I want to upgrade from polk m 70s to what. I cant decide help - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 33 Old 01-06-2013, 08:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by XStanleyX View Post

I set my crossover at 40Hz when listening to stereo music. It has good bass for an 8 in. woofer. With a sub it's set to 80Hz. The LSi is noted for the better tweeter. That's not to say the tweeter in the A9's are bad of course. I'm currently not running them with an amp but will get one in about a month so I can run closer to reference levels when I want. There are a few people in the Polk thread that own the A9's and they love them. For a person on a tight budget the RTi12's are the way to go. Other than the looks they are on par with the A9's and very hard to beat at the price they go for on Polk ebay. The LSi15's on Polk ebay are $850 per pair. Whatever you choose I hope you find something you like without having to spend an arm and a leg. smile.gif
PS: Like you, I used to own a pair of Monitor 70's. The LSi15's are a world apart. The RTi's would be a leap up too. Not just some louder 70's.
i was really wondering about the rti12 i was hoping they where not just louder m70's I will check more into them so rti12"s conpared to a9"S are like m70"s to tsi 500
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 33 Old 01-06-2013, 08:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 1262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas 1966 View Post

i was really wondering about the rti12 i was hoping they where not just louder m70's I will check more into them so rti12"s conpared to a9"S are like m70"s to tsi 500

The 75t replaced the 70's like the A9's replaced the RTi12's.

Denon AVR-4520CI
Carver Amazing Originals/ Carver Amazing Silvers
(2) Sonotube Subs with 18" Stereo Integrity D4 Drivers
Projector: BenQ W1070
Some audio history:
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=222FF...3449%21138&v=3
post #33 of 33 Old 01-13-2013, 01:09 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Thanks for the help I thought I would tell of what I decided on after hanging in the DIY for awhile it was suggested I biuld a pair of statements after much reading I am sold on this idea. It will be some time before I have the time and money but later this year I will get started
Thanks
Reply Speakers

Tags
Polk Audio Rti A9 Floorstanding Speaker Single Black , Polk Audio Lsi15 Left Channel Tower Speaker Single Ebony , Polk Audio Lsi15 Right Channel Tower Speaker Single Ebony , Kef Iq70bl Floor Standing Speaker Single Black

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page