Promonitor 1000 vs. Bookshelf Speaker - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 01-17-2013, 11:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My surround in my living room includes 4 promonitor 1000's. I've got 2 for surround and 2 more for my front left and right. First off, would they be considered bookshelf speakers? Where my speakers sit is basically a shelf and not that the promonitors look bad, but I think some bookshelf looking speakers might look better there. How does the performance of the promonitor 1000 compare to a good set of bookshelf speakers? We all want to upgrade eventually and I'm trying to figure out what my next step is.

Thanks for any help and have a good day!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-17-2013, 12:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Yes, Those are bookshelf speakers. And those are halfway decent bookshelf speakers. 200 peak watts, 91db sensitivity (good for a bookshelf), rated down to 42hz (again, quite good for a bookshelf). All in all not bad. The question I have is this: Do you like how they sound? If the answer is yes, forget about how they look and keep them. Speakers are for producing sound, looks are a secondary (IMO a tertiary) consideration.

Stand tall and shake the heavens...
post #3 of 4 Old 01-17-2013, 12:10 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Oh I love my speakers, I've just not had the opportunity to compare them to many others because I'm the only guy I know that's into this stuff and I live kind of far from my nearest chance to sample some more speakers in a showroom. Dallas is my nearest city and it's 3 hours.
post #4 of 4 Old 01-17-2013, 01:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Nothing wrong with wanting to compare to other speakers. I do it as often as possible (which isn't very often but I try) because if I find something out there that I like better in my price range I would have no problem upgrading.

The only thing I could tell you for auditioning speakers is to purchase from an internet seller with a very good return policy. Order speakers from them, try them out at home and return them if you don't like the sound. There are a lot of people who do this sort of thing, so it can work.
Rasta Linus likes this.

Stand tall and shake the heavens...
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page