Wireless speaker suggestions? Was leaning towards Dynaudio XEO3 not anymore...room issues... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 01-13-2013, 06:26 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I'm looking for reasonably priced wireless speaker options. I was leaning towards the Dynaudio XEO3's because of their fantastic sound qualities. However, my downstairs living area is an acoustical mess. As a result, I'm focusing on "quality" in the theater room and downstairs I want something decent but it doesn't have to be great.

Ideally if I could buy additional speakers or pairs and link them together, that could be a great benefit. I'll also lug these in and out on occasion when we've got friends over. Our back porch is quite large and great for entertaining. So having the same music in the living room and the back porch could be good.

Additionally, if I could serve music directly off my laptop (PC) or my phone (android) to the system that would be another huge benefit. I welcome everyone's thoughts and recommendations on this matter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-13-2013, 06:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 63
you could always add some inexpensive acoustic treatments to your room which would be good for any speaker youre going to put into that "acoustical mess". even "lesser" speakers will suffer from poor room acoustics. here are some acoustic companies that should have decent prices and sell direct.
http://www.atsacoustics.com/
http://www.acoustimac.com/acoustic-panels/dmd-acoustic-panels/

as far as other speakers you could also look into, Aperion has some wireless speakers that I believe can do 5 channels.

Dynaudio Focus 260s, Focus 210C, DM 2/6, Hsu VTF2 MK4, Oppo BDP-103,
Naim Nait XS-2, Jolida FX Tube DAC, Integra DTR-40.2, 55" Panasonic Plasma
post #3 of 5 Old 01-13-2013, 06:49 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by callas01 View Post

you could always add some inexpensive acoustic treatments to your room which would be good for any speaker youre going to put into that "acoustical mess". even "lesser" speakers will suffer from poor room acoustics. here are some acoustic companies that should have decent prices and sell direct.
http://www.atsacoustics.com/
http://www.acoustimac.com/acoustic-panels/dmd-acoustic-panels/

as far as other speakers you could also look into, Aperion has some wireless speakers that I believe can do 5 channels.
Acoustic treatments aren't happening downstairs. Been down that road with the wife.

The point is, the Dynaudio stuff is great but at 2grand in a far from ideal room, my capital is better deployed upstairs.

Aperion makes some decent stuff, do you have any experience with their wireless options?
post #4 of 5 Old 01-13-2013, 06:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6SpeedTA95 View Post

Acoustic treatments aren't happening downstairs. Been down that road with the wife.

The point is, the Dynaudio stuff is great but at 2grand in a far from ideal room, my capital is better deployed upstairs.

Aperion makes some decent stuff, do you have any experience with their wireless options?

I dont have any acoustics up yet either. my speakers are very far from side walls, but even as such, Im just getting the wife to buy into acoustic treatments for when we can move from here to our next home... its taken a long while to get her to agree, still not sure she is totally sold.

I have no experience with Aperion at all. there home theater magazine review was pretty positive tho. They have a 30 trial period and I believe they pay for return shipping. might be worth calling or emailing them for more info.

Dynaudio Focus 260s, Focus 210C, DM 2/6, Hsu VTF2 MK4, Oppo BDP-103,
Naim Nait XS-2, Jolida FX Tube DAC, Integra DTR-40.2, 55" Panasonic Plasma
post #5 of 5 Old 01-13-2013, 07:41 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by callas01 View Post

I dont have any acoustics up yet either. my speakers are very far from side walls, but even as such, Im just getting the wife to buy into acoustic treatments for when we can move from here to our next home... its taken a long while to get her to agree, still not sure she is totally sold.

I have no experience with Aperion at all. there home theater magazine review was pretty positive tho. They have a 30 trial period and I believe they pay for return shipping. might be worth calling or emailing them for more info.

Thanks man smile.gif

Reading this morning, Samsung has a decent setup it seems...but I'm more interested in this company called Sonos. Seems like they've got a wireless system that is pretty legit and I can add speakers (as I mentioned in my first post) could also place a speaker in the master BR as well. They also have a wireless sub that would meet the WAF.
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page