Klipsch KHO-7 outdoor speaker as a surround speaker in 7.1 setup - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-13-2013, 09:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi everybody!

My wife does not want large boxes on the ceiling in the 7.1 setup - I mean 2 surround and 2 back speakers. I looked for small white bookshelf speakers and did not find anything good. Maybe Monitor Audio Radius HD but they are so small that I can't imagine that they will play better than plastic computer speakers.

So I found Klipsch KHO-7 outdoor speaker and it looks like a good deal for price and technical details.

But because they are outdoor and I never found a good review for these speakers I am doubting whether these speakers would be not a good choice for surrounds/backs in HT. My setup will be something like Onkyo 818 and about $1000 for fronts/center - nothing HiEnd but not very cheap.

Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-13-2013, 10:24 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by brovacar View Post

Hi everybody!

My wife does not want large boxes on the ceiling in the 7.1 setup - I mean 2 surround and 2 back speakers. I looked for small white bookshelf speakers and did not find anything good. Maybe Monitor Audio Radius HD but they are so small that I can't imagine that they will play better than plastic computer speakers.

So I found Klipsch KHO-7 outdoor speaker and it looks like a good deal for price and technical details.

But because they are outdoor and I never found a good review for these speakers I am doubting whether these speakers would be not a good choice for surrounds/backs in HT. My setup will be something like Onkyo 818 and about $1000 for fronts/center - nothing HiEnd but not very cheap.

Thank you!
Well the problem is surrounds are not large boxes. You have to explain to her, if you want a true 7.1 set up then you will have real speakers. I mean you can be gay and go the bose way lol, and then you will have your small. But honestly, surrounds are not big at all. You can go to the local best buy and see the b &w speakers and there surrounds are quite nice about a fot long buy 9 or 10 inches high. The fact of the matter is if you really want to have a home theater and are going to drop a grand on lcr speakars and dont want to go cheap then then get something decent. Klipsch has nice surrounds that are real and not these fake out door speakers. And the fact is DO YOU want real speakers or do you want to give in and have lady speakrs on the wall, maybe does with some doilyes around the out side lol. I could not resist . But if you are goign to put the time and money in they get somethign worth while,, done cheap out on anything. Would you go to a movie theater if they have bose for there surround system? That answers your question right there.
post #3 of 3 Old 01-13-2013, 11:13 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalguy View Post

Well the problem is surrounds are not large boxes. You have to explain to her, if you want a true 7.1 set up then you will have real speakers. I mean you can be gay and go the bose way lol, and then you will have your small. But honestly, surrounds are not big at all. You can go to the local best buy and see the b &w speakers and there surrounds are quite nice about a fot long buy 9 or 10 inches high. The fact of the matter is if you really want to have a home theater and are going to drop a grand on lcr speakars and dont want to go cheap then then get something decent. Klipsch has nice surrounds that are real and not these fake out door speakers. And the fact is DO YOU want real speakers or do you want to give in and have lady speakrs on the wall, maybe does with some doilyes around the out side lol. I could not resist . But if you are goign to put the time and money in they get somethign worth while,, done cheap out on anything. Would you go to a movie theater if they have bose for there surround system? That answers your question right there.

metalguy, thank you for an answer. Of course I don't want something really bad like plastic speakers or bose. Right now I have a Jamo HSC3 set and surround speakers like these

They sound pretty well but if I put FOUR of them on the ceiling on the ceiling mounts that would look really stupid. Because KLIPSCH would not make bad speakers I wonder if the outdoor KHO-7 is so much worse any other mid-level bookshelf/surround speaker that it would make my HT experience bad enough to notice a difference. Plus let's take into account how much and what kind of sound information is passed through surround/back speakers. I would not put KHO-7 on center of course, but something tells me that they are not so bad to put on surround/back speakers. I never listened to these speakers and it would be great if someone who already has them tells how they play indoor.
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page