First HT setup with Jamo S426 HCS - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-03-2013, 08:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I have been trolling this site for about three weeks now and took the plunge yesterday without asking for advice first.

Based on comments here in other posts I purchased the Jamo S426 5 speakler set with a Polk 505 Sub. This will be powered by the HK AVR 1700.

All said and done I think i did ok.

HK 1700 : $186 out the door at best buy
Jamo 426: $179 plus free shipping at amazon. (actually purchased at 224 yesterday but now listed at 179. Best price by far i have seen on this so get it while it lasts.)
Polk 505 : $189 with free shipping at amazon.

I figure this will be better than the TV speakers I have been using my entire life.

Any comments on set up would be greatly appreciated. I iwll try the "sub crawl" to figure out best placement for the Sub.

I really enjoy the amount of knowledge on this site. The opinions and reviews on this site have helped me make my decision.

In closing thanks for your help.

Eric
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-03-2013, 09:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Congratulations on your new system! If you're accustomed to TV speakers, prepare to be blown away by your new system!

I purchased the same Jamo speaker set for $179 (I think they went down to $115 recently but I guess have gone up again) from Amazon a month or so ago and am very happy with them for the price. They're okay with music, but they really sound good for home theater. Unless you're willing to spend considerably more or are used to much more expensive systems, I think you'll be very happy. H/K receivers traditionally are among the best in terms of sound quality, although they lack some of the whistles and bells of the Japanese brands. I can't comment on the sub but it should fit the system well. Work with speaker and sub placement and you should get great results.
Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page