RC-62ii as mains also?? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 12-30-2012, 12:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I use a couple of RB-61iis now as my mains. I like them but would like a bit more output.
The center now is a RB-52ii. It does sound pretty good but I could use a more of the same there also so I ordered myself a RB-62ii.
I had the idea of using three RC-62iis across the front because of space limitations in my built-in cabinetry.
I would like to keep the tweeters as low as possible to be at ear level. All the speakers will rest on a shelf 30" high.
All the reading in Audiohlics about the pitfalls of horizontal speakers is starting to scare me away from the idea of using 3 of them as a LCR set.
My question is...
Do you believe the phase cancellation would be that big of a deal in real world listening or is it more of a problem of graphs, charts and instruments?
We are not audiophiles but we love our music and impactful HT.
Our usage is 80%HT

So I'm looking at 4 scenarios.
1.) three horizontal RC-62iis (good output, perfect timbre matching, but phase cancellation issues)
2,) two RB-81iis + RC-62ii (good output but high tweeter placement {18" above ear level and center channel} and don't fit well issues)
3.) two KL-650-thx + RC-62ii (good output, fit and tweeter height but unknown timbre matching)
4.) two of another brand that can go sideways such as SHO-10 or similar and screw timbre matching + RC-62ii (good output, fit and tweeter height but unknown timbre matching).
It's not a perfect world. Which would you see as the best way to go?
Thanks,
Paul

Tags
Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Black Each , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch R 5650 W In Wall System Rc 62ii Center , Klipsch R 5800 W In Wall System Rc 62ii Center Free Sub