Speakercraft Aim Cinema One's or other suggestions for in-walls??? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 01-08-2013, 12:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I was looking for some in-wall speaker help. I don't have a fortune to spend on in walls and was going to build my system as budget allows. I'm fully aware in-walls are not the best route to go but that is what I have to go with in my bonus room. The dimensions are roughly 11x13 and it opens up to the stairs as well. I currently have a 51 Samsung Plasma and am going with the Denon 2212CI for a 5.1 setup. I was looking at the Speakercraft Aim Cinema One's but have not been able to really find any reviews on them at all. For them to have been out so long seems like someone would have heard and reviewed them by now. I don't have a local speakercraft dealer to demo them. Budget for the L and R speakers only would be around $500 range and I was wondering was this a good choice or are their other speakers I should be looking at. If I went with the Aim Cinema OnesI was going to use AIM LCR as a center channel and probaly some of the speakercraft MT one for rear surrounds. For my sub I was going to catch the Klipsch RW12 whenever it goes on sale again for $299. Any help would be greatly appreaciated.

Thanks,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-09-2013, 05:59 PM - Thread Starter

any suggestions please?
post #3 of 4 Old 01-09-2013, 07:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by XclusiveTN View Post

I was looking for some in-wall speaker help. I don't have a fortune to spend on in walls and was going to build my system as budget allows. I'm fully aware in-walls are not the best route to go but that is what I have to go with in my bonus room. The dimensions are roughly 11x13 and it opens up to the stairs as well. I currently have a 51 Samsung Plasma and am going with the Denon 2212CI for a 5.1 setup. I was looking at the Speakercraft Aim Cinema One's but have not been able to really find any reviews on them at all. For them to have been out so long seems like someone would have heard and reviewed them by now. I don't have a local speakercraft dealer to demo them. Budget for the L and R speakers only would be around $500 range and I was wondering was this a good choice or are their other speakers I should be looking at. If I went with the Aim Cinema OnesI was going to use AIM LCR as a center channel and probaly some of the speakercraft MT one for rear surrounds. For my sub I was going to catch the Klipsch RW12 whenever it goes on sale again for $299. Any help would be greatly appreaciated.

Thanks,

As someone who owns Speakercraft in-wall speakers and Deftech in-wall speakers, I would spend a little more and go Deftech. They sound much better. If you need to save some money, downgrade your receiver to a lower Denon model that still has a lot of features.

Here is what I would consider:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Definitive-Technology-UIW-RLS-III-Main-Stereo-Speaker-New-in-Box-/160886133871?pt=Speakers_Subwoofers&hash=item25758f946f

Get three of these (you can turn one horizontal if you need to).

The Speakercraft Cinema series are not bad, but the Deftech's, to me, sound considerably better.
post #4 of 4 Old 01-17-2013, 05:03 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for responding. I don't have any speakercraft dealers local but just found a dealer local who sells klipsch and deftech so I will be going to demo those in the next day or so.

Thanks!
Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page