Pioneer Sp-fS52 upgarde from Sony SS-MF315 good enough??? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-09-2013, 08:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I recently bought a Pioneer VSX-522 because my old sony went out. Sounds pretty good to me. Thinking of trading it in for the 1022 just to have the extra 2 channels if i ever want 7.1 or dual zones, plus the added networking features.

But, I have these old SOny floorstandings speakers for the fronts, and old sony center. Also have some cheap Element indoor/outdoors for the rear. Is the pioneer a worthy upgrade of speakers? For fronts,
Id probably upgrade the center and rear to match. Would it be wise to use the old sony floorstandings for rears??

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-09-2013, 10:25 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 35
I rarely if ever hear rave reviews of Sony speakers, but I have not listened so I shouldn't really say anything. The FS-52, though, is certainly very nice sounding and a rather astonishing deal for the sound quality. Matching the surrounds to the fronts is a 'nice to have', not nearly as necessary as matching the front three to each other. Perhaps a 'very nice to have'. For the cost of the bookshelf Pioneers as surrounds it is often not too much of a stretch to fill out the system, although of course YMMV.

Reply Speakers

Tags
Pioneer Andrew Jones Sp Fs52 Flr Stand Loudspeaker

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page