Pioneer Elite SC-67
Pioneer Elite 3d BDP-53FD
Emotiva XPR-5
Polk RTiA9's ...mains
Polk CSiA6's ...center
Polk F/X iA6.....surround's
QSC K-Sub
Samsung ES8000 65 inch 3D ....T.V.

Now as to the movies.....the sound is FRIKIN AWSUM !!!! but??? with the music...its lacking a little......Im thinking of upgrading the mains to Polk LSiM 707s to fix my problem.....does anyone know these speakers....and can you give me a lil insight ???? Plzz.....or any other suggestions???? I was also thinking maybe ....go to Pro-Audio and get sum EAW LA 325's.....?????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 01-04-2013, 04:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 102
How are your speakers placed, do you have a pic of your setup?
post #3 of 10 Old 01-04-2013, 05:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 19
You need to know what it is that you think is lacking in the way music sounds in your room. I don't think that getting those Polk LSiM 707's will do anything but make your wallet a lot lighter. I have a feeling this is a room problem or a calibration set up problem. I fought a similar situation with my system. It wasn't any of my gear that was the problem. It was partly a calibration problem and a speaker placement problem. My mains needed adjustment. The distance from the wall needed to be increased as well as toe in and aligning the tweeter and mid with the listing position and ear level. I made some tilting adjustable platforms to do this. My mains are really tall. Now music and movies sound great.
post #4 of 10 Old 01-04-2013, 05:33 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My Polk RTiA9z sit 30 inches up off the floor....That how my wall is built ....using the old bar set up as mt entertainment center......the sound just isnt full enuff.....not enuff mids and low mids I think......what suxx also is....with the SC-67...I cant find a way to use the EQ while the music is playing.....when I go to the EQ page...the sound cuts off....so I have to do it blindly...as it were.....Iv used the auto EQ several times now....its pretty good.......
post #5 of 10 Old 01-04-2013, 05:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 1262
If I could go from A9's or even my LSi15's to the 707's I would do it. But not at that cost. I haven't listened to the 707's but I can't imagine them sounding THAT much better.
Of course if you have money to burn...............

Denon AVR-4520CI
Carver Amazing Originals/ Carver Amazing Silvers
(2) Sonotube Subs with 18" Stereo Integrity D4 Drivers
Projector: BenQ W1070
Some audio history:
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=222FF...3449%21138&v=3
post #6 of 10 Old 01-04-2013, 05:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 1262
Can you post a photo of your setup? The tweeters should be a ear level. You've got a tough setup there.

Denon AVR-4520CI
Carver Amazing Originals/ Carver Amazing Silvers
(2) Sonotube Subs with 18" Stereo Integrity D4 Drivers
Projector: BenQ W1070
Some audio history:
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=222FF...3449%21138&v=3
post #7 of 10 Old 01-04-2013, 05:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by chazz1234 View Post

My Polk RTiA9z sit 30 inches up off the floor....That how my wall is built ....using the old bar set up as mt entertainment center......the sound just isnt full enuff.....not enuff mids and low mids I think......what suxx also is....with the SC-67...I cant find a way to use the EQ while the music is playing.....when I go to the EQ page...the sound cuts off....so I have to do it blindly...as it were.....Iv used the auto EQ several times now....its pretty good.......

After hearing this it's not the speakers that is your problem it's the set up. The speakers are to close to the wall or in the wall and to high. I had similar problems with lack of mid bass and certain frequencies when my mains where to close to the wall and not sticking out further than my subwoofers. This causes imaging and reflection issues reducing or canceling certain frequencies. You won't eq them back and you shouldn't try anyway. I now use zero eq correction. The sound before the changes and how it is now is a drastic difference. I have great mid bass and clarity and great imaging.
post #8 of 10 Old 01-04-2013, 05:56 PM - Thread Starter

Il try to post sum pixx in a while...Im a PCtard...Il get my brother to help me........also....Im gonna take my mains outta the wall unit and try what u said......hopefully it works....
post #9 of 10 Old 01-05-2013, 12:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by chazz1234 View Post

That's a 48 5/8" tall speaker sitting an extra 30" high? So 78 5/8" minus about 6 5/8" gives you a tweeter height of 6'.... Unless you're an NBA player sitting on a bar stool, your ears are no where near 6' when sitting in front of the speakers. That is definitely your problem. You need to be at or near ear level with the tweeters to hear any high frequencies, and even worse with an MTM section controlling the vertical directivety you are getting limited mid frequencies as well.

These speakers are meant to have there backs against a wall, but not recessed into one.
post #10 of 10 Old 01-05-2013, 12:31 AM - Thread Starter

@Jay... thanks...Im go rearrange them tomorrow...That wld be awsum if this is my fixx
Reply Speakers

Tags
Polk Audio Rti A9 High Performance Floorstanding Loudspeaker Each Black , Pioneer Elite Sc 67 9 2 Channel Thx Select 2 Plus A V Receiver , Samsung Un65es8000 Led Hdtv , Polk Audio Lsim Series Cherry Floorstanding Tower Speaker , Polk Audio Lsi15 Left Channel Tower Speaker Single Ebony , Polk Audio Lsi15 Right Channel Tower Speaker Single Ebony
Gear in this thread