Who has replaced Swan Towers? What did you go to? What are the pro's/con's? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 01-22-2013, 04:34 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
All I'm waiting on is for our house to sell and I'll be ready to buy some new front mains. I'll probably wait and do the center channel at a later time.

I'm replacing my Swan Diva 5.1's and was hoping some others who had been through similar replacement could chime in on what they got, why, and how it compares.

There are several options I'm looking at. Salk's SCST's, Ascend Sierra Tower with the RAAL upgrade and the PSB Imagine T2's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-22-2013, 06:05 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 58
I've heard the Swan's, but the 6.1's, and I directly compared them to some other speakers including the Salk SongTowers (this was a blind test). All three speakers that you listed will be an upgrade in my opinion. How much of an upgrade is something only you can decide, though.

My journey to find the "perfect" speaker
Dr. Olive's Blog

No matter what measurements tell us, a loudspeaker isn’t good until it
sounds good. - Dr. Floyd Toole
post #3 of 5 Old 01-22-2013, 06:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 239
I suggest that you check out the article at avguide.com on the Gallo Classico speaker system.

You can buy the Gallo Acoustics 5.0 speaker setup for around $3000, and it is the best I have heard for under $6000; incredible speakers at an incredibly good factory-direct price.

These are unique and remarkable speakers.

The tweeter is a Gallo design that is revolutionary and excellent.

If you just want two main speakers, a pair of CL-3 speakers is only $1600, with a 60-day free trial period.

I have them and am in love with them...lol.
post #4 of 5 Old 01-22-2013, 09:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I've replaced Swans 6.1s, but going in the other direction (downgrading). In my small dedicated room (15 x 18) I went from 6.1s + C3 to 2.1s + C3 (moved the 2.1s from the back to the front and installed Sonance THX-SUR in-wall surrounds) and honestly didn't miss much... listening was 99% HT with a very competent sub (Ascendant Avalanche 12" in 6.5 cuft tuned to 18 hz), so the 6.1s were likely overkill to begin with.

Now that the dedicated room is being converted to a multi-use family/play room I'm downgrading again, this time replacing the 2.1s and C3 with Sonance THX-LCR in-walls behind an AT screen... trying to eliminate big top-heavy items that can tip over and kill toddlers/infants. Again, for 99% HT listening and with the same competent sub, the negative impact to overall enjoyment is negligible... the sound-stage is a bit narrower, but I think that has more to do with placement than the speakers themselves.

post #5 of 5 Old 01-22-2013, 10:46 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by commsysman View Post

I suggest that you check out the article at avguide.com on the Gallo Classico speaker system.

You can buy the Gallo Acoustics 5.0 speaker setup for around $3000, and it is the best I have heard for under $6000; incredible speakers at an incredibly good factory-direct price.

These are unique and remarkable speakers.

The tweeter is a Gallo design that is revolutionary and excellent.

If you just want two main speakers, a pair of CL-3 speakers is only $1600, with a 60-day free trial period.

I have them and am in love with them...lol.
Wow thanks man. I will read up tonight. The one article I read was quite positive
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page