Advice for speaker package + placement of subwoofer - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-14-2013, 10:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi everyone,

I am about to get a speaker package and I have a couple of questions. I am in Canada so I am quite limited in terms of what I can get at an affordable price.

1) Right now it seems like I could get the Energy RC-Micro 5.1 set for a little more than $300. I am inclined to do so based on reviews (listening to compare these systems would be impossible).

The Take Classics would run me close to $500. I originally wanted these, but based on the price difference, I am now not so sure. They seem like a sure bet, but more often than not, people say the micros are just as good.

I could also get the Polk Blackstone TL150 (no subwoofer) for $250. The T2s are likely too expensive for me.

This set-up would be for a very small living room (12 x 15 feet), that opens onto a small dining room on one side. On the other side of the wall where my Media setup would be is my toddler's room. So, I would normally be watching/listening at low volumes.

I would want something for 50% music, and 50% movies (where I favour dialogue clarity over anything else).

Something else to know is that we have a family with very young children living directly below our apartment. Sound passes through very easily. So I am not interested in a large subwoofer.

Thanks for your help,

León
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-16-2013, 09:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Bump.

I removed one of the questions I had above and took it to another thread. I think I had asked too much above. Hopefully I can get some advice.
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page