Yamaha V473 or Denon 1613? (I know the wrong section...) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-10-2013, 10:36 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Hey Everyone- (I by accidentally posted this in the speaker section...sorry!)

I just purchased the Jamo S 426 speaker set and am now trying to decide on a receiver. I've read some reviews on the two, but I feel it's more helpful to get feedback from actual customers/users. I hear that the Yamaha is an overall better receiver for music, but for home theatre Denon takes the cake. I've also heard that Audyssey is far better than YPAO due to calibrating the subwoofer. Thoughts?

I'm going to hooking up a 42" LED LG TV and an Xbox 360. We will eventually be geting a Blu Ray player. I will use it for music, gaming, and movies/Netflix. They are both in a very similar price range ($350) and when it comes to specs, processing power, etc, I don't know a whole lot about that stuff which is why I'm posting on here. I simply want something that will give me the best bang for my buck.

So, any feedback you guys could provide would be very helpful. The V473 or 1613. What do you all think? Thanks so much in advance. Anxious to hear what you guys have to say.

Jon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-11-2013, 10:19 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by butie120 View Post

Hey Everyone- (I by accidentally posted this in the speaker section...sorry!)

I just purchased the Jamo S 426 speaker set and am now trying to decide on a receiver. I've read some reviews on the two, but I feel it's more helpful to get feedback from actual customers/users. I hear that the Yamaha is an overall better receiver for music, but for home theatre Denon takes the cake. I've also heard that Audyssey is far better than YPAO due to calibrating the subwoofer. Thoughts?

I'm going to hooking up a 42" LED LG TV and an Xbox 360. We will eventually be geting a Blu Ray player. I will use it for music, gaming, and movies/Netflix. They are both in a very similar price range ($350) and when it comes to specs, processing power, etc, I don't know a whole lot about that stuff which is why I'm posting on here. I simply want something that will give me the best bang for my buck.

So, any feedback you guys could provide would be very helpful. The V473 or 1613. What do you all think? Thanks so much in advance. Anxious to hear what you guys have to say.

Jon

I just to own a Yamaha and now I own a Denon. The Yamaha was a very good receiver with clean power especially for music as you have heard but the Denon has a punch for movies. I would go with the Denon especially because of the Audyssey on board. Audyssey also EQ's the sub and YPAO does not. I don't think I would buy another receiver without Audyssey.
Reply Speakers

Tags
Yamaha Rx V473 Receiver , Receivers Amplifiers , Denon Avr 1613 Receiver , Jamo , Speaker Systems , Lg 42 Inch Lcd Led , Xbox 360 250gb Console With Kinect
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page