Recommend any budget, noise cancelling headphones? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-16-2013, 10:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Didn't see a headphone forum so hopefully this is where this belongs...

We're going on a vacation in a couple weeks and bring along our phones, tablet, etc so the kids have things to play with. Last time we did that, they couldn't hear to watch any of their movies because the plane noise was so loud.

Can anyone recommend any CHEAP AS POSSIBLE noise cancelling headphones that would work well on a plane? Can be battery powered or whatever as long as they work.

Also, for a different use, we have a portable DVD Player that they use in the car. The DVD Player has crappy sound and is very quiet. Even when it's quiet, it's hard to hear. Are there any cheap headphones that have a volume built inline to them? Or any sort of inline adapter I can put in between the DVD Player and their regular headphones?

Thanks,
Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-16-2013, 02:27 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=108&cp_id=10823&cs_id=1082706&p_id=10010&seq=1&format=2

I would check these out. Looks like they should be available within the next few weeks. Very low priced. I've been fortunate to hear these, and they sound great. I would take a look.
post #3 of 3 Old 01-17-2013, 08:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 34
I have a couple of pair of Sony MDR-NC40. I got them on clearance from Target for under $30. I sought them out for the same reason, I couldn't hear my movies through my other headphones because of the drone of the engines. Some people have complained that they don't completely block out noise like higher priced models. They aren't soundproof and I can still hear the engines however the headphones let me clearly hear my own device which is what I wanted.
Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page