Rookie Mistake help required - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 01-18-2013, 01:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey everyone, very new to the audiophile world, but did,do some diligent research before buying my speakers. Currently, I have onkyo tx-nr709 powering my front speakers B&W683s (got them brand new for $375 each, couldn't pass it) and have them bi-amped through the receiver as to give them the required power. Now here's where I've made my fatal error. I bought a klipsch center channel BC it was another great deal and I didn't buy one of the hire end klipshes either, it's the C-10. Furthermore my connection that I was able to get these speakers from cant get me the hook up that she used to and I'm stuck b/w a rock and a hard place. Don't get me wrong it doesn't sound terrible together, but there is a noticeable difference in sound quality between the BW and the Klipsch. Before I bite the bullet and drop about the same cash on a center channel as I did for both floor speakers, I wanted to really do my research and I have read very mixed reviews about the 600 series center channel from BW.
Now after giving u my life story finally comes the questions. Does anyone have experience with the 600 series center and the CM series center from B&W? If so, and recommendations or reviews on them? Is it absolutely vital to have brand matching floors and center, or is it ok to have matching materials... ie the BW are Kevlar and my Klipsch is cone so the hi frequencies just sound sooo sooo much different. Thanks for the help, I appreciate your knowledge.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-18-2013, 01:52 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
The HTM61 is the matching center channel to the 683 front speakers. These are designed to work together and timber match by design. I would recommend departing from the klipsch. Front stage should always match. Rears can go a different direction generally, but that is a more personal preference deal. In the end, you and you alone are the one listening to YOUR system, so if you like the way it sounds, keep it....but is sounds like you will always have that doubt in the back of your mind if you stick with the Klipsch. Either way, enjoy your new toys!!!!biggrin.gif

http://www.hometheater.com/content/bw-683-surround-speaker-system

Daniel

post #3 of 5 Old 01-18-2013, 02:04 AM

Liked: 19
Yeah, fleabay the Klipsch and grab the center. If you can notice the difference, it's going to bother you forever.
post #4 of 5 Old 01-18-2013, 02:10 AM

Liked: 11
I agree that the timbre matching is very important when it comes to the front soundstage of your speakers. I would try and listen to the HTM61 if it is at all possible. Klipsch and B&W couldn't be any more further apart in the texture and tone of sound they produce. Most B&W speakers tend to come off with a warmer sound. But you definitely need to demo the HTM centers if you can.
post #5 of 5 Old 01-19-2013, 12:13 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Thanks for the help guys. Kinda kicking myself in the ass for not just getting all the B&W together. I listened too the sets differently and the Klipsch sounded great in the store, and matched with other Klipsch speakers would be great, but the sound from the BW is just so much warmer and cleaner than the Klipsch. #firstworldproblems...lol
Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page