Hifi system for parents/Better solution than Bose Lifestyle 135? - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 32 Old 01-28-2013, 02:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 953
fwiw, just wondering your reasoning of why you purchased a $1000 avr to run aset of satalite speakers and a not so good sub although it was free you could of saved your self $700 and got a great sub

i'm so laid back,i'm laid out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 32 Old 11-01-2013, 05:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

I want to know what you think of the new system?  I am a bose owner and have been for the past decade and I paid for it.....but, I have never been to a friends house who had a system that rivaled mine.  I may have paid some for the name, but I feel that the sound is inferior to the majority of surround systems even though it shouldnt cost as much.  I believe I could buy something that comes close for a fraction of the cost, but im not convinced i could find better.  Here is why: I have had my 5 speaker lifestyle system for over 10 years and its still amazing!!!! I had a speaker go out on me I called bose, they replaced it, I had another that my kid broke, I called bose, they replaced it.  In fact, I practically have a new set of speakers that I havent had to pay for.  They have a lifetime warranty on their products, no questions asked.  I also hav e 3-2-1 system for my room, which is perfect got in on sale for 350 (half the normal price).  I am in a new house and dont have space for any rear speakers period, due to the layout.  the 135 looks to be perfect and I can shop on the military base and pay much less, this brings me back to my question, are you happy with the new system you have over the bose?  if bose wasnt so expensive would it be more comparable? If there is something better for what I need (something completely wireless that sits on a fireplace mantal and has a unit with a dock that we can plug all other electronics into in a cupboard, away from the TV and sound bar) then I will seriously look into it.

Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page