-30-2012, 07:11 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
LOL, no i haven't bought them yet and if i had believe me i wouldn't second guess it!
as a beginner that i am in the speakers section i was just making sure that i was
going for the correct model of speakers. thanks for the reply.

ps: what did you get after the diamond 9's?
post #4 of 4 Old 12-30-2012, 08:10 AM

Liked: 37
Vienna Acoustics Bach Grands and Theatro center. I kept a pair of Wharfedale Diamond 9.2's that I still use as my rear surrounds.

Parasound 5125, Parasound 2100, Pro-ject RM 5.1SE, Dynavector 10x5, Pro-ject Phono Box S, Pro-ject Speed Box II, Arcam FMJ CD17, Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Pioneer Elite BDP-52FD, Vienna Acoustics Bach Grands, Vienna Acoustics Theatro Grand, Wharfedale Diamond 9.2s, REL T-1 & Panasonic TC-P54S1
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page