Music / Movies: KF-28, CF-70 or RTi A9? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 15 Old 01-30-2013, 07:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So, what would you use for movies and music and why? The Klipsch FK-28's, the Energy CF-70's or the Polk RTi-A9's?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 01-30-2013, 07:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Are those your only options? Theres some better choices out there IMO that would outperform those, but if its just between those three I would lean toward the Polk. Dual midranges, great dynamic midbass which alot of people want for movies especially action movies. Also works great if you only like music in 2.0 you can run them full range for music.
post #3 of 15 Old 01-30-2013, 09:54 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the response. Yes, these are my only options. How do the Polk RTi A7's compare to the CF-70's and KF-28's where music and movies are concerned?
post #4 of 15 Old 01-31-2013, 05:25 AM - Thread Starter

Anyone?
post #5 of 15 Old 01-31-2013, 06:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 105
Out of those speakers the only ones I have heard were the Klipsch Icon and Synergy series speaker. They would be a good TV/Movie speaker but maybe not the best for music. They are a little harsh or bright tho.

What is your budget and what kind of system are you looking for, 2.0, 2.1, 5.1, 7.1, 7.2???

Shawn
post #6 of 15 Old 01-31-2013, 08:21 AM - Thread Starter

I am looking to utilize a 5.1 system using 4 of the following floorstanding speakers:

Klipsch KF-28's
Energy CF-70's
Polk RTi A9's

Using 4 of these floorstanding speakers (two front, two rear for surround), which would do better for music and movies?
post #7 of 15 Old 01-31-2013, 08:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 105
I have never heard them but from the looks and specs I would choose the Polk RTi A9's. I think you will get the best mids, midbass and bass from these speakers. Plus the look of 6 drivers and a port on the front of the speaker is awesome.

Shawn
post #8 of 15 Old 01-31-2013, 08:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 74
You've created 4 threads just in the last month on the same topic. There's no need to clutter the boards with the same redundant topic of "what's better". No one can tell you whats better. It's literally impossible. Only YOU and YOUR EARS can decide what YOU like and what YOU would like to have in YOUR home. There is no way around that.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1452515/klipsch-energy-and-polk-who-makes-the-better-floorstanding-speaker/0_70

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1452711/accomodation-program-help-piece-together-a-complete-sound-system/0_70

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1454507/polk-rti-a9-floorstanding-speakers-what-are-your-thoughts/0_70#post_22895973

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1455298/music-movies-kf-28-cf-70-or-rti-a9/0_70#post_22905274

Panny 65st60 / Denon / EMP e55ti / EMP e56ci / EMP e5bi / (2) e1010i
post #9 of 15 Old 01-31-2013, 11:21 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ousooner2 View Post

You've created 4 threads just in the last month on the same topic. There's no need to clutter the boards with the same redundant topic of "what's better". No one can tell you whats better. It's literally impossible. Only YOU and YOUR EARS can decide what YOU like and what YOU would like to have in YOUR home. There is no way around that.
I guess what you were missing in those four threads you linked is the fact that I don't want to buy junk. I have three different branded floorspeakers to choose from... tell me which brand is the better choice. It would be like me telling you that you need to get to Point A to Point B and that cost doesn't matter - just pick one of the following cars: a Daihatsu Charade, Daewoo or a Ford Focus... and we both know that 99% of people will pick the Ford.

The same can be said here when choosing a floorspeaker. Yeah, I guess I need to listen to them to make a decision, but they all play music, they all play movies. I just want to know which brand makes a more quality product, and which floorspeaker I will get the most "stuff" out of.
post #10 of 15 Old 01-31-2013, 11:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 90
I still think the Polks are the way to go. Alot of people like the RTi12/RTi A9s. I don't think the Klipsch model you asked about is going to be that great, Klipsch Reference line is the one I would look at if you want Klipsch. Energy is hit or miss recently and most of the stuff is being discontinued but the CF-70s are a solid choice as well, I just think the A9s would be better.

Are you getting a discount on these models from some place?
post #11 of 15 Old 01-31-2013, 02:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garetjax View Post

I guess what you were missing in those four threads you linked is the fact that I don't want to buy junk. I have three different branded floorspeakers to choose from... tell me which brand is the better choice. It would be like me telling you that you need to get to Point A to Point B and that cost doesn't matter - just pick one of the following cars: a Daihatsu Charade, Daewoo or a Ford Focus... and we both know that 99% of people will pick the Ford.

The same can be said here when choosing a floorspeaker. Yeah, I guess I need to listen to them to make a decision, but they all play music, they all play movies. I just want to know which brand makes a more quality product, and which floorspeaker I will get the most "stuff" out of.

I'm super confused. I'm not the one that missed anything lol. You've posted the same topic 4 different times and I'm trying to tell you that no one can tell you what you like. Someone might say that speaker A has nicer quality parts, but some might prefer speaker B that has a slightly less quality part, but better in other areas. Speaker B might have worse measurements than A, lesser quality drivers, etc, but some may still prefer it over A. All depends on you and your factors. Polks likely have the higher build quality and are the one's I'd choose, but I certainly wouldn't limit myself to that list b/c I've heard them and didn't care for them. Energy is, like gtp said, hit or miss since the RC & good veritas days. Klipsch is pretty much reference line or nothing and even then it's just meh (for me of course...YMMV).

I'm assuming this is BB employee discount so try to find a store that might have them. If not, search the Polk, Energy and Klipsch threads. Ask if anyone is local and if they'd be willing to let you have a listen. If nothing then you'll just have to do what most do and buy whatever you think you want

post #12 of 15 Old 01-31-2013, 02:54 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 661
Quote:
Originally Posted by flickhtguru View Post

Out of those speakers the only ones I have heard were the Klipsch Icon and Synergy series speaker. They would be a good TV/Movie speaker but maybe not the best for music. They are a little harsh or bright tho.

+1

If you haven't heard Klipsch and know that their tendency towards a brighter sound is for you, I would steer clear. They are good fit for some, whereas others find them fatiguing. The Polk and the Energy are more likely to be compatible.

post #13 of 15 Old 02-01-2013, 01:29 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the responses, GT, Sooner, Flick and Cel. Yes, I do have a discount for these particular floorspeakers where I work, which is why I can only choose between these three. I did indeed go to a store and listened to the Energy CF-70's and was pretty impressed with them, but I don't know anyone or anywhere that I can listen to the Polk RTi A9's at.

The Klipsch KF-28's I am not really that impressed with, especially the build quality - they look and feel a little on the cheap side (no offense to anyone that owns them!) versus the Energy CF-70's which are built like bricks and look sexy as hell.

Right now, the choice is between the Energy CF-70 and the Polk RTi-A9. I'm planning to get four of these floorspeakers for a 5.1 surround sound setup... I'm leaning toward the Energy, only because I've heard them. However, I've haven't yet listened to, much less seen the RTi A9's yet so it isn't out of the picture yet.
post #14 of 15 Old 02-01-2013, 02:08 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 661
If you know that you like the CF-70s, there is always the risk that you won't like the RTi A9s as much. Sometimes it's better to go with what you know than with what you don't.

post #15 of 15 Old 02-01-2013, 04:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garetjax View Post

Thanks for the responses, GT, Sooner, Flick and Cel. Yes, I do have a discount for these particular floorspeakers where I work, which is why I can only choose between these three. I did indeed go to a store and listened to the Energy CF-70's and was pretty impressed with them, but I don't know anyone or anywhere that I can listen to the Polk RTi A9's at.

The Klipsch KF-28's I am not really that impressed with, especially the build quality - they look and feel a little on the cheap side (no offense to anyone that owns them!) versus the Energy CF-70's which are built like bricks and look sexy as hell.

Right now, the choice is between the Energy CF-70 and the Polk RTi-A9. I'm planning to get four of these floorspeakers for a 5.1 surround sound setup... I'm leaning toward the Energy, only because I've heard them. However, I've haven't yet listened to, much less seen the RTi A9's yet so it isn't out of the picture yet.

I'd try to find those Polks to listen to...so there's no doubt because that will/can eat you alive.

Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page