Best Buy Infuriates Me. - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 114 Old 03-06-2013, 12:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Yes their is a separate Magnolia Av store in my area, but it is attached to the BB store at Perimeter location in Atlanta. You still have to go into the BB to get to the Magnolia AV, but the Magnolia is not the same as BB Magnolia. This one carries B&W 800 series, Martin Logan high end, Michintosh, Sonus Faber, and the new Sony 4K 84" inch LCD. I go to this store only occasionally, but only because it is so far out of my way. In fact I would prefer this location to all the rest of the BB Magnolia locations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonyad View Post

What's the nightmare about reward zone? You know what's interesting, for the past couple of months people can rack up FREE points using the rewards zone facebook app. First it was 25 points per daily poll, now it's 10 points. There are a couple of other activity where you can gather points. As you can imagine people would complain because they had to spend 30 seconds taking a poll to get free points. When the points when from 25 to 10, the next round of whiners started crying. Unbelievable.

I agree no nightmare here. I will try the facebok app. As far as Reward Zone and Best Buy in general I noticed that my local stores attitude toward me changed when I showed them I a Premier Silver member. One of the local associates refused to take back a bad copy of Skyfall on BR disc. All I wanted was another a copy, not a refund. The associate started down that path of accusing me of damaging the disc, until he saw my receipt and Reward Zone status. Oddly his attitude changed immediately. He went straight to the back and got another associate to help me find another copy on the floor.

As for the Magnolia sections in Best Buy they range from decent to good, to very good at one store. I find that many of the BB Magnolia associates are far more aggressive pushing the service plans than the rest of the stores departments. This is more of an annoyance than anything else though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 114 Old 03-06-2013, 12:41 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 27
The only real problem I have is the customer service area. 20 blue shirts hanging around with nary a one to attend to returns or store pickup.
post #93 of 114 Old 03-06-2013, 12:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: In my home theater ( when I'm not rock climbing, cycling or kayaking ) - Sacramento CA area
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 221
When you get tired of BB, try us here at AVS for speakers / recievers etc. We don't push service plans ( we don't offer any ) !! smile.gifsmile.gif

Craig Peer, AV Science Sales. Direct Line - 585-671-2972
I'm available 8:30am - 4:30pm PST, Monday - Friday Email me at craig@avscience.com
http://shop.avscience.com/
Yes, we sell Home Theater gear right here at AVS !!
JVC, Sony, Epson, DPI, SV Sound, Martin Logan, RBH, Klipsch, and many more!
post #94 of 114 Old 03-06-2013, 01:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Peer View Post

When you get tired of BB, try us here at AVS for speakers / recievers etc. We don't push service plans ( we don't offer any ) !! smile.gifsmile.gif

Do you offer free in home trial and pay return shipping?
post #95 of 114 Old 03-06-2013, 01:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonyad View Post

What's the nightmare about reward zone? You know what's interesting, for the past couple of months people can rack up FREE points using the rewards zone facebook app. First it was 25 points per daily poll, now it's 10 points. There are a couple of other activity where you can gather points. As you can imagine people would complain because they had to spend 30 seconds taking a poll to get free points. When the points when from 25 to 10, the next round of whiners started crying. Unbelievable.

Reward zone points didn't work online, 1st the total was TOO high, then after calling and doing their little work around, the order was submitted,,,,,,,,,, then they emailed about a 'problem'? Problem, not on my end BB.

I called a local store to pick up the item (I was ready to buy TODAY) , they had the item, went to pick it up 1/2 later (10 miles), they said my reward points wouldn't be cleared for 2 to 3 day's. I called BB and I just as well could have talked to a support person from India...... I'm done with them. smile.gif
post #96 of 114 Old 03-06-2013, 01:36 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 27
I don't know what to say. My reward certificates work online. I do want to clarify that points take time to translate into certificates.
post #97 of 114 Old 03-06-2013, 01:37 PM
AVS Special Member

It was the morning after the big lay-off, so who knows?

Had the printed certificate in hand when went to pick up item.....
post #98 of 114 Old 03-06-2013, 02:35 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I'm not loyal to any store or dealer. If I want something right away same-day and a store has it near me at a price I'm willing to pay, I'll go there. For some items I don't mind waiting for shipping, but some items I have to see and use beforehand too. I absolutely will not ship a TV and like to be able to return/exchange it locally. I've been having better luck with Best Buy the past few years. They price matched Electonics Expo for the Denon 3311ci. Large external hard drives have been cheaper than even Newegg (what ever happened to Newegg being the cheapest? In fact I built a whole new PC from a retail PC Mictrocenter than I could of built from Newegg! That's not the norm!) I only have one Best Buy near me with a Magonlia section. It's alright, the salesmen don't breath down your neck and you can spend an hour in a demo room without being bothered by anybody. I got to demo every single pair of high end headphones and then pick a box off the shelf and go pay for it without being bothered. But on the other hand don't you hate that when you actually go to a store and want help right away it seems like every salesmen is busy or can't be found? heh. I really hate the non-Magnolia Best Buys when it comes to buying audio gear, their selections are horrid and junky stuff. The Magnolia store is so far from me (45min one way). If Best Buy retail stores go under, then what would we have? I like shopping online as much as any new age person but sometimes I want it right away and/or be able to see, play with, and demo it beforehand. I like with Best Buy that I can return any item to any Best Buy store. One time I bought a higher end Yamaha AVR that was a Magnolia item only and was allowed to return it to a smaller local store that was only 15min away instead of driving 45min one way...

I like Best Buy for the most part and would hate to see them go... I remember one night I spilled water on my brand new Microsoft Natural Ergo 4000 keyboard and they where the only place around to carry them and I couldn't even go online to order one because I didn't have a keyboard. Best Buy has saved the day (and night) for me plenty of times....
post #99 of 114 Old 03-07-2013, 04:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision-master View Post

Do you see what I see, since when does any store teach us? This is what is happening, corporate america has learned how to dictate to us. The sheeple need to learn how to say see ya......

You totally did not read what I typed. I said that retail stores, by and large, give store shelf space to items that sell the most. How is that practice dictating to "sheeple"?

"How dare you stock the items that we're most likely to buy?!?"

post #100 of 114 Old 03-07-2013, 04:55 AM
AVS Special Member

R u A SHEEPle? smile.gif

Yeah............ like they didn't even have a subwoofer splitter in stock, they routed me to guitar center arcoss the road. cool.gif -> under $6........
post #101 of 114 Old 03-07-2013, 04:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ View Post

The bold is currently what Amazon is doing/trying, getting the stuff quicker (same day shipping) to it's customers. I would love if Amazon had some 'will call' warehouses where you go and pick up your stuff after you order the product. Like Service Merchandise or Best stores of the past.

Planning, building and maintaining regional warehouses, plus staffing them, buying services vehicles to service them, fuel and service on those vehicles, figuring out how to deal with returns/exchanges onsite instead of via shipping (people will assume that a local presence for Amazon means that they can satisfy you locally ) would add operational costs that would eat into Amazon's margins to a degree that they may not want to even risk it.

post #102 of 114 Old 03-07-2013, 05:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

R u A SHEEPle? smile.gif

Yeah............ like they didn't even have a subwoofer splitter in stock, they routed me to guitar center arcoss the road. cool.gif -> under $6........

So, a specialty store had it. Not an electronics store. The price of the item has nothing to do with whether or not they stock it. Are you listening?? How many of those subwoofer splitters would that BBY store have potentially sold in a month? 1? 2?

post #103 of 114 Old 03-07-2013, 05:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsawyer09 View Post

I won't comment on the good vs bad experiences; level-headed vs emotionally charged debates here — frustration and the act of being infuriated happens in all walks of retail today...Best Buy is no exception. But insofar as matching goes, they match the following online: Amazon.com, Apple.com, Bhphotovideo.com, Buy.com, Crutchfield.com, Dell.com, Frys.com, hhgregg.com, HP.com, HomeDepot.com, Lowes.com, Newegg.com, OfficeDepot.com, OfficeMax.com, Sears.com, Staples.com, Target.com, TigerDirect.com and Walmart.com. They also match a lower price between their own stores and on BestBuy.com.

To me at least, this covers many/most of the current big-name electronics and 'home' players. It took, IMO, far too long to get there

Agreed! This move should have happened 5-6 years ago.

post #104 of 114 Old 03-07-2013, 05:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUDCAT45 View Post

Do you offer free in home trial and pay return shipping?

You give an inch.... :P

post #105 of 114 Old 03-07-2013, 06:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by [Irishman] View Post

Planning, building and maintaining regional warehouses, plus staffing them, buying services vehicles to service them, fuel and service on those vehicles, figuring out how to deal with returns/exchanges onsite instead of via shipping (people will assume that a local presence for Amazon means that they can satisfy you locally ) would add operational costs that would eat into Amazon's margins to a degree that they may not want to even risk it.
They are doing it and I will agree that all of those concerns are every retailer in this country, Amazon is not a newb in this game. Stuff arrives at Best Buy by truck, UPS, FedEx and BB uses those same people to ship stuff out to it's customers. Amazon is at least staying above the curve by trying (albeit risking, no risk no reward) and BB is behind the ball, so to speak. Amazon in CA alone is hiring 10K people to fill jobs in their regional warehouse locations. How many stores is BB closing in the US? And remember, back in the 90's Best Buy put a lot of mom & pop shops out of business just on shear volume alone. But I am glad to hear BB at least addressing concerns, a little late, and maybe too late.

I like AVS sales too, they helped me pick out a screen for my needs and I ordered one from them. Quick, simple and I was happy with the results.

October HorrorFest Participant
post #106 of 114 Old 03-07-2013, 06:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

R u A SHEEPle? smile.gif

Are you referring to a RCA "Y" adapter. If so, I have never visited a BB that did not have one.
post #107 of 114 Old 03-07-2013, 06:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Irishman] View Post

You give an inch.... :P

I would rather refuse the extended plan from BB than not be able to return a product without additional cost and hassle to reship.
post #108 of 114 Old 03-07-2013, 06:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

They are doing it and I will agree that all of those concerns are every retailer in this country, Amazon is not a newb in this game. Stuff arrives at Best Buy by truck, UPS, FedEx and BB uses those same people to ship stuff out to it's customers. Amazon is at least staying above the curve by trying (albeit risking, no risk no reward) and BB is behind the ball, so to speak. Amazon in CA alone is hiring 10K people to fill jobs in their regional warehouse locations. How many stores is BB closing in the US? And remember, back in the 90's Best Buy put a lot of mom & pop shops out of business just on shear volume alone. But I am glad to hear BB at least addressing concerns, a little late, and maybe too late.

I like AVS sales too, they helped me pick out a screen for my needs and I ordered one from them. Quick, simple and I was happy with the results.

Wal Mart has caused more mom and pop closings than any retailer. Closings only occur because of the shoppers and not the big retailer. If shoppers continued shopping the M&P stores the big retailers would be the ones closing.

I hate having to get all dressed up to shop Wal Mart.
post #109 of 114 Old 03-07-2013, 06:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Are you referring to a RCA "Y" adapter. If so, I have never visited a BB that did not have one.

Well you haven't been there as of late, you know they totally remodled the stores. How much did that cost and why the fook would customers care? wink.gif
post #110 of 114 Old 03-07-2013, 07:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 204
Quote:

Wal Mart has caused more mom and pop closings than any retailer. Closings only occur because of the shoppers and not the big retailer. If shoppers continued shopping the M&P stores the big retailers would be the ones closing.

I hate having to get all dressed up to shop Wal Mart.

I agree with this, but I was keeping it in the context of BB and private electronic retailers. There used to be a lot of good ones in CA back in the 90's, but when a Best Buy opens up down the street. Good luck! If you build it, they will come.

October HorrorFest Participant
post #111 of 114 Old 03-07-2013, 10:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Easy. BBY closed 50 big-box stores out of 1000, and opened 100 BBY Mobile stores, a net gain, if you do the math.

Can you document where Amazon is doing what I elaborated?

post #112 of 114 Old 03-07-2013, 10:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I would rather refuse the extended plan from BB than not be able to return a product without additional cost and hassle to reship.

If B&M stores go the way of the dodo, you can kiss preferencial treatment by online etailers goodbye as well, because they will have a monopoly, and will not HAVE to offer such dealsweeteners.

post #113 of 114 Old 03-07-2013, 11:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Location: In my home theater ( when I'm not rock climbing, cycling or kayaking ) - Sacramento CA area
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 221
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUDCAT45

If B&M stores go the way of the dodo, you can kiss preferencial treatment by online etailers to go away as well, because they will have a monopoly, and will not HAVE to offer such dealsweeteners.

Well, us folks at A V Science will always strive to give the best service, and prices. We own home theater ourselves - and love helping others build thier own home theaters. As for returning items, to be honest, most of my customers know exactly what they want before they buy, and have no reason to return anything ( defective items are replaced, obviously ).

And I don't see any home theater projectors at BB I'd be even remotely interested in owning...............eek.gif

Craig Peer, AV Science Sales. Direct Line - 585-671-2972
I'm available 8:30am - 4:30pm PST, Monday - Friday Email me at craig@avscience.com
http://shop.avscience.com/
Yes, we sell Home Theater gear right here at AVS !!
JVC, Sony, Epson, DPI, SV Sound, Martin Logan, RBH, Klipsch, and many more!
post #114 of 114 Old 03-07-2013, 04:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Peer View Post

Well, us folks at A V Science will always strive to give the best service, and prices. We own home theater ourselves - and love helping others build thier own home theaters. As for returning items, to be honest, most of my customers know exactly what they want before they buy, and have no reason to return anything ( defective items are replaced, obviously ).

And I don't see any home theater projectors at BB I'd be even remotely interested in owning...............eek.gif

I know the passion of one (1) in your group. He was gracious enough to invite me to his home. I call him a friend and hope that my response does not alter that.
I am of the old school. I still enjoy going to electronics stores and browsing and drooling. Also enjoy conversation with the employees who have a passion for audio/video. Even BB has a few employees with decent knowledge. You can't get that with inet direct (unless you get an invite as I did). Also if for any reason I am unsatisfied I can resolve the issue in a minimum of time at the store. I often buy on impulse. Damn those stores for having what I want.smile.gif

For some B&M is no more convenient than inet direct. AVS offers an excellent service for those and I wish you much success.

Mike, if you are reading this: STOCK UP THE HOME SHOWROOM AND BRANDON AND I WILL BE BACK.smile.gif
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page