Where can one get Vienna Acoustics used in good condition at a reasonable price??? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 12-29-2012, 05:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
As noted in another thread I am in the process of putting some speakers in my living room for tv watching and music listening. I'm battling with my wife on appearance vs performance. She would like something very small so it is not noticeable. I think that VA's are a nice compromise. The wood finish is brilliant and they sound great from when I heard them some years ago.

I'd like to get my hands on some used Bachs, Mozarts or Haydns. They will be in my living room so I'd like them to be in pretty good shape. I have to live on a budget though so anything close to new price is way out of my league. I live in NH. I've done the craigslist route and nothing to be had. I see a number of different ones on ebay. I'd prefer to be able to see and hear them before I pony up hundreds of dollars, or at least have a reliable return policy. Are there other places I should look or avenues I can follow to find them?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-29-2012, 05:25 PM

Liked: 38
Wow, tall order. You probably will not find many Viennas on Craigs as they are too high end of a product. Besides Ebay, try www.audiogon.com and www.usaudiomart.com and www.audioasylum.com. Besides Ebay, these sites may have used available from time to time. Whether they would happen to be in NH...well, thats the tall order part. Good luck.

Parasound 5125, Parasound 2100, Pro-ject RM 5.1SE, Dynavector 10x5, Pro-ject Phono Box S, Pro-ject Speed Box II, Arcam FMJ CD17, Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Pioneer Elite BDP-52FD, Vienna Acoustics Bach Grands, Vienna Acoustics Theatro Grand, Wharfedale Diamond 9.2s, REL T-1 & Panasonic TC-P54S1
post #3 of 5 Old 12-29-2012, 05:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 101
A search of Craigs List using 'Search Tempest' shows many Vienna speakers available around you.

When all else fails - RTFM!

♫♫♫ Two Channel Rules! ♫♫♫

GO SEAHAWKS!!!
post #4 of 5 Old 12-29-2012, 06:42 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for information thus far. So far I'm not sure if I can convince my wife of the floorstanders. I might need to go with the Haydn or the Waltz. I can find the Waltz but it don't think it would be an ideal front. I'd love to find the Haydn somewhere (wood finish) but no luck thus far!
post #5 of 5 Old 03-07-2013, 06:06 PM

Hello I have some Haydn bookshelf's in light cherry finish in excellent condition
for sale if your interested.
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page