Question regarding crossover setting of Energy take classic 5.1 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 01-28-2013, 06:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi All,
I have Energy Take Classic 5 pack and the channels frequency details are below.
Sat: 115Hz-20KHz;
Center: 110Hz-20KHz;
Subwoofer: 33Hz-150Hz +/- 3dB

As per owner manual crossover can be between 100 - 120 Hz and it recommends to set it at 110 Hz.
I tried 110 Hz and it was ok. But later I tried 100 Hz and it looks sound better. So If I continue to use 100 Hz am I missing any frequency ?.
How most of the energy take classic owners are setting crossover frequency . What is the better 100 Hz or 110 Hz ?

Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-28-2013, 06:54 AM

Liked: 17
Really depends. Room acoustics, speaker placement/mounting, avr, etc... What avr are you using?

I have those speakers and a denon 1713. Wall mounted. Near corners. Audyssey set mine to 80,90,80 for the fonts, center and surrounds respectively. I changed it to 120 sounds much better to me. Some will advise 150Hz as these are tiny drivers/speakers

Your sub has only a line in input.
post #3 of 5 Old 01-28-2013, 05:29 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Hi Jbdan,

Thanks for your reply. I am using Sony STR-DN1030 receiver with energy speakers. Currently I set all crossovers (Front, Center, Surround ) to 110 Hz as recommended by Energy Speaker manual. I was surprised by your Denon 1713 calibration set crossover to 80 Hz. I might be wrong but I think 80Hz may be too low for this little speakers. Let me know how you are able to see the difference in different crossover settings .

Thanks
post #4 of 5 Old 01-28-2013, 05:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyav View Post

Hi Jbdan,

Thanks for your reply. I am using Sony STR-DN1030 receiver with energy speakers. Currently I set all crossovers (Front, Center, Surround ) to 110 Hz as recommended by Energy Speaker manual. I was surprised by your Denon 1713 calibration set crossover to 80 Hz. I might be wrong but I think 80Hz may be too low for this little speakers. Let me know how you are able to see the difference in different crossover settings .

Thanks

XO's really depends on how your speakers interact with your room. My THX rated speakers are rated -3db down to 80hz yet in my room audyssey found the F3 at 110hz.

No subwoofer I've heard has been able to produce the bass I've experienced in the Corps!

Must..stop...buying...every bluray release...
post #5 of 5 Old 01-28-2013, 07:09 PM

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyav View Post

Hi Jbdan,

Thanks
Yeah I think 80Hz is too low as well and changed it to 120. Your setting/surroundings influence your audio. I'd say just experiment with it and find what sounds best to you. I'm not familiar with your receiver but if it has any kind of calibration software you could run that and see how it sounds
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page