Marantz Amplifier only playing through one speaker unless volume turned up then it kicks in! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-04-2013, 02:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi Guys

Newbie and already need some advice I have a Marantz stero all seperates and the amplifier a Marantz PM4001 is only playing through one speaker unless volume turned up then it kicks in.

I have tried blowing it out with an air duster and the problem does seem to be coming from the volume control I have switched the speakers and it does exactly the same.

Help! Its driving me crazy

Thanks in advance

Dean
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-04-2013, 02:30 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 747 Post(s)
Liked: 1162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Jeffreys View Post

Hi Guys

Newbie and already need some advice I have a Marantz stero all seperates and the amplifier a Marantz PM4001 is only playing through one speaker unless volume turned up then it kicks in.

I have tried blowing it out with an air duster and the problem does seem to be coming from the volume control I have switched the speakers and it does exactly the same.

Reconnect the speaker wires, current left channel to right channel, current right channel to left channel. That will tell you whether the problem is in the speakers, wires or the amp.

If the problem moves to the other channel, then the amp or the source are the problem. If it stays in the same channel then the wiring or the speaker is the problem.
post #3 of 3 Old 01-04-2013, 02:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnyk View Post

Reconnect the speaker wires, current left channel to right channel, current right channel to left channel. That will tell you whether the problem is in the speakers, wires or the amp.
If the problem moves to the other channel, then the amp or the source are the problem. If it stays in the same channel then the wiring or the speaker is the problem.

Hey

I have done this already and its exactly the same any ideas?
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page