Totem Tribe on Wall Options - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 12-30-2012, 03:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Been spec'in out my new setup and have now been more interested for on wall speakers versus in walls (performance/installation cost wise etc considering). I am liking what I see on Totem Tribe III and V lines for LCR and will probably do a Totem Tribe in ceiling to match for the surrounds (5.2 setup). Not much reviews out there but when I see them, they have been favorable. Anyone can offer insight especially the difference between III and V and perhaps let me know how much the street prices run? Are the V's worth the premium? The finish and driver designs are pretty good and they seem to be a full range speaker which would be nice for some music once in awhile. Room is about 18x16x11 that opens in to a kitchen dining area if that helps. Thanks in advance for any help/insight people can provide.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 12-31-2012, 07:29 PM - Thread Starter

Probably going to just roll the dice and get the V's......not enough people with these speakers but the drivers themselves with the range sounded very good.
post #3 of 6 Old 01-01-2013, 06:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Heard the Totem Tribes where I shop for audio gear. You won't be rolling the dice they sound excellent for both movies and music. The speakers were hooked up to an Arcam AVR and a REL Stentor Sub. The sound was seamless and dynamic. Dialogue clear and full. Enjoy.smile.gif
post #4 of 6 Old 01-01-2013, 11:16 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Class A View Post

Heard the Totem Tribes where I shop for audio gear. You won't be rolling the dice they sound excellent for both movies and music. The speakers were hooked up to an Arcam AVR and a REL Stentor Sub. The sound was seamless and dynamic. Dialogue clear and full. Enjoy.smile.gif

Thanks for the feedback! Did you listen to the Totem III's or V's? I heard the Element speakers with the torrent drivers and they sounded great....but can't find anywhere that have the on walls setup for an audition. From specs and listening to those same drivers, I am assuming it should sound great.
post #5 of 6 Old 01-01-2013, 01:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 40
They were Tribe 5's. The room had a large 120" screen with I think an Anthem front projector also so very nice all leather theater seats. If you got the space you'll have an outstanding HT w/those speakers.smile.gif
post #6 of 6 Old 01-01-2013, 02:29 PM - Thread Starter

Liking what I'm hearing! Thanks for the feedback, I have little doubt I'll be happy with these "compromises" as the wife and I don't want the clutter this round for floor standing speakers. Once again, appreciate you sharing your thoughts on this.
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page