Looking To Buy Warfedale Speakers. - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 01-03-2013, 05:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello All,Im looking Warfedale speakers that they want to sell looking for towers but would consider bookself as well.Looking for 10.7s if possible.Or does anyone know where i can buy them discounted.Thanks.Looking for front rear sub and surounds thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 01-04-2013, 05:43 AM - Thread Starter

Any help??
post #3 of 8 Old 01-04-2013, 05:53 AM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Musicdirect.com is the only one I know. On the tabs at the top of the homepage they have a tab labeled "outlet store" that has demo models and overstocks of Wharfedales, among other things.
post #4 of 8 Old 01-04-2013, 07:34 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Check onecall com. They are a Wharfedale dealer and have open box/demos from time to time. Also STO Sound & Vision may have some Wharfedales left at clearance prices. They bought another internet dealers entire inventory several years ago and blew them out at bargain prices. Finally check EBAY! Good luck.

Parasound 5125, Parasound 2100, Pro-ject RM 5.1SE, Dynavector 10x5, Pro-ject Phono Box S, Pro-ject Speed Box II, Arcam FMJ CD17, Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Pioneer Elite BDP-52FD, Vienna Acoustics Bach Grands, Vienna Acoustics Theatro Grand, Wharfedale Diamond 9.2s, REL T-1 & Panasonic TC-P54S1
post #5 of 8 Old 01-04-2013, 02:30 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks does anyone have any thoughts on warfedale diamond series or Psb t series.Im not sure which speaker set up to get.I have Marantz 6006 reciever looking for fronts center and rear and sub.I appreciate any advice.
post #6 of 8 Old 01-04-2013, 03:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 231 Post(s)
Liked: 214
The 10.7's are very nice speakers, cant go wrong. There are many PSB fans on this board, so you will be bombarded with endorsements.
post #7 of 8 Old 01-04-2013, 06:46 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Not to diminish the PSB's. I am sure they are a good speaker and have read good things about. But since I never heard them and am a former Wharfedale owner, I must cast another vote for Wharfedale Diamond 10.7.

The 10.7's are suppose to be even better than the Diamond 9.6 that I once owned. The Diamond 9.6s' were a very smooth sounding speaker that could best be described as full bodied projecting a large, deep soundstage. They were not the last word in accuracy but were extermely musical and performed great with movies too because of that large soundstage. When I finally upgraded, a friend bought the 9.6's and matching center so I still get to enjoy them from time to time. I still have a pair of Diamond 9.2's that I use as rear surrounds. They blend in well with the front three Vienna Acoustics I have now.

If you can possibly audition both the Wharfedales and PSB's, I would encourage you to do so. What sounds good to me, may not sound best to you. If you cannot audition because of lack of availability in your area, then take the leap of faith with the Wharfedales. As Jay1 pointed out, you can't go wrong.

Finally, be on the lookout for possible clearance pricing on the Diamond 10 series as Wharfedale is introducing their new Diamond 100 series as a replacement. I would call Music Direct and One Call and ask when they may start getting the 100's. This could be a tip off that the Diamond 10's you want may start to get slashed in price. Good luck!

Parasound 5125, Parasound 2100, Pro-ject RM 5.1SE, Dynavector 10x5, Pro-ject Phono Box S, Pro-ject Speed Box II, Arcam FMJ CD17, Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Pioneer Elite BDP-52FD, Vienna Acoustics Bach Grands, Vienna Acoustics Theatro Grand, Wharfedale Diamond 9.2s, REL T-1 & Panasonic TC-P54S1
post #8 of 8 Old 01-04-2013, 06:57 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 852 Post(s)
Liked: 772
PSB is a nice speaker - you will need to choose which one is right for you.

Speakers > MB Quart VS05, Boston VS260, Snell K7, EOS 150SP
Subwoofer > Mordaunt Short Aviano 7
Receiver > Tascam PAR-200, Pioneer VSX-30
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page