VR960 auto on amp. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-25-2013, 09:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Good day every one. I don't know but hope it has not been asked before. My question is if anyone has trouble with the auto on switch on the amp in the VR960 floor standing speakers. They will try to start or turn on but just produce static and noise untill a large enough signal or voltage is sean by the VR690 amp. These I have had from new in 1998 and have had all these years of flawless use with HT and audio. So far I have not been able to find info or layout of the Pc board as to what to look for and fix. Thanks for any info are guidance.
1toolguy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-26-2013, 07:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Some subwoofer amps will have reliability problems with the auto-on switch after several years (or months in some very unreliable models). Some individuals who have had them repaired indicated that a capacitor had to be replaced in the auto-on circuit. Electrolytic capacitors can deteriorate with age and heat. If you are merely replacing a capacitor, you just need it specifications so that you can purchase another at Radio Shack or one of the online vendors such as Parts Express. You would not need the circuit diagram. Many manufacturers consider the circuit diagrams for their amps to be proprietary information. You could check with the manufacturer if they would give you the circuit diagram for the auto-on switch. A couple of individuals have replaced the auto-on switch with a simple on-off switch.
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page