Why are JTR speakers more popular than Seaton Sound speakers? - Page 5 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!



Forum Jump: 
 2Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #121 of 134 Old 02-19-2014, 01:10 PM
Senior Member
 
Romans828's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Naboo
Posts: 257
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romans828 View Post
 

Looks like the JTR website is down. Hopefully they are creating a new site that gives them a more professional image. I know that they are small and don't want to grow too quickly... but bet they have lost a lot of business due to their poor web site and missed phone calls/emails. 

Nope...the "old" one is back up....

Romans828 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #122 of 134 Old 02-19-2014, 01:40 PM
AVS Special Member
 
pocoloco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,064
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
The bigger question is why are JTR and Seaton so frequently mentioned devoid of the numerous other brands out there. Discussion forums lend itself to cult followings of particular brands. Could make for an interesting social science thesis. Just sayin.
SyntheticShrimp likes this.
pocoloco is offline  
post #123 of 134 Old 02-19-2014, 02:05 PM
AVS Special Member
 
countryWV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Huntington West Virginia
Posts: 1,946
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 405 Post(s)
Liked: 579
Heres the closet thing to a website you can get smile.gif http://jtrspeakers.com/

JTR speakers is Jeff P. There is No they.wink.gif

If he is not answering the phone its b/c he is building speakers. He still hand builds every XO that goes in his products.

His prices reflect a give and trade with not answering e-mails and phone calls in a timely matter.

Good Luck
Chris

Chris
countryWV is offline  
post #124 of 134 Old 02-19-2014, 05:21 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Frohlich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 3,278
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1046 Post(s)
Liked: 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocoloco View Post

The bigger question is why are JTR and Seaton so frequently mentioned devoid of the numerous other brands out there. Discussion forums lend itself to cult followings of particular brands. Could make for an interesting social science thesis. Just sayin.

I agree, JTR and Seaton speakers mentioned in a thread about JTR and Seaton speakers. CRAZY!!!! I hope the Paradigm thread doesn't mention Paradigm speakers too often....that would be troubling!!! And while we are at it, why do people discuss HT in an HT forum....way not more talk about unicorns and bigfoot. Just saying.
Geoff4RFC likes this.
Frohlich is offline  
post #125 of 134 Old 02-19-2014, 05:52 PM
AVS Special Member
 
pocoloco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,064
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frohlich View Post

I agree, JTR and Seaton speakers mentioned in a thread about JTR and Seaton speakers. CRAZY!!!! I hope the Paradigm thread doesn't mention Paradigm speakers too often....that would be troubling!!! And while we are at it, why do people discuss HT in an HT forum....way not more talk about unicorns and bigfoot. Just saying.

Says the man with JTR speakers... rolleyes.gif
pocoloco is offline  
post #126 of 134 Old 02-19-2014, 08:45 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jbrown15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver B.C.
Posts: 8,559
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2521 Post(s)
Liked: 1985
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocoloco View Post

Says the man with JTR speakers... rolleyes.gif

Are you purposely trying to be a troll? rolleyes.gif

If you don't have any experience with either Seaton or JTR speakers move along.
Geoff4RFC likes this.
jbrown15 is offline  
post #127 of 134 Old 02-19-2014, 10:07 PM
AVS Special Member
 
pocoloco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,064
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post

Are you purposely trying to be a troll? rolleyes.gif

If you don't have any experience with either Seaton or JTR speakers move along.

Sure thing boss. Thanks for putting my ass in line.
pocoloco is offline  
post #128 of 134 Old 02-20-2014, 05:12 AM
AVS Special Member
 
countryWV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Huntington West Virginia
Posts: 1,946
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 405 Post(s)
Liked: 579
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocoloco View Post

The bigger question is why are JTR and Seaton so frequently mentioned devoid of the numerous other brands out there. Discussion forums lend itself to cult followings of particular brands. Could make for an interesting social science thesis. Just sayin.
Most consumers buy a product based on Quality, Performance, and value. These two companies simply give their customers what they pay for. This turns into happily satisfied customers who come on these forums to share their experience and emotion with others. Like minded people who share the same interests tend to post on the same handful of threads. Nothing special just the way the threads are organized.

An interesting social science thesis would be "Why all the Haters of this unique niche of ID company products."
If anything the AVS forum is the cult and we all become members from the first post. Out of all the people I know most consider this audio interest to be an obsession. We as audio enthusiasts are in the minority. Most customers of these companies do not read AVS or post anything. They buy their product and enjoy it.

Big speakers with Huge dynamics, a wide soundstage, ultra clean clarity, that sound just as good at low volumes as they do when someone is pouring the coal to them with a ton of watts at high volumes is not for everyone. For the ones who are interested JTR and Seaton are a good place to start.

No cult just people that are happy, people that suck, and the people that just don't give a F'k. smile.gif
2 cents
Chris
dgage and jbrown15 like this.

Chris
countryWV is offline  
post #129 of 134 Old 02-20-2014, 05:24 AM
AVS Special Member
 
COACH2369's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 2,384
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 489 Post(s)
Liked: 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryWV View Post


Most consumers buy a product based on Quality, Performance, and value. These two companies simply give their customers what they pay for. This turns into happily satisfied customers who come on these forums to share their experience and emotion with others. Like minded people who share the same interests tend to post on the same handful of threads. Nothing special just the way the threads are organized.

An interesting social science thesis would be "Why all the Haters of this unique niche of ID company products."
If anything the AVS forum is the cult and we all become members from the first post. Out of all the people I know most consider this audio interest to be an obsession. We as audio enthusiasts are in the minority. Most customers of these companies do not read AVS or post anything. They buy their product and enjoy it.

Big speakers with Huge dynamics, a wide soundstage, ultra clean clarity, that sound just as good at low volumes as they do when someone is pouring the coal to them with a ton of watts at high volumes is not for everyone. For the ones who are interested JTR and Seaton are a good place to start.

No cult just people that are happy, people that suck, and the people that just don't give a F'k. smile.gif
2 cents
Chris

Well put....

I am very pleased that I took a "gamble" on JTR speakers a little over a year ago. For the first time in several years, I am extremely pleased with my overall system. smile.gif
COACH2369 is offline  
post #130 of 134 Old 02-20-2014, 05:31 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Bill Fitzmaurice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 13,418
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 3739
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryWV View Post

Most consumers buy a product based on Quality, Performance, and value.
If that was the case no one would buy Bose. rolleyes.gif
Most people buy based on looks and price. It's only those who's level of research goes deeper than reading a Best Buy flyer who consider ID products. Since those people are very likely to use resources such as this site when doing their research it should come as no surprise that satisfied buyers would use this same site to voice their satisfaction.
jbrown15 likes this.

Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design

The Laws of Physics aren't swayed by opinion.
Bill Fitzmaurice is offline  
post #131 of 134 Old 02-20-2014, 06:26 AM
FMW
AVS Special Member
 
FMW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,577
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1652 Post(s)
Liked: 1674
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Fitzmaurice View Post

If that was the case no one would buy Bose. rolleyes.gif
Most people buy based on looks and price. Don't forget marketing. And sadly, those who have an interest in audio often buy based on what magazine and internet reviewers write..
FMW is offline  
post #132 of 134 Old 05-09-2014, 10:03 AM
AVS Special Member
 
SOWK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: WI
Posts: 4,499
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 331 Post(s)
Liked: 204
I think BOSE are the best... Way better then JTR or Seaton... biggrin.gif
SOWK is offline  
post #133 of 134 Old 05-09-2014, 11:19 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Reefdvr27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cape May, NJ (South Jersey)
Posts: 4,334
Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1525 Post(s)
Liked: 1005
I have met both Mark and Jeff P a few times and both great guys that build great products. I will say for starters that I don't think either are more popular than the other as both are mentioned together regularly. Each one build a different product that pretty much appeases to the same crowd. I have heard Marks stuff and Jeff's stuff and love them both.
Reefdvr27 is offline  
post #134 of 134 Old 05-10-2016, 08:51 AM
Member
 
gibroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 145
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOWK View Post
I think BOSE are the best... Way better then JTR or Seaton...
I just **** my pants.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
gibroni is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Speakers

Tags
Jtr

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off