Why are JTR speakers more popular than Seaton Sound speakers? - Page 5 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #121 of 133 Old 02-19-2014, 01:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romans828 View Post

Looks like the JTR website is down. Hopefully they are creating a new site that gives them a more professional image. I know that they are small and don't want to grow too quickly... but bet they have lost a lot of business due to their poor web site and missed phone calls/emails. 

Nope...the "old" one is back up....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 133 Old 02-19-2014, 01:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
The bigger question is why are JTR and Seaton so frequently mentioned devoid of the numerous other brands out there. Discussion forums lend itself to cult followings of particular brands. Could make for an interesting social science thesis. Just sayin.
SyntheticShrimp likes this.
post #123 of 133 Old 02-19-2014, 02:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Heres the closet thing to a website you can get smile.gif http://jtrspeakers.com/

JTR speakers is Jeff P. There is No they.wink.gif

If he is not answering the phone its b/c he is building speakers. He still hand builds every XO that goes in his products.

His prices reflect a give and trade with not answering e-mails and phone calls in a timely matter.

Good Luck
Chris
post #124 of 133 Old 02-19-2014, 05:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocoloco View Post

The bigger question is why are JTR and Seaton so frequently mentioned devoid of the numerous other brands out there. Discussion forums lend itself to cult followings of particular brands. Could make for an interesting social science thesis. Just sayin.

I agree, JTR and Seaton speakers mentioned in a thread about JTR and Seaton speakers. CRAZY!!!! I hope the Paradigm thread doesn't mention Paradigm speakers too often....that would be troubling!!! And while we are at it, why do people discuss HT in an HT forum....way not more talk about unicorns and bigfoot. Just saying.
Geoff4RFC likes this.
post #125 of 133 Old 02-19-2014, 05:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frohlich View Post

I agree, JTR and Seaton speakers mentioned in a thread about JTR and Seaton speakers. CRAZY!!!! I hope the Paradigm thread doesn't mention Paradigm speakers too often....that would be troubling!!! And while we are at it, why do people discuss HT in an HT forum....way not more talk about unicorns and bigfoot. Just saying.

Says the man with JTR speakers... rolleyes.gif
post #126 of 133 Old 02-19-2014, 08:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 203 Post(s)
Liked: 702
Quote:

Says the man with JTR speakers... rolleyes.gif

Are you purposely trying to be a troll? rolleyes.gif

If you don't have any experience with either Seaton or JTR speakers move along.
Geoff4RFC likes this.

My Gear:

JTR Noesis 228HT (LCR)
Axiom Audio QS8 surrounds
Sherbourn PA 7-350
Pioneer VSX-21TXH
JVC RS45
Falcon Screens FVHD105
Dual PSA XS30's (gone but not forgotten)
post #127 of 133 Old 02-19-2014, 10:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post

Are you purposely trying to be a troll? rolleyes.gif

If you don't have any experience with either Seaton or JTR speakers move along.

Sure thing boss. Thanks for putting my ass in line.
post #128 of 133 Old 02-20-2014, 05:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Quote:

Most consumers buy a product based on Quality, Performance, and value. These two companies simply give their customers what they pay for. This turns into happily satisfied customers who come on these forums to share their experience and emotion with others. Like minded people who share the same interests tend to post on the same handful of threads. Nothing special just the way the threads are organized.

An interesting social science thesis would be "Why all the Haters of this unique niche of ID company products."
If anything the AVS forum is the cult and we all become members from the first post. Out of all the people I know most consider this audio interest to be an obsession. We as audio enthusiasts are in the minority. Most customers of these companies do not read AVS or post anything. They buy their product and enjoy it.

Big speakers with Huge dynamics, a wide soundstage, ultra clean clarity, that sound just as good at low volumes as they do when someone is pouring the coal to them with a ton of watts at high volumes is not for everyone. For the ones who are interested JTR and Seaton are a good place to start.

No cult just people that are happy, people that suck, and the people that just don't give a F'k. smile.gif
2 cents
Chris
dgage and jbrown15 like this.
post #129 of 133 Old 02-20-2014, 05:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryWV View Post

Most consumers buy a product based on Quality, Performance, and value. These two companies simply give their customers what they pay for. This turns into happily satisfied customers who come on these forums to share their experience and emotion with others. Like minded people who share the same interests tend to post on the same handful of threads. Nothing special just the way the threads are organized.

An interesting social science thesis would be "Why all the Haters of this unique niche of ID company products."
If anything the AVS forum is the cult and we all become members from the first post. Out of all the people I know most consider this audio interest to be an obsession. We as audio enthusiasts are in the minority. Most customers of these companies do not read AVS or post anything. They buy their product and enjoy it.

Big speakers with Huge dynamics, a wide soundstage, ultra clean clarity, that sound just as good at low volumes as they do when someone is pouring the coal to them with a ton of watts at high volumes is not for everyone. For the ones who are interested JTR and Seaton are a good place to start.

No cult just people that are happy, people that suck, and the people that just don't give a F'k. smile.gif
2 cents
Chris

Well put....

I am very pleased that I took a "gamble" on JTR speakers a little over a year ago. For the first time in several years, I am extremely pleased with my overall system. smile.gif
post #130 of 133 Old 02-20-2014, 05:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 1173
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryWV View Post

Most consumers buy a product based on Quality, Performance, and value.
If that was the case no one would buy Bose. rolleyes.gif
Most people buy based on looks and price. It's only those who's level of research goes deeper than reading a Best Buy flyer who consider ID products. Since those people are very likely to use resources such as this site when doing their research it should come as no surprise that satisfied buyers would use this same site to voice their satisfaction.
jbrown15 likes this.

Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design

The Laws of Physics aren't swayed by opinion.
post #131 of 133 Old 02-20-2014, 06:26 AM
FMW
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 617
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Fitzmaurice View Post

If that was the case no one would buy Bose. rolleyes.gif
Most people buy based on looks and price. Don't forget marketing. And sadly, those who have an interest in audio often buy based on what magazine and internet reviewers write..
post #132 of 133 Old 05-09-2014, 10:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 84
I think BOSE are the best... Way better then JTR or Seaton... biggrin.gif
post #133 of 133 Old 05-09-2014, 11:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 275
I have met both Mark and Jeff P a few times and both great guys that build great products. I will say for starters that I don't think either are more popular than the other as both are mentioned together regularly. Each one build a different product that pretty much appeases to the same crowd. I have heard Marks stuff and Jeff's stuff and love them both.
Reply Speakers

Tags
Jtr

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page