Slanted 8HT's for dedicated home theater? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-27-2013, 09:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I am designing a dedicated, sound-proofed HT. I have a bunch of kids so would like to avoid speakers which could get knocked over and in-walls which may hamper my sound proofing. Jeff with JTR had suggested the triple 8HT's for my front speakers and mount them on the wall. I will probably be using the Black Diamond screen which is not AT and so thought about putting the Slanted 8HT's (7 of them) for the "7" portion of my 7.1 or 7.2 system. The thought here is that I could potentially have the center channel speaker at the same height as left and right speakers but basically pointing down toward the viewer. (I hesitate to put my center below my screen due to the fact that I will have 2 rows of chairs and don't want to have the 2nd row miss out on dialogue.)

Anyone have a similar set-up or have heard a similar set up? I have access to a couple of 15" subs and amps from a friend who used to be a D.J. I could possibly use those for my LFE or get a JTR for that as well (price may play a major role here).

Thanks for the input. (I have yet to purchase any other equipment so I have a clean slate with which to make decisions.)

Darin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-27-2013, 09:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 102
How high are we talking for your lcr?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 3 Old 01-27-2013, 10:20 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay1 View Post

How high are we talking for your lcr?

Great question. I need to do some calculations. I'm considering putting in the 110" 16:9 zero edge Black Diamond screen with the LED backlights. My ceiling height will be about 9'9" at the screen. I'm not sure how far down the upper edge of the screen will be from the ceiling. I will try to figure that out later today, but basically I'd put the speaker right above it. Ears/eyes will be about 12-13 feet from the screen for the first row.

Another thought/question I just had...if I did go with the Triple 8HT's for the fronts, would I be able to put the sides on a shelf to either side of the screen which I could have hidden by a cloth or does that completely screw up the sound? Obviously, I'm new to this sort of discussion so bare with me smile.gif

Darin
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page