what kind of speaker connector is this? - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2013, 09:17 PM - Thread Starter
sniipy's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Perth
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I recently acquired a B&O beocenter 5000 for the speakers that come with it. The speaker leads have two pins on the end and I want to know what type of connector this is so I start looking into getting an adapter for them to convert to 1/4" jacks.
sniipy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2013, 09:20 PM
AVS Addicted Member
afrogt's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 23,809
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 452 Post(s)
Liked: 467
A picture would help...

Afro GT
afrogt is offline  
Old 01-19-2013, 10:44 PM
gregzoll's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,524
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 32
It would be a Bang & Olufsen proprietary connector. It was only a 40 watt system, even though the Beovox S55 were rated at 55w RMS. So really those speakers would be worthless, unless you are going to use them for a computer. And at over 30 years in age, I would have to say that they may not work anymore, especially if the cones & surrounds are dried out.

These are the connectors that were used on the Bang & Olufsen speakers. http://www.oaktreevintage.com/parts/speaker/B&O_Bang-Olufsen_speaker_plugs_jacks_replacment.htm
gregzoll is offline  
Thread Tools

Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off