Front speaker to be paired with Mirage M-1 speakers - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-29-2012, 09:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I found a pair of Mirage M-1 speakers at an estate sale and with a quick lookup on my phone I saw them offered for $1499.00 on Ebay.
They looked very well cared for. I am a very lets say frugal person (cheap) and attend these sales rarely spending over a dollar on an item. These speakers were paired with an old GIGANTIC projection TV. I just couldn't spend a few hundred dollars on speakers I could not hear and an outdated TV. I went home and researched the Mirage M-1 and decided to take a chance on them. I gave the TV to my mother-in-law. she loved it! I hooked the speakers to my system and put on some Mozart. These are VERY good speakers! I wanted to just turn them over on Ebay for some quick cash,but now that i have heard them I cannot let them go. Can anyone give me direction on a center speaker to pair with these behemoths? They make my Bose VCS 10 sound like poo. Not that I was ever that pleased with it. I would like to stress again that I am CHEAP, but I also enjoy the finer things in life. I have heard speakers described as "warm" before, now I know what they mean!!!
Is there any maintenance that I should do on these old speakers? They dont have discoloration or the smell of smoke. I have an idea an old guy purchased them and then passed away leaving grandma to play her music. They are in great condition and sound wonderful but I have read enough to know old speakers need maintenance. Could these things sound any better? Would love to know.
Thanks! Cumbersome
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-29-2012, 09:47 PM - Thread Starter

There is a pair on Ebay now for $1800 I believe. Guess they were a good buy!
post #3 of 3 Old 12-30-2012, 04:46 PM - Thread Starter

Considering Boston Acoustics VR 12...Hellllloooooooooo! Talking to myself.
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page