in-wall speakers high up wall with cathedral ceilings - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 01-03-2013, 02:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
We are remodeling are home and would like to install in-wall speakers for mainly background listening and maybe cranked up during parties, however due to the windows on our wall we are unable to place speakers at ear level (standing or sitting). Ceiling speakers are not an option. Basically we would need to place the speakers between 8-10ft, above 10ft the cathedral starts with a height of 15ft. While it's one large open space I am thinking about creating 3 zones being kitchen, dining, and living each with two speakers (stereo). The kitchen and dining are basically the top of the "T" 35' wide by 15' depth (lower part of T is the living) and they will each have their speaker pairs on the opposing walls allowing just listening in either zone. The living 20' by 25' will have it's speakers on the same side as the dining and I am thinking that during a party I'll only run the dining and living limiting the amount of directional music. Budget for speakers is in the $1500-$2000 range and I have been looking at Polk the 265's (LS and RT) look interesting for living (simpler pairs for kitchen/dining), however not sure if they have a pivoting tweeter...which I am hoping might help with the having to mount them higher up the wall. The speakers will also have to be mounted horizontally as there is not enough space vertically.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2013, 09:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anyone experience with mounting in-walls up higher than 8ft?