Audition in stereo - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 12-30-2012, 05:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Just bought a new pair of bookshelf speakers and trying to figure out what people mean when they say they audition them in stereo. Obviously it means 2 channels without a sub, but will simply turning off the sub woofer and selecting stereo listening mode play them in full range? Or would I need to go into settings and change the size to large and adjust the crossover also?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2012, 05:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
You would need to go into the receiver settings and set the speakers to large and the sub to off if you want the full range to go to the bookshelf speakers. If you plan to listen to them 2.1 (which, I understand to still be stereo), then I would audition speakers with the sub, the bookshelf speakers set to small, and the crossover where you would listen to them at. With my receiver when I listen to music and put it in stereo mode instead of one of the movie modes, it still outputs to the subwoofer.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 215 Post(s)
Liked: 592
Many (most?) AVRs have a "pure direct" (or similar) mode which bypasses all internal audio processing. Switch to that mode (usually there's a button on the remote just for that mode, or which lets you cycle through various modes including that one) and you'll get audio through just the front L+R speakers.