Atlantic 8200 7.2 System - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 01-20-2013, 09:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I currently have a complete 8200e system on order, however it has been backordered for some time... It's a US company however apparently the "dock strikes" are slowing down a shipment further delaying my order... I guess these days its pretty typical this stuff is manufactured offshore. I just sorta hoped it wasn't; especially since its a flagship model...

In any event I have now been given more time to look at other models, brands and frankly there are just too many options on the market to absorb. I have not personally heard the 8200's, I am simply going by a friend that I trusts reccomendation and older online articles... There are no dealers with Atlantic in showrooms here... Meanwhile I have listened to Martin Logan, Definitive Tech, B&W and Klipsch... Also read about about Golden Ear and KEF... Reviewing units in the same league as the 8200, however nothing "moves me" yet I am also getting a little antsy to one get a fricken "tracking number" and I am getting nervous that I even made the best choice. The 8200's have existed for near 10yrs now with an update in 2007... I feel like the day after I get them they will already be old technology or be discontinued a month later... I desire BIG Clean sound for music and movies and the looks or size of the cabinets do not bother me... Any recommendations? Shall I just be patent as these are truly worth the wait and investment or would you look at so other more current options?? Thanks for any input!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-20-2013, 10:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 258
I wouldn't worry to much about "old technology", lol.

I have a pair of Vandersteen 3A speakers which are 20 years old, and I recently tried to find some speakers that sounded as good for a second home (no space for 16-inch wide speakers in my new home), with very limited success.

After listening to many many speakers, and doing research like crazy, I FINALLY found the speaker that sounds the best (for under $5000).

I have them now and absolutely love them.

They are the Gallo Acoustics CL-3 speakers, and they are incredibly good-sounding; very close to equaling the sound quality of my Vandersteens.

The amazing thing is that they are half the size and half the price of my Vandersteens, and put out as much sound. It is very hard to believe, and it is absolutely true. I was prepared to pay up to $5000 or so, and these only cost $1600 !!!

You can call Gallo and get a pair of these for a 60-day FREE home trial, and once you do I very much doubt whether they will need to pay the return shipping...lol. You can listen to them while you wait.

I suggest that you read the article on them from The Absolute Sound. They have some unique design features that make them ideal for me, and you may also be interested.

There is also an article on a 5.1 Gallo system you can read at avguide.com
post #3 of 4 Old 01-20-2013, 10:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 101
I have at's older system 450e which they claim is similar to their 6200 system. If that's true...oh boy you are in for a treat! Wait it out! Oh and id say go with an internet direct sub instead.

No subwoofer I've heard has been able to produce the bass I've experienced in the Corps!

Must..stop...buying...every bluray release...
post #4 of 4 Old 01-20-2013, 10:59 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks for your reply's guys! Patience to wait when you are ready to drop $5k plus on a new toy is always difficult...

I am impressed with recommendation the Gallo Acoustics CL-3's... I think I would look at the CL-4's just for the height increase if nothing else... The Reference series is unbelievable looking, however out of my league... Great reviews... More options to consider now...
Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page